As was already mentioned, you're wrong on both points. It is like you opened up a tech magazine from 2010 and read about the cons of Android before you posted that comment.

Here in 2013, we have Android phones with higher spec components that actually have better battery life than the same phone with lower spec components. See this link for proof of that: 모니터&모바일 - SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 LTE-A(SHV-E330) 배터리 테스트

That website used $10,000 worth of lab equipment to calibrate and test two Samsung Galaxy S4s. One with a Snapdragon 800 and the other with a Snapdragon 600. Everything else was exactly the same including battery capacity, software and screen brightness levels. They are the exact same phone except for the processor. Read the results for yourself if you want, but their independent tests proved that the Snapdragon 800-powered phone has 25% more battery life over the slower phone.

Your other point about Android requiring higher specs just to be barely as smooth as a iPhone or BlackBerry 10 is just simply laughably wrong.

That is a video of the Samsung Nexus S running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Now, let's keep in mind, that phone is 3 years old. It has a 1GHz single core processor and only 512mb of RAM, yet it is running Android 4.3. The best part? That phone will actually run the next version of Android even better than it was running Android 4.3, because Android 4.4 was designed to run on the 3 year old hardware found on phones such as the Nexus s.

How well do you think BlackBerry 10 would run on the Nexus S hardware? Ok, that was a trick question, since as we all know, BB10 requires at least a dual-core processor and 2GB of RAM to even function. A BlackBerry 10 device with the hardware from the Nexus S wouldn't be able to run at all.

Welcome to 2013!
    I have used my Sony xperia z1. The stand by battery is great. But with everything turned on and my apps running the battery life isn't as efficient as my z30. And the sony phone has 3000 mAH with snapdragon 800 and os 4.2.2

Owner of z30, z10, q10, iPhone 4 and 5, sony xperia z1
    11-06-13 06:05 PM
    So, phones launching and not being able to use features found on their OS less than a year later qualifies them as "much more future proofed" for you? You must be much easier to please than I am.

Just think, for an insignificant amount of money, BlackBerry could have equipped all the BlackBerry 10 devices with Miracast capable hardware and a USB OTG port. Then the Z10, Q10 and Q5 wouldn't already be too outdated to run the full BlackBerry 10 OS. After all, those items had existed for a long time before any of those phones came out. Oh well.

I hope BlackBerry is in the hardware business long enough to release another phone just so I can see what features the Z30 misses out on.
    So apparently my iPhone 5 is outdated cause I can't use the finger print scanner avaliable on the 5s and the ios7 os? Sigh the logic behind that is insane.

Taede and Karan Mohal like this.
    11-06-13 06:13 PM
    So apparently my iPhone 5 is outdated cause I can't use the finger print scanner avaliable on the 5s and the ios7 os? Sigh the logic behind that is insane.

See, you'd kinda have a point if it weren't for the fact that the iPhone 5s didn't launch 3 to 6 months after the iPhone 5.

Also, can't forget the fact that the iPhone 5 launched with iOS 6 and the fingerprint scanners wasn't introduced until iOS 7, a major OS update. Not the incremental OS update that brought Miracast and USB OTG host mode.

Z10, Q10 and Q5 all should have had the hardware for miracast and USB OTG. Especially USB OTG considering BlackBerry had already used the part on the PlayBook.

But ah heck, just pretend it is all the samething.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-06-13 06:57 PM
    I have used my Sony xperia z1. The stand by battery is great. But with everything turned on and my apps running the battery life isn't as efficient as my z30. And the sony phone has 3000 mAH with snapdragon 800 and os 4.2.2

You're comparing two completely different phones in a completely uncontrolled environment. It proves nothing about what you said or what I replied with.

You implied that top of the line specs are a waste of battery life and I posted proof that all things equal, the faster CPU isn't necessarily harder on battery life and in some cases actually improve batter efficentcy.

Honestly, a 25% improvement in battery life by using the FASTER processor is rather significant.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-06-13 07:09 PM
    You're comparing two completely different phones in a completely uncontrolled environment. It proves nothing about what you said or what I replied with.

You implied that top of the line specs are a waste of battery life and I posted proof that all things equal, the faster CPU isn't necessarily harder on battery life and in some cases actually improve batter efficentcy.

Honestly, a 25% improvement in battery life by using the FASTER processor is rather significant.
    Because we all use devices in a controlled environment. Lol I'm done feeding the trolls. Block par-tay!

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1791, waiting on VZW Z30
    11-06-13 07:16 PM
    Because we all use devices in a controlled environment. Lol I'm done feeding the trolls. Block par-tay!

Ummkay
    11-06-13 07:22 PM

Without a controlled environment, it's kind of hard to do experiments, or in this case battery benchmarks.
    For scientific work, a controlled environment in which you know as much variables as possible, is needed.

You completely missed the point though:
    Better specs can actually have a positive impact on battery life, no matter if you use the device in a completely controlled environment, or not.

Posted via CB10
    Saiga likes this.
    11-06-13 07:23 PM
    Without a controlled environment, it's kind of hard to do experiments, or in this case battery benchmarks.
    For scientific work, a controlled environment in which you know as much variables as possible, is needed.

Better specs can actually have a positive impact on battery life, no matter if you use the device in a completely controlled environment, or not.

Posted via CB10
    Real world tests are a little more important.

Posted from my Z30
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    11-06-13 07:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    I honestly thought all of that would be self explanatory, but I guess it wasn't... Thanks for explaining it so I didn't have to!
    11-06-13 07:28 PM

It's also an old prejudice that ....
    Welcome to our world ...

@OP: and yes you are nuts, but so am I
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-06-13 07:40 PM
    Bam!!!........
    11-06-13 08:00 PM
    I am not with Verizon. So I am waiting to see what AT&T does with the Z30. The only reason to buy this phone is for BB10 which is still maturing, after that you don't get much in terms of specs. We all saw the spec sheet and know too well the app situation. Blackberry and Apple don’t need the same specs as android. With phones that run android specs are important. The Galaxy note 3 is a good example of specs and all stuff some useful some not so useful that you can add to and open platform. Blackberry and Apple’s phones are optimized and perform equal to in some cases better but that comes with restrictions. There are pros and cons to both.

***Snip***
    Another person who doesn't know what theyre talking about persents their opionion as fact.

The dual core Moto X shuts down your entire argument (Let alone plenty of other phones out there). Please at least be familiar with the subject matter before discussing it.

It's one thing to say "I don't like Android." That's respectable. But to try and put another platform down based on misinformation is pathetic. Every platform has its ups and downs, we should be able to discuss them without using falsehoods to try to prove a point.
    Last edited by bp3dots; 11-06-13 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typo
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-06-13 11:12 PM
    bombastic likes this.
    11-06-13 11:52 PM
    Always the same trolls (if you don't like to be called troll, please replace with sadistic fool) posting on the flagship threads, showing their wing wang and telling ****.
    Of course specs matter, if you got one device with the best specs (for three days until a better one comes out).
    Just like "look at my BMW, it's got PS/HP! you may find your Volkswagen useful on a daily basis, but my BMW is much faster".

May replace BMW with Porsche, hyundai or whatever, point is: it's silly

Swiped with my awesome Z10 keyboard
    11-07-13 01:26 AM
    See, you'd kinda have a point if it weren't for the fact that the iPhone 5s didn't launch 3 to 6 months after the iPhone 5.

Also, can't forget the fact that the iPhone 5 launched with iOS 6 and the fingerprint scanners wasn't introduced until iOS 7, a major OS update. Not the incremental OS update that brought Miracast and USB OTG host mode.

Z10, Q10 and Q5 all should have had the hardware for miracast and USB OTG. Especially USB OTG considering BlackBerry had already used the part on the PlayBook.

But ah heck, just pretend it is all the samething.
    Tell that to all the android phones that get a release every few weeks or month. On blackberry we only have blackberry making our phones. So each phone they release obviously have to have something different and improved unlike the minor upgrades from each android phone until the big one. Tell me when your iPhone has miracast or usb. Just because you don't have it doesn't mean we can't have it on the z30. Not like any company every signed a contract saying they aren't allowed to make a new device with new functions within 6 month. Your point of view really doesn't get us anywhere. If you don't like their stuff stop posting here and go back to what you actually enjoy.

11-07-13 02:02 AM
    +

=
    The score doesn't really make sense at all though...
    Do you have more than only this one?

Posted via CB10
    I hope you can acknowledge the fact that you were wrong and he was right and you made a complete fool of yourself by not doing proper research and trying to be disrespectful to someone who clearly had his facts correct. Again his scores are from GKB2 and not GKB3 and since the z30 does not have a GKB3 app you cant state that the nexus 5 or iphone 5s is better. We have to use what we have and on GKB2 the z30 wins
    11-07-13 02:09 AM
    For the OP. "I Hear Ya!".

For Everyone Else. "Funny Sh,,...".
    11-07-13 02:15 AM
    Right, you must not be paying attention. If you had, you would have realized that the Z10, Q10 and Q5 are already obsolete. How could you consider them "future proofed" when their hardware already prevents them from using all of BlackBerry 10.2's features?

With the Z10, you don't get Miracast or USB OTG and with the Q10 and Q5 you don't get USB OTG. How is that future proofed?

So let's use your logic. The Z10, Q10 and Q5 are less than a year old and they can sorda run the latest version of BlackBerry 10. Guess everyone needs to buy a Z30 since all of the other BlackBerry 10 devices are outdated now. After all, there is a distinct difference between being able to sorda run a OS, and being able to use all of the features found on an OS. Isn't there?
    Oh please cry me a river that argument DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE!
    The Z10, Q10 and Q5 are all future proof to handle the OS!!! Not sorta handle it. My z10 runs 10.2 just as well as the z30
    USB OTG and Miracast are all Hardware/firmware upgrades!
    Doesn't make the rest outdated to handle whatever update BlackBerry throws next. So please stop regurgitating the same argument. What part of an upgrade don't you get? The z30 is an upgrade to the z10 so clearly it has to have some selling points which makes it better. I don't hear anyone complain that after a year Apple adds a fingerprint scanner and calls it a day? The z30 from the z10 is a more worthy upgrade in the same calendar year than the iphone 5s over the 5.. and don't get me started on the 5c. Cut BlackBerry some slack. I don't see the iphone doing miracast or usb otg right out of the box. Also if you realize Blackberry has stated that the z10 is a mid ranged device whilst the z30 is a high end device so your argument about different hardware is baseless. Q10 is flagship qwerty, z30 is Flagship touchscreen. No one ever said the other phones couldn't do USB otg.. i remember Michael stating that the usb port has to provide power, something the z30 with a significantly larger battery is better capable of doing over the z10. Either way you put it. The z30 is an upgrade, hence the upgraded specs! Not having Miracast does not make the z10 outdated... Miracast is still a very young technology, not yet adapted by the majority of players in the mobile industry. You want to take about outdated and not future proof? When apple finally decides to embrace NFC every last one of its previous devices gets F-ed.
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    11-07-13 02:44 AM
    So your Z10 can handle Miracast and USB OTG? Or does your Z10 have old, outdated hardware the prevents you from using those features of 10.2? Lol how can your Z10 handle the OS when it can't even do the two biggest new features added with 10.2?

No matter what you think, if the Z10 had been equipped with current WiFi and USB hardware, it would be able to use all of the features of 10.2, but it wasn't. Even though the required hardware had existed for a long time before the Z10 came out.

I get it, some apologists will never admit it, but that don't change the facts of the matter.

Blackberry10 was supposed to be the same experience on all devices, the only thing that was supposed to differentiate each device was the form factor. TH said it himself while he was still the CEO. BlackBerry controls the hardware and the software, yet their platform is already fragmented after less than a year because of their habbitual use of outdated hardware. 4 devices in less than a year and there is already fragmentation. I call that crazy
    11-07-13 06:08 AM
    You are the one that is trying to find a problem where there is none. Not having the latest hardware does not make something outdated. The Z10 came to market to gain mindshare and to put to test a new OS. BlackBerry 10 experience is not built around or is made any much greater by Miracast where only 1% of persons buying a Z30 will actually use. I highly doubt you yourself own a mircast capable device. YES! my z10 handles BlackBerry 10.2 perfectly. All my necessary day to day features are there. Call me Crazy!
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    11-07-13 06:41 AM
    I hope you can acknowledge the fact that you were wrong and he was right and you made a complete fool of yourself by not doing proper research and trying to be disrespectful to someone who clearly had his facts correct. Again his scores are from GKB2 and not GKB3 and since the z30 does not have a GKB3 app you cant state that the nexus 5 or iphone 5s is better. We have to use what we have and on GKB2 the z30 wins
    Oh yeah, I totally acknowledged that!
    I thought that Playbookster wouldn't lie about the results of current flagships and I had the problem that I couldn't verify the iPhone 5s scores under Geekbench 2, because the one in my direct environment only runs GB 3.

But you apparently got something completely wrong and are making a fool out of yourself right now, because apart from the iPhone 5s (and the GB2 scores still don't make sense, because it's the only phone I encountered that has worse GB2 than GB3 scores and the 5s scores very highly in other benchmarks) PlayBookster got it completely wrong, with everything else.

He used a Nexus 4 and a HTC One from last year, called them current flagships and compared them with the Z30.
    As has been shown, and I am sure that you can find the links, the Nexus 5 and the Sony Z1 both score about 3700 points in GB2 and the Z30 scores about 2400.
    Since the hardware of the Sony and Nexus is the state of the art hardware for current flagships, also employed in the new windows phones with the name Nokia Lumia 929 and 1520, we can conclude that every current flagship will score about the same amount of points.

As you said, we have to use what we have and as I have already shown in another post, we do have GB2 scores for some current flagships.
    There were exactly 2 possibilities:
    1) PlayBookster confused GB2 with GB3 scores.
    2) He lied about the results.

He never had his facts correct, apart for the iPhone 5s scores. Since he repeatedly said that the Z30 is on par with current flagships, you shouldn't defend the undefendable, because it doesn't get any more wrong than that.
    GB2 uses an index, which means that the performance scales linearly with the amount of points you get.
    Double the points translates to twice the performance and the Sony Z1 or the Nexus 5 having about 1.6 times more points than the Z30, means that they have 1.6 times more performance.

As you said in your closing: we must use what we have.
    We have have scores from current flagships, but they completely contradict your and PlayBooksters beliefs.
    We can clearly say that contemporary high-end phones outperform the Z30.
    As I said in another post:
    I apologise for giving PlayBookster the benefit of the doubt, that he wouldn't lie about the score under Geekbench2, for current Android flagships.
    But 3700 points (Nexus 5) is clearly superior to 2400 points (Z30).

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    11-07-13 07:02 AM
    Just got 2560 on my 5S and 2812 on my N5. Both gkb3 obviously.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Impossible! According to all the completely unbiased tech sites, the 5S "crushes" and "blows away" all others....
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    11-07-13 07:07 AM
    . Again his scores are from GKB2 and not GKB3 and since the z30 does not have a GKB3 app you cant state that the nexus 5 or iphone 5s is better. We have to use what we have and on GKB2 the z30 wins
    That's one way to spin it. Another is too say that since GeekBench hasn't bothered to update for BB - it loses.
    Benchmarks are pretty stupid on a phone anyway. My Z10 is lag free with its outdated hardware. I can communicate, play games and watch videos too. My crappy spec'd Android knockoff can do all that as well, just not as fluidly. It's about user experience at the end of the day.
    Karan Mohal and dreamgreed like this.
    11-07-13 07:18 AM
    You are the one that is trying to find a problem where there is none. Not having the latest hardware does not make something outdated. The Z10 came to market to gain mindshare and to put to test a new OS. BlackBerry 10 experience is not built around or is made any much greater by Miracast where only 1% of persons buying a Z30 will actually use. I highly doubt you yourself own a mircast capable device. YES! my z10 handles BlackBerry 10.2 perfectly. All my necessary day to day features are there. Call me Crazy!
    I have two Miracast capable smartphones in my pocket right now. Of course, they both also have USB OTG host mode as well. One of them, my Nexus 4, is actually older than the Z10 is. It will be turning a year old next week. In a couple days, hopefully my Nexus 5 will finally arrive. Then I'll have 3 Miracast and USB OTG capable devices. On top of my phones, my wife also has the LG Nexus 4 and the LG G2, both of which are Miracast and USB OTG capable devices. At home, we have a Miracast capable TV and a Miracast dongle is attactched to my computer monitor so I can use my phones as a desktop PC when needed.

Assume much? The technology isn't exactly new ya know

By definition, the Z10, Q10 and Q5 launched with outdated WiFi (Z10 only here) and USB hardware. That isn't an opinion, it is a FACT! There is no debating it, those phones launched with old hardware in those two categories. That results in them not being able to use Miracast or USB OTG. BlackBerry used the old WiFi hardware and the old USB port instead of the current hardware. The hardware existed, BlackBerry just didn't use it!

If I'm wrong and the Z10 didn't launch with outdated hardware in at least two key areas, then please explain how my Nexus 4 exists? Did it get sent to the past from the future?
    MarsupilamiX and kevinnugent like this.
    11-07-13 07:27 AM
    Impossible! According to all the completely unbiased tech sites, the 5S "crushes" and "blows away" all others....
    GKB3 is a benchmark that definitely utilizes all 4 cores, so I'm not surprised that the N5 does really well there.

But I think as others have been saying, real world experience is what ultimately matters. I used my N5 for one full day without touching the 5S. Then this morning I go back to the 5S and it is just so silky smooth after using the N5. And after a day without it, you really appreciate Apple's attention to small details.

Both are really fast, but still have a very different feel. I could be quite content with Kitkat and the N5 even as my only phone, which is something I would never have said about any previous Android phone I've had. They've come a long way.
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    11-07-13 07:28 AM
148 ... 3456