Unfortunately last night, i spilled water over my z30. I didn't think much of it cause it wasn't much water, but I woke up to my dead z30 this morning. I tried doing a hard reset (both volume buttons) and still nothing. Tried connecting it to blackberry link, and it wont connect. Although, when I have the charger in, the notification led pops up, followed by the blackberry logo, followed by the charging symbol with the exclamation point (signifying a charge). This has been going on for a few hours now...same cycle. Tried different chargers...not the problem either.

1. Are there water sensors I can look at without voiding my warranty by going into the battery compartment?
    2. It looks like the screen didn't get much water damage, can't tell for sure, but would this mean a simple battery swap could fix the problem?

Thanks in advance
    11-01-14 04:15 PM
    Take the back off the phone and put the whole dang thing in a bag of rice for a few days!
    Don't try to start it up or plug it in or anything. If it got wet, it needs to dry!
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    11-01-14 09:41 PM
    There should be an obviously viewable water sensor when you take the back off.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 04:14 AM
    Don't put it in rice. Get a small thing of damp rid from walmart or a hardwear store or you can get "calcium water hardness increaser" from a pool supply store (both are calcium chloride which is a MUCH stronger and faster dessicant than rice)

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:04 AM
    Show some sunlight to your phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 10:19 AM
    Don't put it in rice. Get a small thing of damp rid from walmart or a hardwear store or you can get "calcium water hardness increaser" from a pool supply store (both are calcium chloride which is a MUCH stronger and faster dessicant than rice)

Posted via CB10
    If u can't get these use the rice give it about 24 hrs before powering up

Z30 Beast on Roids..
    11-02-14 10:26 AM
    I will also add this, if water somehow got into the display panel, you are permanently screwed. OLED displays are heavily damaged by relatively small amounts of water.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 10:47 AM
    My phone finally decided to turn on. Then while in mid use it displayed the "phone shutting off in 3,2,1 and it just shut off. I wasn't holding down the power button either, I also tried to hit cancel but it wouldn't let me. After that it wouldn't turn on again. Came back to my phone a few hours later and it was on again...hoping this just sounds like a faulty battery? The screen looks fine and nothing else is going wrong with the device.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:06 AM