Seriously, I have no idea what is going on with my BB Z30.
    I've had a Z10 for 1,5 years and never had issues like this, I also know how the BB OS is supposed to work, so I'm not a complete newbie but the last few days have been really confusing.

I just got my Z30 a few days ago from Amazon and since it was shipped with 10.2.xxx BB Link prompted me to update the phone and I did. It's now on 10.3.1.2582 and I'm experiencing all the known bugs like excessive vibration after answering a call, wifi signal problems and a laggy OS experience in general meaning a lot of apps take forever to respond.

That's all ok, I know other ppl have the same problems too so I wanted to do a factory reset and update the phone directly, not via BB Link, since BlackBerry told me this might solve the issues. (I know it probably won't but it's a place to start since they won't do anything until I'm on the OS my carrier (Three Austria) supports.)

So I tried to do a Back-Up and after a lot of fail attempts it finally worked.
    I looked over the phone one more time and was utterly confused when ALL my CONTACTS were gone BUT ONLY if I accessed them via the little "place call" button on the left bottom of the screen. If I click on contacts there, everything is emtpy and it's asking me to save contacts. Also my call log is completely wiped.
    HOWEVER if I access my contcts via the little icon called "contacts" they are all listed and appear to be complete.
    I attached a photo.

Can I get some help with my Z30?-bildschirmfoto-2015-04-29-um-14.51.31.png
    Can I get some help with my Z30?-bildschirmfoto-2015-04-29-um-14.51.40.png

PLUS
    So I was going to do the reset to factory setting via BB Link and had to detect that my saved back-ups while shoving up in the computers (MacBook Air Early 2015 on 10.10.2) folder, BlackBerry Link does NOT show them as accessible back-ups if I try to select one.
    I have no option to select the saved back-up so I'm currently not sure if I want to go through with the reset as I don't want to lose the ability to play in the currenty back-up from today.
    Or is this normal, since the back-up was created today and if I would wipe my phone and put it back to factory settings on 10.2. I would be able to access the back-up from today and get back my apps and settings.

Also; I might get an update from 10.2. to a different 10.3.xxx while doing the updating directly from the phone and not through BB Link will I be able to access the back-up of today anyway?
    Like is it possible to load a 10.3.1.1784 back up to a different 10.3.1.xxx without actually forcing the same OS version but only transer the phones content?

I hope I was able to give a details description as english is not my first language. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me and I'll try and answer them as explicitly as possible!
    Last edited by ZizzyLizzy; 04-29-15 at 08:37 AM.
    04-29-15 08:11 AM
    Forget BB Link for a while. You can do all what you need without BB Link (except backups). BB Link is in my eyes just another big source of problems.

You should start with a Security Wipe on your device. The device alone can do this. Takes half an hour. But after this it should run like new including all OS updates you installed. After this you can reinstall your apps, restore your contacts and calendar events and reconfigure your accounts.

For long term backups I use Ultimate Backup Pro and store the data on the external SD card. This makes me independent from BB Link. I run all the updates over the air, not using BB Link anymore.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    04-29-15 08:32 AM
    Your English is great, better than many, mine included and English is my primary. If you can take a bit more time, I would recommend locating sachesi and using that as another backup application. Link at best is touch and go. I also noticed your on a Mac, my knowledge is less than good for this link application. Sachesi has a version for both PC and Mac I hear great things for both and I actually use it more than link on my pc.

PS. I agree with your apprehension regarding wiping before confirming.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    ZizzyLizzy likes this.
    04-29-15 08:33 AM
    Addition: On one of my two devices I lost all my contacts during the last update. This was not related to BB Link, it was the update himself. I also had to restore them from a backup.
    04-29-15 08:34 AM
    I believe in the Leak OS Subforum is a Sachesi thread where all of the various OS's are listed and which numbers and/or carrier codes it requires. So you can probably find the version that BB thinks your carrier supports.

But as suggested by the others, you might try a good cleanup first. I've use Sachesi to backup and restore and it generally works.

At this point, I don't know about your Contacts. But if you have a gmail or yahoo or outlook.COM account, one of those might be able to sync your contacts to a cloud email account and you could later restore them.

Overall good luck.

And I wish I could speak or write in a second language half as well as you are doing in English.
    04-29-15 01:47 PM
    When in doubt, security wipe. Then restore from a backup or an SD card. Security wipe is the ultimate solution.

From a Classic
    04-29-15 07:27 PM
    Guys, thank you for all the answers! I really appreciate all the effort ppl show in this forum. It's a great community!

I switched the device off and on again and by some miracle the contacts returned.
    The WiFi issue got better but I still lose the signal quite often, the confusing things is that all the other WiFi networks around show up in the list, only my saved network disappears and then reappears a few minutes later... At first I was suspecting it might be related to our router but my laptops signal is fine even when I lose it on the phone...

I reordered a phone from Amazon and I will try to start it off as a clean, new device with only importing the contacts. I will manually download all the apps and sync back only a few pictures. Fingers crossed. If not, I'll try updating with a leak.

Oh and thx for the compliments regarding my english.
    05-01-15 07:21 AM
    You got your screen working again?
    05-01-15 07:29 AM
    You got your screen working again?
    What do you mean?
    I didn't have any issues with the screen just the contacts and BB Link
    05-01-15 07:35 AM
    What do you mean?
    I didn't have any issues with the screen just the contacts and BB Link
    Sorry, I was thinking it was you in a different thread with a black screen issue. D'oh, more Dew needed!
    05-01-15 08:04 AM
    Sorry, I was thinking it was you in a different thread with a black screen issue. D'oh, more Dew needed!
    no worries, I thought as much
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-01-15 08:24 AM