Q10 scored better than Z10 on my preference chart. So I was in a dilemma.
    But Z30 now scored lot better than Q10. This thingy I am buying for sure.

Z30 is the best in both design & engineering worlds.

For example, Z30 supports micro SDXC memory cards - it means terabyte portable storage will soon be reality !
    09-19-13 04:04 AM
    The only way to save Blackberry is to invest in promotion AND Marketing.
    How many people around you know about BB10 ? For me, people around me just think that BBR is for business man. But they don't know about the new phone (I'm in France).
    So, marketing have to show people what they can do with this phone and improve promotion to sell them. I buy my Z10 full price but don't know who win money, BBR or the shop where I buy it. So reduce mark up, sell BB10 phones and increase application.
    09-19-13 06:47 AM
    Maybe nothing can save Blackberry, no matter how much we want it to survive and prosper. BB10 has not resonated with the wider public, and not with the app developers. 10.2 is a hard sell as it just sounds like an incremental upgrade.

There isn't really anything about the Z30 that means it will have a significantly better sales performance than the Z10. The phone shops are not behind Blackberry, and the networks aren't either.

I'm still loving my Z10, but I am just one guy.
    kbz1960 and Robin Lim like this.
    09-19-13 06:51 AM
    BlackBerry as we know it is done. It's over. Didn't everyone read about how they are auctioning themselves off? This is fact, not debatable.

The most that we can hope fore is that bb10 finds itself in the hands of someone who is prepared to get behind it and give it the chance in the marketplace that BlackBerry could not/would not give it.

Posted via CB10
    Saiga likes this.
    09-19-13 07:11 AM
    Yes, after the initial heady launch failure of BlackBerry 10 to quickly pickup market share led to a quick decision to throw in the towel.

Basically, you have a case of lack of willingness to fake risks. BlackBerry has about US$2.2 billion in cash. If it believed it could slowly recover marker share it could continue to try for the next 4-5 years at least.

Basically, announce that they are not going anywhere, focus on maintaining it's corporate accounts and clients who demand security. During this time the rather expensive Z10, Q10 and Q5 could drop down enough in price to reach a broader market.

But that means stockholders have to be willing to risk the value of their shares going down to nothing if the effort fails.

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-19-13 07:18 AM
    let's face it, its highly probable the decision to break up the company and axe vast swathes of the R&D group was taken months back (based on the real bb10) sales figures. The z30 is just the final release before the curtain falls. Even TH couldn't be bothered to turn up to promote it. A decent phone but the ultimate white elephant.
    09-19-13 07:42 AM
    Z30 can't but it can help. BBM could save BlackBerry though. I really hope they can generate some cash with the cross platform app!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 07:55 AM
    People keep saying that there was a lack of marketing but I saw tons of ads for the z10... i'm not sure why people have been thinking this.

If i'm not mistaken they even had a couple super bowl ads correct?

And I constantly see annoying youtube ads

And at the Blue Jays stadium in Toronto there is a giant BlackBerry banner out on the back wall of the field. I think the marketing was fine its just that the marketing didn't work.

No one wants to watch commercials of people walking around with a phone. A lot of the new ads are funny or just plain obnoxious which catches people's attention more than a professional looking ad.
    09-19-13 09:14 AM
    I think the z30 can capture a bit of iPhone audience unsatisfied with screen size.
    Then it will depend on marketing efforts.

Posted via CB10
    No. They will go to a galaxy note 3 or a galaxy s4. What makes iphone users come to BlackBerry instead of Android? Nothing.
    09-19-13 09:15 AM
    I guess one thing we should consider is that The way BlackBerry launched the Z30, almost no one outside this community probably knows it exists.

Posted from my Zed 10
    +1
    09-19-13 09:16 AM
    Nope....too late since launch of Z10.
    People still don't know about the new phones.......
    People still think they are the old BB......
    BB hasn't changed anyones perception......
    09-19-13 09:19 AM
    If I had a dollar for every time I heard "BlackBerry is dead", then I'd have enough to buy the whole company myself.

People are over reacting in my opinion. The Z30 is a great phone but 90% of people will be looking at it behind their shades that filter anything BlackBerry. That's quite unfortunate, but BlackBerry pushing onward and not stopping will eventually catch some peoples' eyes.
    SharonRD likes this.
    09-19-13 09:23 AM
    Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states, "Any headline which ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

Betteridge's law of headlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    h20work likes this.
    09-19-13 09:41 AM
    Titanic springs to mind

Posted VIA BlackBerry Z30
    09-20-13 06:40 AM
    The Z30 is more of a nail in the coffin then a savior. The Z30 boasts all day battery and virtually nothing else. BlackBerry needs to find some way to get their entire user base of legacy devices to switch over night to BB10 or they are finished.
    Actually, it boasts the screen size over the Z10 AND the iPhone 5S. But why does it need anything else? The Z10 is a better device than the iPhone and many other Android devices. There's no reason why the devices need any more specs. They're already the best. The device isn't just the hardware, it;'s the software too and how it manages that hardware.
    09-20-13 07:30 AM
    If compare between Z10 and Z30 on SPEC, I don't see any much significant differences.
    If BBRY keeps moving on "no significant" marketing strategies in launching new devices, I don't know how long will it survive in the market?
    09-21-13 03:37 AM
    The company announced its about to sell BlackBerry so why with high hopes it'll turn the company around?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:00 AM
    The company announced its about to sell BlackBerry so why with high hopes it'll turn the company around?

Posted via CB10
    The thread is 5 days old.
    09-23-13 02:42 PM
    This reminds me for some reason of the Zen koan
    "Does a dog have a Buddha-nature?"
    to which the answer (in Japanese) is "mu" (i.e. I don't know, probably no).
    Yes, I know it's a cat. But given the above, it should be saying "mu".
    Yes, I know you don't care a toss about Zen. But it's Zen philosophy that has revolutionised the design of electronic products - the iPhone is pure Zen until it's switched on. The Q10 is pretty Zen too - everything is functional and even the apparent decoration on the back is actually the form of the material of which it's made. I felt the Z10 had slightly bad karma because of the fussy extra bits at the corners that weren't an organic part of the design. Perhaps that's it. Or perhaps I just need some sleep after the dog kept me awake last night.
    09-23-13 02:49 PM
    The only way to save Blackberry is to invest in promotion AND Marketing.
    How many people around you know about BB10 ? For me, people around me just think that BBR is for business man. But they don't know about the new phone (I'm in France).
    So, marketing have to show people what they can do with this phone and improve promotion to sell them. I buy my Z10 full price but don't know who win money, BBR or the shop where I buy it. So reduce mark up, sell BB10 phones and increase application.
    Why does eveyone keep harping on marketing? I can take a broken down car, market the heck out of it, and it's still a broken down car.

The marketplace at large simply (and correctly) does not believe Blackberry can put out anything that works intelligently. It took them roughly 16 months to make the Playbook work reasonably well. This should have allowed them to launch BB10 cleanly, but no... no. The Z10 was a decent enough piece of hardware, but the first bunch of itterations of BB10 were unfinished / unpolished / whatever. My favorite part is their most recent complete muff job of the BBM launch. I mean they want to woo new customers over and they completely take a dump in the bed on the BMM Adroid / iPhone launch.

I don't care what kind of marketing team you have but when you constantly and consistently screw things up, people won't pay up.
    09-23-13 10:50 PM
    No! The Z30 won't save BB. It will enable BlackBerry to continue,...though be it at a struggle. However, the Z30 will save me from buying an iPhone, Nokia or Droid!

JMDZ10
    09-24-13 09:00 AM
    The thread is 5 days old.
    Time flies when you're a Blackberry fan. Last week the Z30 was their saviour. Now it's doubtful it'll even be released in most markets.
    09-26-13 08:15 PM
    Nice overgeneralization well done, doesn't need the twin turbos, works fine on the fuel injection thank you very much. At this point in the specs we are comparing a BMW M750 to a S63 AMG Mercedes, both sharp knives, just which one fits your hand and combat style better, because they are both just as effective...

SMH...

Posted via CB10
    Both of those cars are twin turbo

Smh...
    09-26-13 09:02 PM
    If I had a dollar for every time I heard "BlackBerry is dead", then I'd have enough to buy the whole company myself.

People are over reacting in my opinion. The Z30 is a great phone but 90% of people will be looking at it behind their shades that filter anything BlackBerry. That's quite unfortunate, but BlackBerry pushing onward and not stopping will eventually catch some peoples' eyes.
    Over reacting to what? Be honest, things aren't exactly looking good here. Bbry canceled their earnings call, it's not like they have good news to report.

The Z10 had decent specs when it was released, and in no uncertain terms it was a flop. The z30 has decent specs, and an ever more limited audience.

If bbry had high hopes for the z30, they would have made a major announcement for its release. Instead they picked a very low key event, to which their ceo didn't even show up. There have been no announcements of carriers offering the device or release dates, other than Vzw and a few canadian carriers saying nothing more than "we plan on it".
    09-26-13 09:14 PM
    I think BB10 devices are great products, but BlackBerry needs to improve on its ease of use. Many people I knew simply didn't know how to navigate the device. They are so used to a centre button. Swiping gestures are great, but for BlackBerry to go mainstream consumer I think they need to create a button that even a dummy can pick it up and use it straight away. Doing something different when all your competitors are sticking to the proven way (a centre button) has proven a bad decision, as far as I can see.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:39 PM
65 123