I have a blackberry z30, getting lots of email. I only want email notifications (sounds) for contacts that are in my address book. This should be a single / global rule, I don't want to have to manually add all my contacts as custom notification rules; I am aware that we can add custom notifications, but I'm not going to keep that in sync with all my contacts. Just a single "is email sender in address book? YES: notify, NO: no notification" rule.

Is this possible, even if it's only through the use of a third party app?
    06-01-15 09:31 AM
    I don't think that this is possible. Anyone with better knowledge of the OS 10 has a solution?

Posted via Z30
    06-06-15 05:30 PM
    The only way to do this I think is to turn off notifications in your NORMAL profile, then go back and do custom notifications for everyone in your contact list.

A lot of work if you have a lot of contacts? Good luck.

BlackBerry... Now and Forever.
    06-06-15 06:37 PM
    The only way to do this I think is to turn off notifications in your NORMAL profile, then go back and do custom notifications for everyone in your contact list.

A lot of work if you have a lot of contacts? Good luck.

BlackBerry... Now and Forever.
    This or create a brand new email and only give it to those contacts and turn off the notification or do a silent ring tone for the old email acct.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 11:33 PM
    ^^^^^ spam will always come through...

Posted via Z30
    06-06-15 11:40 PM
    I keep putting this off, but I'm hoping that such a service will have a filter table: if the address is in this table, it goes to my phone. Otherwise I would need to surf to my account to see all my emails.
    06-07-15 07:27 PM
    I keep putting this off, but I'm hoping that such a service will have a filter table: if the address is in this table, it goes to my phone. Otherwise I would need to surf to my account to see all my emails.
    We use to have it on BB with BIS. You could set up filters for specific people. Filter IN or OUT and do some other things. I really miss that when I'm on vacation. I could screen and only get emails from friends and family. Solicitations, promotions from companies or others did not arrive at my phone. I could log on when I wanted to, to see the rest of my JUNK email.
    06-08-15 12:11 AM
    Yes, the good old BES days. I am hoping to try out premium Y-Mail. Some of their literature talks about filtering. If, and only if, an address is in such a filter table will the mail be pushed to your phone.
    06-08-15 04:51 PM