I currently have a z30. I switched from the q10. I always here that blackberry security is far more superior than apple,android,windows etc. Can someone explain to me how that is? Im just curious cause honestly I dont understand it. Thank u

Posted via CB10
    Nakia Johnson1 likes this.
    12-16-13 10:16 AM
    There are alot that can be found via a google search. Read through those for now, they may answer your question.
    BlackBerry - Business Smartphone Security - Mobile Security - UK

BlackBerry Business Mobile Device Security - Smartphone Security - UK
    12-16-13 10:30 AM
    I currently have a z30. I switched from the q10. I always here that blackberry security is far more superior than apple,android,windows etc. Can someone explain to me how that is? Im just curious cause honestly I dont understand it. Thank u

Posted via CB10
    Well not many will participate in this thread but will share the info and convo on this.
    To cut it short if you are not using BES services then NOTHING.
    Now if you use bes service then bb says that from mobile to reciepients the data is encripted and travel through NOC(network operations center) via carier(verison,tmobile etc).
    Now the encription key which is generated from ur bb can be decripted only to reciepient device. In bw there is no way a person can decript.
    My analysis: there is not a single instance where exchange which is using ip packets is being hacked. So more or less its just a buble talk about security.
    Yes if an organisation wish the convo to be remained with their employees and tgey cant forward or do a back up then yes bes comes fine as u can configure that data or mails can be forwarded to a set of group only.

But but i rather foubt apart from NASa or any big security givt agency need that ****....
    For a normal guy or a enterprise user.. This security talk is just a gimmic nothing else.... Neither android or iphone or any windows os data when tnfrd through ms exchange is hacked till date.
    Thanks
    EddieAIG and Suhailone like this.
    12-16-13 10:30 AM
    Was your text encrypted? Seems like some of it was not deciphered . Or maybe you should have taken the time to check your spelling before spouting as a professional cryptologist...JMHO

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 10:36 AM
    I still like how you can set many individual permissions when installing apps, you don't have to give access to your entire device just to have a flashlight app, you can allow access to different aspects of your device, I believe if I'm not mistaken, with android it's either you allow all or nothing, and with apple I don't even remember having the choice to do that. But I haven't used ios7 at all so things may be different there.

Posted via CB10
    dosto, sosof and bd69 like this.
    12-16-13 10:47 AM
    Well not many will participate in this thread but will share the info and convo on this.
    Now if you use bes service then bb says that from mobile to reciepients the data is encripted and travel through NOC(network operations center) via carier(verison,tmobile etc).
    Now the encription key which is generated from ur bb can be decripted only to reciepient device. In bw there is no way a person can decript.
    My analysis: there is not a single instance where exchange which is using ip packets is being hacked. So more or less its just a buble talk about security.
    Yes if an organisation wish the convo to be remained with their employees and tgey cant forward or do a back up then yes bes comes fine as u can configure that data or mails can be forwarded to a set of group only.

But but i rather foubt apart from NASa or any big security givt agency need that ****....
    For a normal guy or a enterprise user.. This security talk is just a gimmic nothing else.... Neither android or iphone or any windows os data when tnfrd through ms exchange is hacked till date.
    Thanks
    Can you root or jailbreak a BlackBerry and/or gain access to the boot loader?

Your summary only seems to focus on email, there is more to an OS than email.
    12-16-13 10:52 AM

Ehhh- ....you are not correct Mr. "A LOT" would be a better answer... Instead of doing all the work for you, I will let you Google your way to knowledge, -

remember to gather info about iOS and Android as well as BB10... and you will find the true answers...

"Security" is so many things - and it is not only about "your" security- but also your contacts security, your apps, your OS, many things... BES allows for even more security- but also without BES- BB10 handles the different aspects of security better than the rest...
    SDTRMG, BBSpring, Omnitech and 1 others like this.
    12-16-13 11:27 AM
    Was your text encrypted? Seems like some of it was not deciphered . Or maybe you should have taken the time to check your spelling before spouting as a professional cryptologist...JMHO

Posted via CB10
    LOL!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:38 AM
    Read through here it has already been discussed at length multiple times

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=881271

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.2.1.1055 | BBM Channel C0006E212
    12-16-13 01:05 PM
    Don't listen to tabish he has nothing to back up his claims BB10 is more secure BES10 or not.

12-16-13 01:09 PM

Thanks
    You are actually completely wrong. R Field pointed you in the right direction. One more link to make sure you understand: http://m.infoworld.com/d/mobile-tech...d_top_stories_

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-16-13 01:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Time is very near when u come out of denial mode... Try to accept it... U spend ur dollars on a **** doesnt mean u r right always...
    12-16-13 04:48 PM
    Can you root or jailbreak a BlackBerry and/or gain access to the boot loader?

Your summary only seems to focus on email, there is more to an OS than email.
    Humm nice q... Well what u suppose to via jailbreak or root the device??? Tell me.... Did u ever try to jailbreak an iphone without erasing it?????
    In corporate world its data which is valuable nd this is what bb boasts about... Ask any programmer to get even a single text msg from an iphone if its locked and no access medium...
    Brother, live in a real world... Put even an android phone and try to pull d data without erasing it... U cant...
    Ask any good programmer he can clear u that... Be practical.. Do it by urself and see what security thing bb always talk abt..
    12-16-13 04:54 PM
    Ehhh- ....you are not correct Mr. "A LOT" would be a better answer... Instead of doing all the work for you, I will let you Google your way to knowledge, -

remember to gather info about iOS and Android as well as BB10... and you will find the true answers...

"Security" is so many things - and it is not only about "your" security- but also your contacts security, your apps, your OS, many things... BES allows for even more security- but also without BES- BB10 handles the different aspects of security better than the rest...
    Show me live example of what security u r talking about... Put an iphone, android and bb... Then show me... I will appreciate it better than googling it... Thanks
    12-16-13 04:56 PM
    You are actually completely wrong. R Field pointed you in the right direction. One more link to make sure you understand: The real reason Obama can't swap his BlackBerry for an iPhone | Mobile Technology - InfoWorld

Ok m wrong.. Upload a video putting an android, iphone and bb... Nd show how secure is bb then iphone or android.. Rather than sending analyst blog newsletters....
    Thank you... Ill wait...

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-16-13 05:00 PM
    Don't listen to tabish he has nothing to back up his claims BB10 is more secure BES10 or not.

No doubt u r an bbos user... Keep living in fantassy world.. Wake up its not 2006... I asked ahow me an example whr ms exchange is hacked before.. Or any email transmittal... U just dening without showing a valid point...
    12-16-13 05:03 PM
    Put even an android phone and try to pull d data without erasing it... U cant....
    Nice try
    Android smartphone data is not protected/encrypted at all, link.

OP, you should clarify what you are looking from security perspective.
    BB kills competitors at various levels from proper application sandboxing with individual permissions (my favorite) up to the work/personal split supported by BES server.
    12-16-13 05:06 PM
    http://bgr.com/2013/11/29/nsa-spying...ns-blackberry/
    Just another link.. OP if you can't open and read links provided then it's tough to help you.

ZeD30 on CB10
    12-16-13 05:16 PM
    Show me live example of what security u r talking about... Put an iphone, android and bb... Then show me... I will appreciate it better than googling it... Thanks
    Oh geeze, another lazy one...
    Okey, i'll give you two things for free:

1) all apps on BB10 are 'sandboxed' in their own encrypted space, and NO other app can access the app files to corrupt them in any way.

2) BB10 have strict control over shared resources, so No app can abuse your shared resources like Contacts and files tc without You allowing the app access.

Now- go search for the rest yourself
    adjdudley21 and cdnrower like this.
    12-16-13 05:19 PM
    Nice try
    Android smartphone data is not protected/encrypted at all, link.

OP, you should clarify what you are looking from security perspective.
    BB kills competitors at various levels from proper application sandboxing with individual permissions (my favorite) up to the work/personal split supported by BES server.
    Again i request u to read my first reply to op.... It comes to gold standard when we talk about security in bb..... But very few org. Need that....
    Now my second word abt iphone and android.... Samsung already introduced knox(its a failure but still does d same way as bes is doin)
    You didnt said anything about iphone yet? Why?
    Please forgive my crappy typing mistake m not much used to glass typing...
    When we talk about security we need to take care of data security .. Either through mails or any external communication whr data is tnfrd.
    U cant jailbreak or take data inside ur iphone is no user rights is given... Yes from android u can .. By simply taking off the ram physically and put it into another ic and from assembly programming u can read it.. But is it practically viable???? Does everyone knows that way???
    Now i said about emails.. Through bes... Did u cite out a single example where another device email is hacked via ms exchange and which was not encripted and sent through simple internet ????
    I would love to participate in a possitive way rather than cb guys just getting hostile when thr is something which they dont like
    12-16-13 05:29 PM
    Oh geeze, another lazy one...
    Okey, i'll give you two things for free:

1) all apps on BB10 are 'sandboxed' in their own encrypted space, and NO other app can access the app files to corrupt them in any way.

2) BB10 have strict control over shared resources, so No app can abuse your shared resources like Contacts and files tc without You allowing the app access.

Now- go search for the rest yourself
    Ur first point reply.
    Iphone apps are also sandboxed.. Infact nothing else can run simultaneously without closing the latter.
    Sexond point: give a single example where an app can acess user files or contact infprmation without asking your permission? In ios??? Name it.... Thr is none...
    I think in ur first point u were trying to say somethig about seperate work space and workspace to apps... Seperate work space only comes in when u take bes server connection...

By the way i am exicted u talked about sandboxing.... Can u list an app which talk to another app in ios??? In background without user permission?
    12-16-13 05:36 PM
    No doubt u r an bbos user... Keep living in fantassy world.. Wake up its not 2006... I asked ahow me an example whr ms exchange is hacked before.. Or any email transmittal... U just dening without showing a valid point...
    Read the linked thread I have a ton of backup for my statements in there along with a bunch of other people providing their own. Also can't you read I have a Z30...

12-16-13 05:37 PM
    Read the linked thread I have a ton of backup for my statements in there along with a bunch of other people providing their own. Also can't you read I have a Z30...

Again stupid reply.... Well u cant talk and answer the questions????
    Again read all my replies... Wat u wanna show me through user blogs ???
    On paper everything sounds good.... Live in a practical world..
    Again m asking u to google (thats what u can only do) to find an example where ms exchange is hacked and email is compromised when sent through normal ip...
    Second example.. Show me how u can retrieve a data from an iphone without user credentials or permission... From apps or by jailbreaking...
    See i refined questions for ur google search....
    Thx
    12-16-13 05:47 PM
    Oh boy�. All of the bickering is ridiculous� The president of the united states is not allowed to use android or apple, but he is allowed to use a blackberry� lol

Ok now there is one person here trying to convince all of the other people providing links and actual facts that they are wrong by saying put them side by side and show me.. hahaha

So i won't make a video or post a link but lets see�.

IOS:
    Every update ever released has been jailbroken within 24hours.. Every security patch to fix these vulnerabilities has been exploited and torn down�.

Android:
    Is an open source OS so they kinda thrive off of people finding way to manipulate the software�

Blackberry:
    The only device to ever be rooted has been the playbook� Which when blackberry was made aware of this, they patched it and that was the end of the "jail breaking"

Now, that is a harmless example because yes, you have to volunteer to make your IOS/android device jailbroken�.

Now, blackberry sandboxes their apps and only the user can give apps permission to access data�

Lets say your smart phone is stolen with a lock code on it�. On apple, you can hack your way around the password� with android you can hack your way around the password or remove the memory card and capture the data on the memory card.. On blackberry, there is no known way past or present to get around the password� furthermore, you have the option to encrypt the data on your memory card, which means once its removed from that device, it is rendered useless�
    And this is all before you turn on a cellular/ data network�

So yes, blackberry still rocks the best secure Mobile OS and yes, Droid and Apple are still trying to catch up with Blackberry in this department�.And yes they are closer but we aren't playing horseshoes�.

And btw� the new apple 5s has already been hacked� yes, its a long process to do it and no one will practically do it.. but its possible� and being possible doesn't win you in the department of security
    12-16-13 05:53 PM
    There are some fundamental aspects of the system architecture that are designed from the ground-up to have a focus on being either inherently secure or securable. This is a distinct differentiating aspect of the Blackberry platform, with or without BES.

Tell me when was the last time you heard of someone with a BB10 device that was rooted.

I thought so.

The Security Benefits of the QNX Microkernel

It contains less code (about 150,000 lines)
    This small footprint helps eliminate vulnerabilities by making security verification and testing easier and more robust

It?s designed for resiliency

The Microkernel isolates processes in the user space
    Unresponsive processes are restarted without affecting others, so that applications don?t crash the OS

It minimizes all root processes

Only the most essential BlackBerry processes run as root
    Root processes are not available to non-BlackBerry parties, which makes the OS less vulnerable to security risks

The QNX Microkernel diagram below illustrates how user processes cannot directly access other processes.

Contained and Constrained: Application and Malware Controls

The best way to protect your enterprise from mobile malware is to use an operating system that?s designed to resist it. BlackBerry 10 uses a ?contain and constrain?
    design strategy to mitigate against malware risks.

By sandboxing the user space, BlackBerry 10 can block malicious behavior:

Processes are constrained within the user space and the microkernel carefully supervises inter-process communication.
    Memory accessed by the user space is also authorized by the microkernel.
    Any process that attempts to address unauthorized memory is automatically restarted or shut down.

And in the next diagram, you?ll see just a few examples of the security mechanisms that are integrated into the BlackBerry 10 operating system to protect against attacks and arbitrary code execution.

Protection MechanismDescription
    Non-executable stack and heapStack and heap areas of memory cannot execute machine code, protecting against buffer overflows
    Stack cookiesBuffer overflow protection to prevent arbitrary code execution
    Robust heap implementationsA form of protection against heap area of memory corruption that can lead to arbitrary code execution

Address space layout randomization(ASLR) Random allocation of a process? address space makes arbitrary code execution more difficult
    Compiler-level source fortificationCompiler option replaces insecure code constructs where possible

Guard pagesA form of protection against heap buffer overflow and arbitrary code execution

http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...rity-Works.pdf

http://m.techradar.com/news/phone-an...issues-1103381

http://m.networkworld.com/news/2012/...hone-881271%2F

When your brand new phone gets hacked 5 ways within the first 72 hours on the lockscreen then gets the TouchID hacked in the first week you have big issues.

http://threatpost.com/ios-7-plagued-...ss-flaw/102375

http://m.cnet.com/news/touch-id-hack...legit/57604255

Other phones security is a joke. Look how easy it is to root/jailbreak their phones. I saw another article Bla1ze posted at one point detailing the laundry list of Apple security issues. I wish I had it available.

Android is the malware king and if you look how open the Google Play store is you will see why. There is next to no screening/vetting of apps.

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/0...ndroid/#!o8UBt

Apple product must be neutered to be allowed for use on Us Department of Defense networks.

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/05/2...vernment-work/

There is a reason BlackBerry still maintains a gold standard when it comes to security bes or no bes. Android apps are sandboxed and never given access to the RTOS kernel.

Sadly hardly anyone cares. They freely buy Nexus phones to be data mined by Goggle just so they can generate more ad revenue. It's sad but whatever if you want your credit info susceptible go ahead.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...rd-data-stolen

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/...s-infographic/

I can't be bothered to post the rest. It's not even debatable. If you can't listen to facts, proof and sources then I can't help you. Making blanket statements saying BB10 is only as secure as iPhone and Android devices is laughable at best. Please provide me some evidence to back up those claims.

12-16-13 05:54 PM
58 123