The same website z30 scored 2009
    Z30 - Geekbench Browser
    nexus 5 scored 4062
    Z30 - Geekbench Browser
    I wonder what does all the scores mean.............In my opinion, no point to compare them since they are running different OS, and BB10 or android or ios are for different needs. Choose whatever you prefer the most, they all done things similarly, just in different ways.
    jafrul, zyad, hazarder and 2 others like this.
    11-06-13 01:34 AM
    Z30 - Geekbench Browser
    nexus 5 scored 4062
    Z30 - Geekbench Browser
    I wonder what does all the scores mean.............In my opinion, no point to compare them since they are running different OS, and BB10 or android or ios are for different needs. Choose whatever you prefer the most, they all done things similarly, just in different ways.
    this +10.2

CB10 need update!
    11-06-13 01:38 AM
    Hahahahahah!
    You're a funny guy man.
    I debunked your asinine claims in another thread already, and you still try to pass out false information?
    Wow, just wow. That's sad man, seriously.

I'll give you the same reply you got in another thread...
    Now to the Benchmark score and your very misleading quote about it being on par with current Android flagships:
    You use Geekbench 2, correct?
    If that is the case, I hope your crow will be tasty.

Just using the Nexus 5, and with some digging on the Primatelabs page I get these results:
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekb...f8=?&q=nexus+5

The control group, to be sure that the impression is correct, will be the Z30.
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekb...h?utf8=?&q=z30

The Nexus 5 gets per average between 3700 and 3900 points.
    The Z30 gets about 2500 points.

So apart from pretty much lying, you also have no idea what you are talking about.
    There wasn't even a need for me to look up these benchmarks, because there is NO COMPETITION between a Snapdragon 800 (Nexus, Note 3, LG G2, Lumia 1520/929 etc) and the MSM8960AB your Z30 uses. And this is just the processor.
    Of course the Adreno 330, the successor of the Adreno 320 GPU, performs better as well.

I know that you thought it was brilliant to benchmark your Z30 but you actually just showed us yet again, how much you actually do not know.
    I also talked about the 720p screen, the ecosystem, the app catalogue and the camera in my other posts.
    All these things are subpar in the Z30 as well, for the price it sells for.

The Geekbench "argument" completely backfired, and this, I find very amusing.
    What entertains me even more, is that you didn't even try to say anything about the display, camera, ecosystem and app catalogue anymore, because we all know that you can't win there anyway.

The facts aren't on your side.
    And today you proved in a very insightful way, how clueless you are.
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    Your a funny guy. Needing better specs just to be barely as smooth as iPhone or blackberry 10 would not be considered a better phone. Not to mention the battery drain due to the high spec components just isn't worth it.

Owner of z30, z10, q10, iPhone 4 and 5, sony xperia z1
    Omahahaha, SDTRMG and bombastic like this.
    11-06-13 01:39 AM
    Z30 - Geekbench Browser
    nexus 5 scored 4062
    Z30 - Geekbench Browser
    And it scores mine 2400. 2000 would be the low end, the ip5s ones are consistently around 2200. Listen, all I was saying in my original post is z30 is a powerful device that does compete with high end phones on other platforms but people turn into complete dinks when people say blackberry phones are actually competitive. What a notion!

Posted from my Z30
    11-06-13 01:41 AM
    Now that's extremely interesting and I found the complete list as well.
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekb...&q=iPhone6%2C2

The iPhone 5s scores higher under Geekbench 3 than it does under number 2, even though other devices like the iPad 4, score higher in the reverse scenario.
    Other devices generally score higher when GB2 is used as well.
    For the iPad4 the score is 1400 under GB3 and 1780 under GB2.
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekb...tf8=?&q=ipad+4
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekb...earch?q=ipad+4

There is something wrong with the numbers under Geekbench 2 and the iPhone 5s.
    You'll get an apology for this device though, as you didn't mistake GB3 and GB2 for the iPhone 5s.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 11-06-13 at 05:59 AM.
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    11-06-13 01:42 AM
    I actually didn't mix up anything. I just never had the nexus 5 score. I was basing it off HTC one, nexus4, moto X and xperia z1. All I've been saying is z30 is actually a competitive device despite not having a quad core processor. Lol

Posted from my Z30
    Uzi, jafrul, Korepab and 1 others like this.
    11-06-13 01:49 AM
    I actually didn't mix up anything. I just never had the nexus 5 score. I was basing it off HTC one, nexus4, moto X and xperia z1. All I've been saying is z30 is actually a competitive device despite not having a quad core processor. Lol

Posted from my Z30
    You said more than once (this thread and others) that the Z30 is on par with other flagships performance wise.
    Using a HTC One with its Snapdragon 600 and with its Adreno 320 GPU as a mean to compare the Z30 with other currently avalaible flagships is just a bad comparison.
    None of the phones you mentioned above is a currently available flagship anymore except for the Sony and the MotoX is a midrange phone, going by the specs.

I never said that the Z30 as a whole is uncompetitive btw, I always said that it is uncompetitive for the price though.
    The Z30 is a midrange device compared to the current flagships.
    When you use a one year old Nexus 4 instead of a Nexus 5 for a comparison, it's clear that the Z30 will not be that bad.
    You used the terminology of "current flagships" and right now just talked about the Sony Xperia Z1, which to your luck actually is a real flagship.
    But it gets 3700 point on Geekbench 2...
    http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-pho...ew-50012187/2/

I wonder how you could say that current flagships have a similar performance as the Z30 has, even though it is clear that this isn't the case.
    There are two possibilities:
    You either flat out lied, or have mistaken GB 2 with GB3.
    I rather thought that I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you insist that you haven't mistaken anything, then you lied.

I'll apologise yet again, for giving you the benefit of the doubt and I'll completely redact my statement of you confusing GB2 with GB3.
    This was completely my fault, as I didn't want to believe that you would try to say 3700 points on GB2 for a Sony Z1 (or for a Nexus 5) are the same as 2400 points for a Z30.

My deepest apologies.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 11-06-13 at 06:02 AM.
    11-06-13 02:07 AM
    Your a funny guy. Needing better specs just to be barely as smooth as iPhone or blackberry 10 would not be considered a better phone. Not to mention the battery drain due to the high spec components just isn't worth it.

Owner of z30, z10, q10, iPhone 4 and 5, sony xperia z1
    I know that I am funny

But you got something wrong...
    The battery life of current Android flagships isn't that bad anymore.
    You can get one day of heavy use out of the LG G2 and the Samsung Note 3 without a problem, sometimes even 2.
    Just look at some battery benchmarks and you will correct that stance.

It's also an old prejudice that Android devices need high-end specs to run smooth. Since project butter and with the soon to come Android 4.4 KitKat, this is pretty much a non-issue.
    Windows Phone now plays the spec race as well btw.
    The new Nokia Lumia 1520 and 929 will use a Snapdragon 800 CPU, an Adreno 330 GPU, a 1080p screen and an incredibly good camera for a phone.
    WP never was a ressource hog though, so the question arises, why are they using high-end specs all of a sudden?

@OP

You certainly are not crazy, as you just bought the device that you prefer.
    It will be a rare choice, but I hope that you enjoy your device!

Posted via CB10
    Saiga likes this.
    11-06-13 02:29 AM
    And it scores mine 2400. 2000 would be the low end, the ip5s ones are consistently around 2200. Listen, all I was saying in my original post is z30 is a powerful device that does compete with high end phones on other platforms but people turn into complete dinks when people say blackberry phones are actually competitive. What a notion!

Posted from my Z30
    Yeah, Z30 is a great phone.
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 02:38 AM
    Yeah, Z30 is a great phone.
    It definitely is the best BlackBerry yet, without any doubt from my side.
    (I am rather interested in its successor though)

Posted via CB10
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 02:49 AM
    It definitely is the best BlackBerry yet, without any doubt from my side.
    (I am rather interested in its successor though)
    Posted via CB10
    Me too, I wish Blackberry could turn around. BB10 is a good OS. I have used all of them. I only found the windows phone wasn't really for me.
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 03:01 AM

Posted from my Z30
    Sjoe!!! Who would of thunk that a Z30 is competitive, hey!!!!!! Damn the brainwashing against BB is good.

BB deserve second spot. Just saying
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 03:04 AM
    Me too, I wish Blackberry could turn around. BB10 is a good OS. I have used all of them. I only found the windows phone wasn't really for me.
    I don't like live tiles. And I don't like WP at all.
    W8 was the reason I bought my first MacBook

I really really hope for BlackBerry to make the turnround.
    For me, BB10 is the best mobile OS out there (even though I miss some features like multi-window/split-screen) and I would like to see it being further developed.

I like my Z10 and really tried to consider the Z30, but for its current price, I can't justify it on a rational basis.
    That's also why I said that I am far more interested in its successor.
    My current tendency is to buy a Note 3 and to swap my Z10 for a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 03:16 AM
    I don't like live tiles. And I don't like WP at all.
    W8 was the reason I bought my first MacBook

I really really hope for BlackBerry to make the turnround.
    For me, BB10 is the best mobile OS out there (even though I miss some features like multi-window/split-screen) and I would like to see it being further developed.

I like my Z10 and really tried to consider the Z30, but for its current price, I can't justify it on a rational basis.
    That's also why I said that I am far more interested in its successor.
    My current tendency is to buy a Note 3 and to swap my Z10 for a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    I am a long time IOS user, got bored, and switch to android for 2 years, and got bored again. Now, I'm on a Q10. I found the browser is a bit weaker (of course, the screen is not ideal for web browsing). other than that, it's all good enough for my use. However, I think they do need to change a few small things in bb10. For example, every time use the dial pad or make a call, the first window running in the background on the homepage will be the phone app (wonder if there is way to disable it). I think it doesn't need to be always on the multitasking page.
    11-06-13 03:39 AM
    I'm sensing anger....
    Do people fight this much over car performances which cost considerably more?
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 03:42 AM
    I'm sensing anger....
    I think people do, but not on the crackberry forum.
    MarsupilamiX and Taede like this.
    11-06-13 03:45 AM
    I am a long time IOS user, got bored, and switch to android for 2 years, and got bored again. Now, I'm on a Q10. I found the browser is a bit weaker (of course, the screen is not ideal for web browsing). other than that, it's all good enough for my use. However, I think they do need to change a few small things in bb10. For example, every time use the dial pad or make a call, the first window running in the background on the homepage will be the phone app (wonder if there is way to disable it). I think it doesn't need to be always on the multitasking page.
    Especially your last point is something annoying and I 100% agree that this shouldn't be needed.

I have a long history with smartphones, from the second Nokia Communicator (and various other Symbian S60) phones, to Windows Mobile, to Android, to BBOS7 and then to BB10.
    I probably had about 25 smartphones until now, but never bought an iPhone and I don't see me buying one in the near future either (that doesn't mean that I don't know exactly what they can do though).

There is a number of reasons why I prefer BB10 in today's marketplace, but the competition is so good, that the Z30 is a tough sell for 600-700$.
    The OP certainly is not crazy, but his choice is very unusual, compared to what 98% of the consumers buy today.

Posted via CB10
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 04:18 AM
    *grab popcorn

CB10 need update!
    Want to share? I have an extra soda.
    MarsupilamiX and Taede like this.
    11-06-13 05:52 AM
    Want to share? I have an extra soda.
    the movie has ended with happy ending

CB10 need update!
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 05:53 AM
    Loco......
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 05:54 AM
    the movie has ended with happy ending

CB10 need update!
    Did they live happily ever after?
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 05:55 AM
    I'm sensing anger....
    Oh, it's exactly the same way with some car enthusiasts I know!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-06-13 06:06 AM
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-06-13 07:04 AM
    You so craaaaaaaaazy!!! Tell your friend that Amazon works on streaming. At least it does on my playbook and he can get prime which has a very nice video selection. It is cheaper than Netflix and you get free shipping on whatever you buy from amazon.com.
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 08:28 AM
    Lol ... WTF did I just read.... not talking about the op, but some people that really think that benchmarks would somehow be objective...
    90% of people believe in somehow weird statistics made by people who want to underline that their opinion is the only right one.
    undone, SDTRMG, Taede and 1 others like this.
    11-06-13 09:51 AM
148 12345 ...