It's now or never. Many consumers haven't seen or even heard of BB10.

Now that the Z30 is coming, could this be a second chance for BBRY to get the word out on OS10?

It's going to showcase OS version10.2 which brings many features that were lacking in 10.1.

Now is the time to advertise and provide greater incentives to retailers than Samsung or apple does. This would make sales people more interested in the product and steer customers towards it instead of away.

A customer may see the phone and want to play with it..and like it..and see a Z10 for much cheaper or in some cases free with a contract. This could potentially boost Z10 popularity and spread word of how much better the BB10 is compared to IOS or Android. I hope so.
    What do you guys think? How can BlackBerry leverage the release of this phone to save company.

- aBBuser on CB10 - .1725 & awaiting the resurrection of Squircle!
    09-18-13 07:21 PM
    BlackBerry users can save the company. This is can change history.

Idea for slogan:

YOU can change HISTORY. ACT NOW!
    #IChooseBlackBerry10
    09-18-13 07:32 PM
    Totally agree! I think a good come back would of worked great with the Z10, there was just a lack of marketing and apps, which didn't help.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    09-18-13 07:51 PM
    The Z30 is more of a nail in the coffin then a savior. The Z30 boasts all day battery and virtually nothing else. BlackBerry needs to find some way to get their entire user base of legacy devices to switch over night to BB10 or they are finished.
    Saiga, Drew808 and tg1 like this.
    09-18-13 07:57 PM
    Awesome idea for a slogan.

Posted by my Zed running 10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    09-18-13 07:57 PM
    No. I don't think it will sell in any significant numbers. Here's why:

A direct comparison would be the sales number of the Note 2 against the Samsung S4. Similar products to compare.... one phablet and one smartphone. Just like the Z30 against the Z10. Let's assume that the S4 sold 20m units in it's first 2 months and the Note 2 sold how many? 5m.

Now, the Z10 sold how many units? Say 3m. By reason of a direct comparison that puts the Z30 sales figure at about 750,000. I don't think they'll get anywhere near that.

The Z30 will be a release in the same vein as the Playbook. Epic. But not in a good way.
    Saiga and Drew808 like this.
    09-18-13 08:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and fatkiid like this.
    09-18-13 08:02 PM
    Way too little too late. Nothing novel (we will see about the antenna). Modest specs- poor app selection. No eco-system. They had a chance - now slim to none. Too bad.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:09 PM
    No. I don't think it will sell in any significant numbers. Here's why:

A direct comparison would be the sales number of the Note 2 against the Samsung S4. Similar products to compare.... one phablet and one smartphone. Just like the Z30 against the Z10. Let's assume that the S4 sold 20m units in it's first 2 months and the Note 2 sold how many? 5m.

Now, the Z10 sold how many units? Say 3m. By reason of a direct comparison that puts the Z30 sales figure at about 750,000. I don't think they'll get anywhere near that.

The Z30 will be a release in the same vein as the Playbook. Epic. But not in a good way.
    Pretty poor comparison I feel, considering that the S4 is in fact the same size as the Z30. The Z30 isn't big enough to serve as a phablet nowadays, I've seen people even refer to it as a Z10 replacement. A better comparison might be the Galaxy S4 versus the S4 Mini, with the former being similar to the Z30 and the latter more like the Z10.

Now, having said that, I don't see the Z30 selling all that well anyhow, unless they really ramp up their marketing game and continue to actively pursue the closing of that app gap. If nothing changes significantly in those regards, then in the best-case scenario, I see them selling just slightly more than the Z10.
    russworman and Donvald like this.
    09-18-13 08:15 PM
    Pretty poor comparison I feel, considering that the S4 is in fact the same size as the Z30. The Z30 isn't big enough to serve as a phablet nowadays, I've seen people even refer to it as a Z10 replacement. A better comparison might be the Galaxy S4 versus the S4 Mini, with the former being similar to the Z30 and the latter more like the Z10.

Now, having said that, I don't see the Z30 selling all that well anyhow, unless they really ramp up their marketing game and continue to actively pursue the closing of that app gap. If nothing changes significantly in those regards, then in the best-case scenario, I see them selling just slightly more than the Z10.
    I was avoiding the S4 and S4 mini comparison - because the figures are much worse for Blackberry. 20m against 1m. That would equate to 300,000 Z30's selling. Personally, I can't see that many myself. The Z30 doesn't introduce anything new over the Z10 except size and decent battery life. And sometimes size doesn't matter.
    09-18-13 08:19 PM
    The Z30 is bringing 10.2 which is golden compared to the crappy random reboots of the old verizon phones, crappy maps, and overall less polished OS. There's a lot less for reviewers to complain about on the Z30. I dont think it'll save BlackBerry though . They need to put a billion into marketing that Z30 in a cocky/funny way. If they do that I guarantee they'll sell more than the Z10 did.
    09-18-13 08:26 PM
    Way too little too late. Nothing novel (we will see about the antenna). Modest specs- poor app selection. No eco-system. They had a chance - now slim to none. Too bad.

Posted via CB10
    Nice overgeneralization well done, doesn't need the twin turbos, works fine on the fuel injection thank you very much. At this point in the specs we are comparing a BMW M750 to a S63 AMG Mercedes, both sharp knives, just which one fits your hand and combat style better, because they are both just as effective...

SMH...

Posted via CB10
    mas_quemex likes this.
    09-18-13 08:28 PM
    It's now or never. Many consumers haven't seen or even heard of BB10.

Now that the Z30 is coming, could this be a second chance for BBRY to get the word out on OS10?

It's going to showcase OS version10.2 which brings many features that were lacking in 10.1.

Now is the time to advertise and provide greater incentives to retailers than Samsung or apple does. This would make sales people more interested in the product and steer customers towards it instead of away.

A customer may see the phone and want to play with it..and like it..and see a Z10 for much cheaper or in some cases free with a contract. This could potentially boost Z10 popularity and spread word of how much better the BB10 is compared to IOS or Android. I hope so.
    What do you guys think? How can BlackBerry leverage the release of this phone to save company.

- aBBuser on CB10 - .1725 & awaiting the resurrection of Squircle!
    No! At least not the way they want it to be
    09-18-13 08:31 PM
    I was avoiding the S4 and S4 mini comparison - because the figures are much worse for Blackberry. 20m against 1m. That would equate to 300,000 Z30's selling. Personally, I can't see that many myself. The Z30 doesn't introduce anything new over the Z10 except size and decent battery life. And sometimes size doesn't matter.
    That would indeed make for some poor figures, but it's not a perfect comparison. The Z10 and Z30 are both going to be available in Canada, for instance, while I have yet to see anyone offer the S4 Mini for sale around here. I don't believe the Mini is readily available in the US either.

You may have a point about the feature set (though it might also be worth noting the improved speakers and antenna, incremental as they may be), but I think the Z30 has the advantage of launching with OS 10.2. It's significantly more polished than 10.0 was when the Z10 launched, and should help make for better device reviews from the media. I recall quite a few Z10 reviews, my own included, complaining about bugs and a lack of features in certain areas of the OS. 10.2 is a huge step forwards in comparison.
    09-18-13 08:31 PM
    Let's consider how under informed people are about BlackBerry 10 and how many (AT&T, Verizon, t-mobile, etc... ) sales reps would steer consumers away to iphones.

How could anyone not want to play with such a beautiful phone? That should spark interest in BlackBerry 10 phones. And if sales people would stop steering customers away and actually suggest the phone..I think the Z10, 30, and Q's could go viral.

- aBBuser on CB10 -.1725 awaiting the resurrection of the squircle!
    09-18-13 08:41 PM
    Let's consider how under informed people are about BlackBerry 10 and how many AT&T, Verizon, t-mobile, etc... sales reps would steer consumers away to iphones.

How could anyone not want to play with such a beautiful phone? That should spark interest in BlackBerry 10 phones. And if sales people would stop steering customers away and actually suggest the phone..I think the Z10, 30, and Q's could go viral.

- aBBuser on CB10 -.1725 awaiting the resurrection of the squircle!
    As nice as I think it looks myself, appearance is a very subjective thing and I wouldn't bank on it saving them. There are plenty of good-looking phones out there today - the iPhone 5S, Nexus 4, and HTC One stand out in my opinion, but they most certainly aren't the only ones.

People are definitely uninformed about BlackBerry 10, but that's what the marketing department is paid to rectify - and so far I've been rather disappointed with their efforts. They had brief moments that gave me hope, but then instead of growing into large campaigns they all just died down.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-18-13 08:46 PM
    Chances are extremely, extremely slim that the Z30 is going to change Blackberry's fate. The Z30 is not likely to surpass sales of the Z10, and the Z10 wasn't a very good seller.

Blackberry Diehards will buy the Z30, but there are just not that many diehards around to make a significant difference. When they release the earnings report after the Z30 has been in the market for a few months, I'm fairly certain it won't show very good numbers.
    09-18-13 08:56 PM
    They have $ 3billion. Can you guess when would be a great time to spend it?

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-19-13 12:28 AM
    The naysayers versus the fanboys. Goodness.. you'd think at some point everyone would just stop talking and rise above the noise.
    SharonRD likes this.
    09-19-13 12:30 AM
    I think, like several others have expressed here is that the BlackBerry Z30 will appeal to those already wanting a BlackBerry but who have been holding out for a larger display. Still one more option should improve sales a bit.

A lot depends on the price. The Z10, Q10 and Q5 were priced to high at launch I think. But you are not going to see a mass migration to BlackBerry because of the Z10.

For BlackBerry to come back, it really has to show that it's operating system is superior and that it has all the major apps.

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-19-13 01:12 AM
    No! Blackberry got themselves in this mess and are doing nothing to get back up! All they are doing is cashing out. While loyal BlackBerry fans like myself have hope they seem not to care. If they dont care why should I?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:14 AM
    I think the z30 can capture a bit of iPhone audience unsatisfied with screen size.
    Then it will depend on marketing efforts.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 02:14 AM
    Yes!

Trusted Member Genius
    09-19-13 03:10 AM
    IMO, the Z30 will not save the company alone. But, it will be a key player. I believe the combination of the Z30, BBM xPlatform, AND aggressive pricng will make BlackBerry a legitimate player. I honestly believe BlackBerry taking any kind of stronghold is still at least a year away. But with the combination of the three I slated, it will at the least make BlackBerry noticeable. The number 1 item to turn heads and make BlackBerry be seen is BBM xPlatform. This will give other platform users the initial feel for the BB10 OS. And most people that say "why do I need that?" Well, it will be simple because you can now give out your PIN # to almost anyone as apposed to you actual cell number. I know this point alone will be huge in my industry. So I can only assume it has its benefits in others.

So to me, the Z30 has its part in the success of BlackBerry. But the real key to success is BBM xPlatform.

But that's just my opinion. What do I know. I'm just a food server. Lol!

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    09-19-13 03:11 AM
    I guess one thing we should consider is that The way BlackBerry launched the Z30, almost no one outside this community probably knows it exists.

Posted from my Zed 10
    kylef5993 likes this.
    09-19-13 03:33 AM
65 123