I am not with Verizon. So I am waiting to see what AT&T does with the Z30. The only reason to buy this phone is for BB10 which is still maturing, after that you don't get much in terms of specs. We all saw the spec sheet and know too well the app situation. Blackberry and Apple don�t need the same specs as android. With phones that run android specs are important. The Galaxy note 3 is a good example of specs and all stuff some useful some not so useful that you can add to and open platform. Blackberry and Apple�s phones are optimized and perform equal to in some cases better but that comes with restrictions. There are pros and cons to both.

I don't think it is that hard but BlackBerry seems to not want to make a phone for consumers a phone that everyone wants outright or in secret. In secret I want the NOTE 3, well the cat is out of the bag. It has everything I want except the OS. I like the specs but Android feels old, style and UI. For me, BB10 is the best OS hands down. All phones do the same thing transmit data and no one does that better than Blackberry. If you don�t think so take the Blackberry challenge. Whether sending or receiving data the Q�s and Z�s just get it done. They actually show what true touch should and can be.

I am one of the one who purchased a PlayBook. Recently I looked at tablets with the same ports micro hdmi and usb but nothing came close in price or quality. This by far is the best investment I have made Tablet or Phone. Now we have the Z30 which I will purchase. I never consider looking at anyone but BlackBerry. I looked and wish BlackBerry would talk about the things a blackberry can do and things to come.

ex: A few friends stopped by my place about a week ago. I downloaded about six 1080p movies to my tablet, one I just happen to have on at the time. My TV and tablet were connected via HDMI cable. My guest were all drawn in by the quality of the picture on the TV screen. After a few seconds of them oooing and aaaing, I said my tablet is connected to my TV, it plays 1080p movies so the quality that you speak of is coming from my tablet. Of course they replied " who makes it"?

answer: It�s the Blackberry PlayBook. I reminded them it lacks some of the major apps but they were sold. I got a call recently from one of them that said his kids love it and that it would be the go to device if it had the Netflix app. He was so impressed with the ports and thought the specs were still relevant. We went at it for a while. His point was it does everything well gaming /entertainment, an amazing productive tool, 1080p on an on. We laughed at the fact that previously a non blackberry user telling a blackberry user about their device.

Call me crazy but I purchased shares of Blackberry when they were at $8, I purchased more today and I can�t wait to get my hand on the Z30. All this because I felt after reading the news BlackBerry Believes in the BB10 platform.

Will the Z30 compliment my PlayBook or will it replace it? I will keep you posted.
    11-05-13 09:46 PM
    Crazy

Posted via CB10
    Taede likes this.
    11-05-13 09:47 PM
    Crazy...

Posted via Z10
    Taede likes this.
    11-05-13 10:26 PM
    Crazy

Posted via CB10
    Taede likes this.
    11-05-13 10:47 PM
    craziest

CB10 need update!
    Taede likes this.
    11-05-13 10:55 PM
    Specs lol

Call me CRAZY - I'm Getting a Z30!-img_00000313.png

This phone is so well optimised it scores as high as any android flagship or iphone5s.

Posted from my Z30
    11-05-13 10:58 PM
    Nutz

Posted via CB10
    Taede likes this.
    11-05-13 11:17 PM
    C...C...CrAzY!
    Taede likes this.
    11-05-13 11:18 PM
    Poster child for the loony bin!

Posted via CB10
    Taede likes this.
    11-05-13 11:30 PM
    hy, what is that app you are using? Thanks.

Specs lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000313.png 
Views:	3566 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	217785

This phone is so well optimised it scores as high as any android flagship or iphone5s.

Posted from my Z30
    Taede likes this.
    11-05-13 11:34 PM
    hy, what is that app you are using? Thanks.
    Geekbench, get it from BlackBerry World.

And as for the OP, cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Posted via CB10
    Taede likes this.
    11-05-13 11:36 PM
    Call me CRAZY - I'm Getting a Z30!-mr-t.jpg

Posted via CB10
    southlander and Taede like this.
    11-05-13 11:51 PM
    Geekbench, get it from BlackBerry World.

And as for the OP, cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Posted via CB10
    Eesh, only 1577 from my Q10? Better than a Nexus 4, but is 0.3GHz of processor really that much more impressive, or is it the quad core vid card driving the Z30 up so much?
    Loc22 and Taede like this.
    11-05-13 11:52 PM
    Specs lol

Posted from my Z30
    That's a geek bench 2 score, right? That is not the same scale as geek bench 3 on current iPhone or Android. So how are you comparing it to the 5S?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    MarsupilamiX, richardat and Taede like this.
    11-05-13 11:57 PM
    Specs lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000313.png 
Views:	3566 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	217785

Posted from my Z30
    Hahahahahah!
    You're a funny guy man.
    I debunked your asinine claims in another thread already, and you still try to pass out false information?
    Wow, just wow. That's sad man, seriously.

I'll give you the same reply you got in another thread...
    Now to the Benchmark score and your very misleading quote about it being on par with current Android flagships:
    You use Geekbench 2, correct?
    If that is the case, I hope your crow will be tasty.

Just using the Nexus 5, and with some digging on the Primatelabs page I get these results:
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekb...f8=?&q=nexus+5

The control group, to be sure that the impression is correct, will be the Z30.
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekb...h?utf8=?&q=z30

The Nexus 5 gets per average between 3700 and 3900 points.
    The Z30 gets about 2500 points.

So apart from pretty much lying, you also have no idea what you are talking about.
    There wasn't even a need for me to look up these benchmarks, because there is NO COMPETITION between a Snapdragon 800 (Nexus, Note 3, LG G2, Lumia 1520/929 etc) and the MSM8960AB your Z30 uses. And this is just the processor.
    Of course the Adreno 330, the successor of the Adreno 320 GPU, performs better as well.

I know that you thought it was brilliant to benchmark your Z30 but you actually just showed us yet again, how much you actually do not know.
    I also talked about the 720p screen, the ecosystem, the app catalogue and the camera in my other posts.
    All these things are subpar in the Z30 as well, for the price it sells for.

The Geekbench "argument" completely backfired, and this, I find very amusing.
    What entertains me even more, is that you didn't even try to say anything about the display, camera, ecosystem and app catalogue anymore, because we all know that you can't win there anyway.

The facts aren't on your side.
    And today you proved in a very insightful way, how clueless you are.
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    Saiga, Rickroller, mset and 5 others like this.
    11-06-13 12:00 AM
    OP is wackadoo

Especially buying blackberry shares! Yipes

Posted via CB10
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 12:02 AM
    Hahahahahah!
    You're a funny guy man.
    I debunked your asinine claims in another thread already, and you still try to pass out false information?
    Wow, just wow. That's sad man, seriously.

I'll give you the same reply you got in another thread...
    Now to the Benchmark score and your very misleading quote about it being on par with current Android flagships:
    You use Geekbench 2, correct?
    If that is the case, I hope your crow will be tasty.

Just using the Nexus 5, and with some digging on the Primatelabs page I get these results:
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekb...f8=?&q=nexus+5

The control group, to be sure that the impression is correct, will be the Z30.
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekb...h?utf8=?&q=z30

The Nexus 5 gets per average between 3700 and 3900 points.
    The Z30 gets about 2500 points.

So apart from pretty much lying, you also have no idea what you are talking about.
    There wasn't even a need for me to look up these benchmarks, because there is NO COMPETITION between a Snapdragon 800 (Nexus, Note 3, LG G2, Lumia 1520/929 etc) and the MSM8960AB your Z30 uses. And this is just the processor.
    Of course the Adreno 330, the successor of the Adreno 320 GPU, performs better as well.

I know that you thought it was brilliant to benchmark your Z30 but you actually just showed us yet again, how much you actually do not know.
    I also talked about the 720p screen, the ecosystem, the app catalogue and the camera in my other posts.
    All these things are subpar in the Z30 as well, for the price it sells for.

The Geekbench "argument" completely backfired, and this, I find very amusing.
    What entertains me even more, is that you didn't even try to say anything about the display, camera, ecosystem and app catalogue anymore, because we all know that you can't win there anyway.

The facts aren't on your side.
    And today you proved in a very insightful way, how clueless you are.
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    Can you explain why the benchmark scores are so varied? From 2100 to 3700? It's all over the place. Also I never saw your reply so your attitude really wasn't necessary. I couldn't even get through reading your post, learn how to talk to people with respect.

Posted from my Z30
    11-06-13 12:11 AM
    That's a geek bench 2 score, right? That is not the same scale as geek bench 3 on current iPhone or Android. So how are you comparing it to the 5S?

Completely correct.
    It's just so incredibly amusing when people talk about things even though they lack fundamental basics to even comment on them.

Can you explain why the benchmark scores are so varied? From 2100 to 3700? It's all over the place. Also I never saw your reply so your attitude really wasn't necessary. I couldn't even get through reading your post, learn how to talk to people with respect.

Posted from my Z30
    My attitude scales linearly with the level of false information people are handing out, as long as it is clear that these people should know better

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 12:12 AM
    *grab popcorn

CB10 need update!
    ziquewahid and Taede like this.
    11-06-13 12:14 AM
    Completely correct.
    It's just so incredibly amusing when people talk about things even though they lack fundamental basics to even comment on them.

Posted via CB10
    Obviously its Geekbench 2 scores vs gkb2 scores not gkb3.

Posted from my Z30
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 12:14 AM

Posted from my Z30
    I guess what I'm asking is where did you find a gkb2 score for the 5S? You said the Z30 is as fast as the 5S, but I don't think gkb2 is available for the 5S is it?

This would be an easier comparison if Geekbench updated their BB10 app.

11-06-13 12:24 AM
    Completely correct.

My attitude scales linearly with the level of false information people are handing out, as long as it is clear that these people should know better

Posted via CB10
    No your attitude is not needed, they are just phones dude.Spreading false information? On another site I post at members were posting their scores on all sorts of Android and iPhone devices, my z30 was scoring in the upper range. Also, no one had a nexus 5 score because no one had one yet.

Posted from my Z30
    PygmySurfer likes this.
    11-06-13 12:24 AM

Posted from my Z30
    Then find me some benchmarks of the iPhone 5s, and the LG G2 under Geekbench 2.
    Let's see what you'll find.

No your attitude is not needed, they are just phones dude.Spreading false information? On another site I post at members were posting their scores on all sorts of Android and iPhone devices, my z30 was scoring in the upper range.

Posted from my Z30
    They most likely used Geekbench 3....

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 12:25 AM
    Then find me some benchmarks of the iPhone 5s, and the LG G2 under Geekbench 2.
    Let's see what you'll find.

They most likely used Geekbench 3....

Posted via CB10
    I could tell by the screen shots it's gbk2. I did see one ip5s get 2550 on gbk3

Posted from my Z30
    11-06-13 12:27 AM
    Crazy! And its not your fault, BlackBerry devices make people crazy. I am totally insane!
    Taede likes this.
    11-06-13 12:27 AM
148 123 ...