I don't have a title idea but if in brackets we can indicate "only serious response please" or something of the sort. I'm afraid "clowns" by nature are immature and may not head the request but at least we can put it out there so people are aware.

Posted via CB10
    Duly noted. Thanks.
    I'm emailing with him. Will put this in the suggestion list.
    Stay tuned

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 08:04 AM
    Super cool.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 08:21 AM
    I'm thinking of a title but have questions that may help determine a proper title. So, it sounds like we're not just focusing on Z30 devices but we are answering general OS upgrading questions. Am I on the right track. What other things would this new thread be addressing? This serve as a intro to the thread so everyone clearly understands what the purpose of the thread is and let's non serious people know this is a friendly thread for people who want to understand their OS better.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-06-15 09:17 AM
    I'm thinking of a title but have questions that may help determine a proper title. So, it sounds like we're not just focusing on Z30 devices but we are answering general OS upgrading questions. Am I on the right track. What other things would this new thread be addressing? This serve as a intro to the thread so everyone clearly understands what the purpose of the thread is and let's non serious people know this is a friendly thread for people who want to understand their OS better.

Posted via CB10
    It seems like Ben has found a pretty good title, but we won't know till this evening (hopefully). About focus. Originally was going to be all devices not just Z30. But it seems it will just be the Z30 to start & then maybe, no more than a few days later, the Classic will be added. They have the same radio & core OS so it's a natural fit. We shall see.

I think the thread will be addressing questions about updating & upgrading, but also general questions about the OS, performance, tips & tricks, and insights like the ones above.

I will pass along your thoughts here. Hopefully soon he will get a chance to check in on this thread too. He's a busy guy.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 09:39 AM
    Understood. I figure that I'd share some thoughts of my own. Thanks to both you and Ben for your efforts.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-06-15 10:19 AM
    Sorry haven't checked CB the last few hours my bad.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas.
    I am planning on starting the new thread tonight.

Within the next 6 hours.

Any ideas write them down these sound awesome.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-06-15 12:08 PM
    Understood. I figure that I'd share some thoughts of my own. Thanks to both you and Ben for your efforts.

Posted via CB10
    Most welcome. It's fun & it feels good to be involved & trying to help. Ben is the real brains, heart & soul here, I'm sort of just an aide de camp. Heh...

So, I just thought I'd share a little of my thinking around getting the title right. This is something that's been in discussion, & it comes from, well, I have closely studied a great deal of the threads on Crackberry, & the relationship between the title & the general tone of the thread, & the types of characters that are attracted thereto.. What I've discovered is that there is a strong correlation between a technical, specific sounding title, & the type & tone of response it generates. A good case in point is the aborted forum that Ben tried to get going. It quickly devolved into a short & brutal nightmare. It was called "Custom HYBRID Autoloaders." And who jumped into it? Everyone who knew better, everyone who knew they were smarter, or had an important opposing viewpoint to air, or had 'more expertise.' It brought in strong opinions, arguments, obfuscation, the works..
    Why did that happen? Well, put simply: The title jumped out at them, & they jumped in.
    For comparison, look at the title of this calm little enclave of a thread. It's 181 posts along, and there has not been any significant outbreak of trollism, know-it-allism, mean spirited argument, or superiority complex. It's just... Gentlefolk, interested, calm & intelligent people, such as yourself, interacting with, and learning from, each other.
    So, just to be clear: "Can I upgrade Z30 OS to latest 10.3?" doesn't look like a very meaty meal, to the wolves who dispense 'wisdom'. It just looks like a boring old patch of clover. So I propose, & have proposed, that we use a title very much like this one... Complete with a question mark on the end.
    And then we all walk quietly down the hall, past the principal's office, aaaand the detention room, and get together in that quiet classroom near the end of the hall, to which no one ever pays any attention ...

Sorry, lots of metaphor mixing. I'm an artist not a writer. Hope you get the idea.
    Let me know what you think. Feedback rules.
    Regards,
    Eric
    01-06-15 01:15 PM
    Yes.

Short answer to a long proposal

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-06-15 02:53 PM
    ... I was waiting to find out what was in that class room. It sounded intriguing. Lol That's a good observation. I'm going to sit in this relaxing room and ponder what you've said.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-06-15 04:57 PM
    Okay so finally OUR new thread is live!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le.../#post11234685

Show it some love and get it started...
    Going to sleep soon so I may not respond for a while its almost 1 AM my time.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-06-15 05:10 PM
    ... I was waiting to find out what was in that class room. It sounded intriguing. Lol That's a good observation. I'm going to sit in this relaxing room and ponder what you've said.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't make that up. Actually that's how my D&D crew avoided the bagheads & bullies in high school
    01-06-15 05:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Heh. Great answer! You're one of us for sure
    01-06-15 05:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:28 AM

Posted via CB10

Come on over to the new thread when you get a chance. It's starting to pop just a bit

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:07 AM
    I just got my z30 yesterday and upgraded to 10.3.1.1949. Can anyone say how their battery life has been compared to other leaks, and is this better or worse than 1154? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:28 PM
    I just got my z30 yesterday and upgraded to 10.3.1.1949. Can anyone say how their battery life has been compared to other leaks, and is this better or worse than 1154? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    I'm just starting out with 1949 myself. Upgraded 4 hours ago. So too early to tell. What I'm hearing is it's superior even to 1154, which is saying a lot, as 1154 was incredible. Come on over to the new thread linked below where there are some more precise comments about 1949 battery life, & where we are discussing all of this stuff

Regards,
    Eric

Posted via CB10
    Georgefly97 likes this.
    01-07-15 11:04 PM
    I'm just starting out with 1949 myself. Upgraded 4 hours ago. So too early to tell. What I'm hearing is it's superior even to 1154, which is saying a lot, as 1154 was incredible. Come on over to the new thread linked below where there are some more precise comments about 1949 battery life, & where we are discussing all of this stuff

Regards,
    Eric

Posted via CB10
    Cool. Thanks for the link!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:13 AM
    I finally upgraded using the auto loader and procedures in this thread and it went great. Loving the new OS and I'm glad I didn't wait for the fabled February release.
    Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-11-15 03:31 PM
    I finally upgraded using the auto loader and procedures in this thread and it went great. Loving the new OS and I'm glad I didn't wait for the fabled February release.
    Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    No problem enjoy it

Also come over to our new thread if you want.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-11-15 03:46 PM
    ITS DONE!!!
    HYBRID AUTOLOADER FOR Z30.
    10.3.1.1949 OS AND 10.3.1.939 RADIO:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!QhwzVaoR!B_M9QZ...am3vRG4CbRekcI

ENJOY
    hello Benbrown322
    My z30 is still on this hybrid. Is there any significant benefits to upgrading further?. i have no issues at present . Sorry for being too lazy to go through all the latest info on various threads
    03-02-15 03:05 AM
    hello Benbrown322
    My z30 is still on this hybrid. Is there any significant benefits to upgrading further?. i have no issues at present . Sorry for being too lazy to go through all the latest info on various threads
    Hopefully, someone can actually do a comparison of the two OS's. The newst has been officially released by BB for many carriers so you'd hope that most bugs/issues were fixed. But as you may have read, there appear to still be some issues, at least, for some users.

If your current configuration is working, you might want to stick with it for the time being. When your carrier releases it you can move to it. Or if you turn off Automatic Updates (Settings, Software Updates, option to auto load or not), you can still control things.
    03-02-15 08:40 AM
196 ... 678