https://www.parts4repair.com/complet...rry-z30-black/

https://www.parts4repair.com/complet...rry-z30-black/

My Z30 took a fall today and its display is broken now. No light coming out from display and no touch input is accepted. So now I have to change the display and when i checked online for it, I ended up in these 2 links which I am posting here. I really would like to know what is the difference between both the links. In-order to try finding out the difference I watched 4-5 tear down videos, but couldn't identify it yet. I am also planning to change the complete housing since I lost my power button in the fall and also phone has so many scratches all the place. For that I have found another place.

New Replacement Mid Chassis Front LCD Bezel Frame Battery for Blackberry Z30 | eBay

So now my questions are, whats the difference between first 2 links and which one from the first 2 links should I buy, when I am buying the product from 3rd Link.

Hoping a quick and detailed response !!

Also, if any other suggestions you have are also welcome !!
    04-25-16 03:35 PM
    But both says complete LCD. Only difference as per written is front bezel. Which I clearly what i dint understand.

Posted via CB10
    The screen/display is glued to the bezel, which is also called the display frame.
    To remove a display from the frame has inherit risks, as is attaching the new one.
    It is much easier to spend the extra and get the display frame assembly, as replacing it consist of the screws and one plug.

One thing you must find out on your end and from the parts supplier......
    There are two types of Z30 devices as far as the main parts:
    1. The Z30 STA100-3 Verizon model
    2. All other Z30 STA100 models

The large parts for all other models than a STA100-3 are the same.
    The STA100-3 has different frames, main board, and rear cover.
    The battery and small parts are all the same for both types.

As such, you will need to make sure the display frame you get is for your device.
    How to tell:
    • As your device is non-responsive, use the visual ID method.
    • STA100-3 has 8 screws holding the device together
    • All other STA100 models have 10 screws

Make sure to find out from the supplier which type they are selling.
    One is just the screen and the other is the screen and digitizer assembly attached. It would be less work and headache to use the screen with the digitizer assembly as it may have been damaged when dropped.

Here's another link to purchase replacement parts if needed.

BlackBerry Z30 Replacement Parts - ETrade Supply
    04-25-16 04:35 PM
    One is just the screen and the other is the screen and digitizer assembly attached. It would be less work and headache to use the screen with the digitizer assembly as it may have been damaged when dropped.

Here's another link to purchase replacement parts if needed.

BlackBerry Z30 Replacement Parts - ETrade Supply
    But both says complete LCD. Only difference as per written is front bezel. Which I clearly what i dint understand.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    The screen/display is glued to the bezel, which is also called the display frame.
    To remove a display from the frame has inherit risks, as is attaching the new one.
    It is much easier to spend the extra and get the display frame assembly, as replacing it consist of the screws and one plug.

As such, you will need to make sure the display frame you get is for your device.
    How to tell:

04-25-16 05:10 PM

How to tell:

Thanks a ton for detailed help. Its clear now. And thanks for helping me to identify my Z30. Its STA100.

And they are selling STA100 version.

So if I purchase the second link which comes with attached bezel, and if I buy the other parts of housing from ebay, my 3rd link, I will be having 2 bezels in my hand right ? Or is it any different bezel?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 03:13 AM
    Thanks a ton for detailed help. Its clear now. And thanks for helping me to identify my Z30. Its STA100.

And they are selling STA100 version.

So if I purchase the second link which comes with attached bezel, and if I buy the other parts of housing from ebay, my 3rd link, I will be having 2 bezels in my hand right ? Or is it any different bezel?

Posted via CB10
    Just to clarify, there are 6 different models of the Z30:
    • STA100-3 is the Verizon model and it has different large parts.
    • STA100-1, -2, -4, -5, -6 are the other models and they all have the same large parts.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-850736/

If you get the display frame assembly at the second link and the mid frame assembly at the third link, you will have almost everything.
    I do see the imaged mid frame assembly doesn't have the rear facing camera already installed. They are commonly sold without the camera.
    That can be swapped over from your current device. Start reading at the below link, see:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11922172
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 04-26-16 at 06:54 AM.
    04-26-16 04:47 AM
    Just to clarify, there are 6 different models of the Z30:
    • STA100-3 is the Verizon model and it has different large parts.
    • STA100-1, -2, -4, -5, -6 are the other models and they all have the same large parts.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z30-f401/z30-models-supported-frequencies-850736/

If you get the display frame assembly at the second link and the mid frame assembly at the third link, you will have almost everything.
    I do see the imaged mid frame assembly doesn't have the rear facing camera already installed. They are commonly sold without the camera.
    That can be swapped over from your current device. Start reading at the below link, see:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11922172
    Thanks. So I may purchase 2nd and 3rd link items. Sometimes another same one in 3rd link but without battery. And as you said, anything I cannot have from these purchase like camera lens, I can take it from my phone. Will check the read u shared after sometime and will try to grab more idea. Will jump back here, when I have any doubts more...
    I really appreciate your quick and detailed help.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    04-26-16 05:39 AM
    Replacing the screen is incredibly easy; the housing is easy enough - about the only tricky part is removing the front-facing camera from the old housing. The metal shield will lift off with a small amount of effort, but then actually getting the camera to come out is more difficult. You essentially have to carefully bend the sides away from the metal socket and then gently lift the camera out.

Here's another vote for buying from etradesupply; no issues whatsoever with multiple items I've bought from them including the parts you are looking for.

Richard
    04-26-16 09:08 AM