Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I see threads about notification volumes and fixes/discussions, is there anything that helps the earpiece/speakerphone volume?
    I end up using my Note 4 most of the time, mostly due to the call volume on my Z30. I've seen others post that theirs is too low also, and I've had 2 Z30's, all the way from 10.1-10.3.2 so I don't think it has anything to do with a software 'bug', but maybe software could increase the output.
    Unless I'm in a super quiet place, I have so much trouble hearing the caller, I'm always saying 'what?', 'say again?' . Even in the car I have trouble hearing the navigation clearly unless I roll up the windows and shut the fan off in the car so it's as quiet as possible.
    Any tweaks or fixes for this?
    ''
    08-20-15 01:09 PM
    I see threads about notification volumes and fixes/discussions, is there anything that helps the earpiece/speakerphone volume?
    I end up using my Note 4 most of the time, mostly due to the call volume on my Z30. I've seen others post that theirs is too low also, and I've had 2 Z30's, all the way from 10.1-10.3.2 so I don't think it has anything to do with a software 'bug', but maybe software could increase the output.
    Unless I'm in a super quiet place, I have so much trouble hearing the caller, I'm always saying 'what?', 'say again?' . Even in the car I have trouble hearing the navigation clearly unless I roll up the windows and shut the fan off in the car so it's as quiet as possible.
    Any tweaks or fixes for this?
    ''
    Is it better on the SPEAKER phone? Obviously, that is not a good idea where you want to keep the call private.
    08-20-15 02:17 PM
    Speaker is quiet for a speakerphone, not nearly as loud as other phones I have/had. No one else has found a fix? do the rest of you Z30 owners just live with it then?
    08-20-15 09:48 PM
    I don't have the same problems that you're experiencing. I find the speakers on the Z30 to be quite loud. Much better than my previous phone, the LG G2.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 08:29 AM
    Ah so it's not all of us then. I've seen several other posts about this, and both mine were quiet so I assumed it was hardware and all were too low.
    When I'm on the phone, I keep pressing the volume up hoping it will go louder
    08-21-15 11:25 AM
    Is override profile volume in notification settings enabled?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 11:39 AM
    I'll check, but wouldn't that lower the notification volume rather than the volume of the persons voice while on a call?
    08-21-15 11:45 AM
    i see these, when on a call I do have the volume slider maxed
    Attached Thumbnails Call and speaker phone volume-img_20150821_094811.jpg   Call and speaker phone volume-img_20150821_094900.jpg  
    08-21-15 11:57 AM
    Did a google search, looks like LOTS of ppl have complained about this, here is a paragraph from a review, then a link to the google search.

Call quality

BlackBerry Z30 Review
    The voices come in with decent quality in the earpiece of the BlackBerry Z30, but its maximum volume is comparatively low, so you might have trouble hearing the caller in noisy environments.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Z30+...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    08-21-15 01:04 PM
    This seemed to get a little better for me after a few weeks of use and multiple reboots. I keep the treble boost on and overall it's fine now. I think the volume thanks to the special antenna may be a little louder or softer depending on reception.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 08:25 PM
    Did a google search, looks like LOTS of ppl have complained about this, here is a paragraph from a review, then a link to the google search.

Call quality

BlackBerry Z30 Review
    The voices come in with decent quality in the earpiece of the BlackBerry Z30, but its maximum volume is comparatively low, so you might have trouble hearing the caller in noisy environments.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Z30+...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    This seemed to get a little better for me after a few weeks of use and multiple reboots. I keep the treble boost on and overall it's fine now. I think the volume thanks to the special antenna may be a little louder or softer depending on reception.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on WindMobile in Canada and it's notorious for having bad reception and call quality.
    I do usually run my phone calls at max or near-max volume, but I never find myself struggling to hear the person on the other end (unless it's a cell reception issue).
    08-21-15 09:49 PM
    I agree the call volume for the speaker phone is horrible. We need to be productive so we need volume everyone.

Why is the speakerphone even lower in 10.3 than 10.2 knowing it's an issue??

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 368020
    Last edited by baspeed; 08-22-15 at 03:06 PM.
    08-22-15 08:04 AM
    Apparently there's no consistency with the volume issue in there are a mix of experiences with earpiece and speakerphone volume, suggesting that what works for one may not work for others.

Like the OP and others, my earpiece volume is lower at max than any other BB phone I've owned in the last 10yrs, although I don't have a problem hearing a caller, even in noisy environs. On the other hand, my speakerphone from day one is louder and of much higher fidelity than any phone I've heard to date, such that I constantly receive comments from others that are impressed with it. It's crazy loud, and I've seen comments from other Z30 owners on this forum and others posting the same experience.

When new at release, my earpiece volume was more than loud enough,although less than previous phones, but after the first update, it became lower and hasn't changed since, suggesting a software issue, not hardware.

Even more puzzling is there are random instances that my earpiece volume has been too loud and I've actually had to turn it down, and I'm talking about instances in rather loud environments. These are rare, but they do occur.

I'm curious if there is any commonality among phones with low earpiece and speakerphone volumes and are they different compared to phones with low earpiece volumes but crazy loud speakerphone volumes.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:31 PM
    Would be great if there was a hack or patch,
    I'm on verizon, here is my model and os

Mine is quiet on both, I remember ppl saying how great even music sounded over their speakers and thinking, what? It's so quiet....
    Call and speaker phone volume-img_20150822_103724_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:40 PM
    My specs are exactly the same as yours and we both have relatively low earpiece volume, yet I have extremely loud speakerphone volume and yours is low :

Z30

STA100-3

On VZW

No leaks, no wipes, no sideloads, no corrupted or interrupted updates, practice of restarts every couple of days, hard resets every two or three weeks, no bugs or glitches I'm aware of, excellent phone and data reception/signal.

The fact that our devices are identical in specs, leaves either a consistent quality control problem, differing successes/problems with updates or corrupted files. That's leaving out any settings disparities.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 02:44 PM
    True, I agree.
    And I did a 10.3.1 leak, with 2 wipes, then wipe and official 10.3.2.
    And this and my previous z30 when on 10.2 were still low volume
    08-22-15 05:30 PM
    I find the call volume fine on my z30.

I select treble boost in the call settings to improve sound as my hearing is kinda poor....everything sounds muffled at times no matter what phone I use.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 05:58 PM
    I just changed my settings to treble boost as u suggested. I will follow up when I get a call and can test.

I find the call volume fine on my z30.

I select treble boost in the call settings to improve sound as my hearing is kinda poor....everything sounds muffled at times no matter what phone I use.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 01:00 PM
    Cool, I'll be interested to hear if it helped
    08-23-15 01:17 PM