Hi everyone!
    I'm having a problem with my BB Z30 phone, bought recently in mint condition. When calling someone, looks like I am not being heard at all, still I can hear the one I called. Since testing the mic with BBVE shows no issues and the voice recording works fine, I assume it is not a hardware problem and the microphone works as supposed. Soft, hard reset and reinstalling the OS were some things that were not helping. I do not accidentally mute the conversation during calls and I did not inflict physical damage to the device as well.

I know the question has been posted many times around the BB forums, still no answer but to get it to a service center has come out. Hoping someone else faced the same issue and got it solved by any software tricks, I would appreciate any help regarding this matter for getting it solved.

Running 10.3.3.2137 OS version, model STA-100-2.

Thank you in advance for any support!
    05-18-20 11:21 AM
    Hi everyone!
    I'm having a problem with my BB Z30 phone, bought recently in mint condition. When calling someone, looks like I am not being heard at all, still I can hear the one I called. Since testing the mic with BBVE shows no issues and the voice recording works fine, I assume it is not a hardware problem and the microphone works as supposed. Soft, hard reset and reinstalling the OS were some things that were not helping. I do not accidentally mute the conversation during calls and I did not inflict physical damage to the device as well.

I know the question has been posted many times around the BB forums, still no answer but to get it to a service center has come out. Hoping someone else faced the same issue and got it solved by any software tricks, I would appreciate any help regarding this matter for getting it solved.

Running 10.3.3.2137 OS version, model STA-100-2.

Thank you in advance for any support!
    There is nothing further to try of you have already done a clean install of the OS.

The mute toggle is the only user control available for this.
    Last edited by conite; 05-18-20 at 12:11 PM.
    05-18-20 11:55 AM
    If my memory serves me correct, the microphone test on BBVE only tests the speaker phone mic. Voice recording uses the speaker phone mic as well. I remember thinking what a stupid omission it was. Leave a voice-mail for someone using the handset mic and then ask them if they heard anything. I have had to do a microphone transplant on a Z30 Before. It wasn't too hard at all, but I had an extra working mic from another Z30. You can also just order a new display assembly because a mic comes as part of it. It's up to you.
    mh1983 likes this.
    05-18-20 05:45 PM
    Check this out

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1042707

Posted via CB10
    Jake2826 likes this.
    05-25-20 12:00 AM