hi
    i've owned a z30 for the past 8 months and i've never had an issue with until yesterday, when I make a call, no one can hear me, but I can hear myself on the speaker, its like the mic is is giving feedback straight to the speaker, if I use the headset mic, then I can be heard just fine, the mic on the phone works, since I can record videos with very nice audio quality, also the voice control works, the bbve test passesd the mic tests, it seems that the mic failsat the time of a call,how can I correct this? i've read some threads bout this and I cant find a solution yet. any help will be much appreciated.
    Regards
    05-12-15 12:50 AM
    Did you try rebooting the phone by holding down both volume keys?
    05-12-15 02:37 AM
    yes, it didn't work :/
    05-12-15 08:38 AM
    Download Blackberry Virtual Expert (it may be included in newer versions of the OS). It contains a series of tests.

Since the device is only 8 months old, get to the bottom of the issue if you can or get warranty help on it. Good luck.
    05-12-15 09:00 AM
    I had exactly this problem with my old Z30. On speaker phone the Z30 worked perfectly. The problem for me ended up being water damage to the mic which is located at the bottom of the screen in the center. I used to take my Z30 in the sauna with me and drops of water ran into the mic. I took the phone a part and cleaned the mic but it only worked for a short while. Ended up replacing the screen myself and that fixed it.

This was my problem, not sure if any liquids have contaminated your mic or not. Just trying to give you some ideas. The virtual tester did not diagnose this problem.

Cheers,

Ben
    05-12-15 09:11 AM
    ok, before I order a new screen, did you have the same issues as me? like getting direct feedback from the mic to the speaker, it is like I'm hearing my own amplified echo, this happens even when I plug the headset.
    Regards
    05-12-15 09:19 PM
    I had exactly this problem with my old Z30. On speaker phone the Z30 worked perfectly. The problem for me ended up being water damage to the mic which is located at the bottom of the screen in the center. I used to take my Z30 in the sauna with me and drops of water ran into the mic. I took the phone a part and cleaned the mic but it only worked for a short while. Ended up replacing the screen myself and that fixed it.

This was my problem, not sure if any liquids have contaminated your mic or not. Just trying to give you some ideas. The virtual tester did not diagnose this problem.

Cheers,

Ben
    Funny you mention this because my friend is having problems with his Z30 mic. I asked if he got water on it and he said no, but he does leave it on the bathroom counter when he showers... So I guess humidity and condensation can ruin the mic?
    05-13-15 02:23 AM
    There is rubber flap that covers the mic to protect it from dirt and such. It is quite a delicate process to lift this flap and clean the surrounding area. The end result was replacing the screen as noted before. There are also two contact pressure points that connect the mic to the mother board, this could get corroded but its unlikely. Other than what has been suggested a new screen would be the solution to this problem. They are pretty cheap these days thank goodness.

Good luck OP and (Boilerkim) and please report back your findings.

Ben
    05-13-15 10:47 AM
    Hey if its just 8 months you can give it for Repair under warranty... you can get it fixed... just that you will have to manage without your device for a few days!

Posted via my  z30/2744
    05-27-15 10:57 AM