B and H Photo has partnered with Blackberry to sell phones. One of my favorite places. They do a great job with customer service. Want a great buying experience?
    GO HERE blackberry | B&H Photo Video
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 06-13-15 at 02:51 PM.
    06-11-15 07:48 PM
    B and H Photo has partnered with Blackberry to sell phones. They do a great job with customer service. Want a great buying experience?
    GO HERE blackberry | B&H Photo Video
    BB hasn't partnered with them. Don't spread false rumors
    They only happen to be selling BB products online.
    The only official online carriers for BB devices are shopblackberry and amazon
    06-11-15 07:50 PM
    That was my understanding as well especially if the warranty needs to be utilized for some reason... and what about updates? Haven't looked at the site or their prices, but will likely take a look to see what's there since you posted it.

Edit: That website is doing nothing for me. Taking forever to search for "blackberry"... will give it a shot again later. I'd be interested if they had some devices that shopblackberry no longer sells such as the Z10 or if they have an actually reasonable price on a Q5 or Z30 compared to shopblackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RLTurn77; 06-12-15 at 11:13 AM.
    06-12-15 10:57 AM
    That was my understanding as well especially if the warranty needs to be utilized for some reason... and what about updates? Haven't looked at the site or their prices, but will likely take a look to see what's there since you posted it.

Edit: That website is doing nothing for me. Taking forever to search for "blackberry"... will give it a shot again later. I'd be interested if they had some devices that shopblackberry no longer sells such as the Z10 or if they have an actually reasonable price on a Q5 or Z30 compared to shopblackberry.

Posted via CB10
    I took a look at it yesterday. The z30 said discontinued. The link he posted will never load, so just do a new search at the top. It's still slow, but it will come up. That said, B&H is a reputable vendor. I've purchased from them in the past with no issues. The used to have a B & M store, but IF I recall correctly, that was shut down and they are online only now.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 11:24 AM
    Reputable, yes. Good deals there, not really. Buyer beware.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 04:26 PM
    Why would anyone want to go elsewhere than amazon for their BlackBerry in north America ? It's by far the best customer service, and you get to have BlackBerry tech support directly warranty your phones.
    06-12-15 04:38 PM
    I took a look at it yesterday. The z30 said discontinued. The link he posted will never load, so just do a new search at the top. It's still slow, but it will come up. That said, B&H is a reputable vendor. I've purchased from them in the past with no issues. The used to have a B & M store, but IF I recall correctly, that was shut down and they are online only now.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I'll do a search and take a look at it just because. Couldn't load anything from the link posted.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 06:25 PM
    Why would anyone want to go elsewhere than amazon for their BlackBerry in north America ? It's by far the best customer service, and you get to have BlackBerry tech support directly warranty your phones.
    My initial thoughts although I buy from shopblackberry.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 06:25 PM
    The used to have a B & M store, but IF I recall correctly, that was shut down and they are online only now.
    You're wrong. Their brick and mortar store in NYC is amazing!!! It's huge and is a gadget paradise!

Classic -4 $336.99 black
    Q10 -1 $249 black $179.99 white (sale)
    Passport -1 $544.99 black $549.99 white
    Q5 -3 $129.99 red (sale) $179.99 white
    Z30 -5 $229.99 black and white (sale)
    Leap -2 $275 grey
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    06-12-15 06:43 PM
    wait.. can someone provide further information..

If ShopBB and Amazon is the only Online retail to purchase BB phones, then... BestBuy? Staples? Where do they fall?

I am sick and tired of ShopBB. (2) weeks in and still don't have my refund money back and called their CS (3) times and what do i get in response? Accounting department is reviewing my return claim.

Note:
    Tracking information provide and they rec'ved it with but they failed the 5-7 business day refund and i'm still without a phone, money and a BB phone!

Pissed at ShopBB!!! never again.
    06-12-15 08:24 PM
    wait.. can someone provide further information..

If ShopBB and Amazon is the only Online retail to purchase BB phones, then... BestBuy? Staples? Where do they fall?

I am sick and tired of ShopBB. (2) weeks in and still don't have my refund money back and called their CS (3) times and what do i get in response? Accounting department is reviewing my return claim.

Note:
    Tracking information provide and they rec'ved it with but they failed the 5-7 business day refund and i'm still without a phone, money and a BB phone!

Pissed at ShopBB!!! never again.
    If you paid by credit card, after ShopBB issues the refund, the credit card company holds the funds a bit before releasing it to you. I never understood why, since removing funds is instant, but re-crediting isn't.
    06-12-15 08:32 PM
    If you paid by credit card, after ShopBB issues the refund, the credit card company holds the funds a bit before releasing it to you. I never understood why, since removing funds is instant, but re-crediting isn't.
    I wish it was the case as it isn't even proceed or showing up on my CC as pending. if it is pending, it won't be an issue and i would be happy to move forward... BUT it is getting "Stupid" with ShopBB.

Not to side track this thread.. anyone can explain why other rmajor retail doesn't apply regarding to the warranty BB will honor?

I believe if a retail store sells these BB phone, the first 14-30 days is a full refund, after this timeframe - BB will kick in the 1 year technical support to honor anything to service you as a BB owner.

doesn't matter where you purchase it but am i wrong?
    06-12-15 08:47 PM
    I wish it was the case as it isn't even proceed or showing up on my CC as pending. if it is pending, it won't be an issue and i would be happy to move forward... BUT it is getting "Stupid" with ShopBB.
    The credit card company doesn't list re-credits as pending. It just appears when it's complete.

Search "credit card refund delay". This is the first hit:

Why Do Credit Cards Take So Long to Refund? - Knowledgebase - Pappashop

First, don't expect it to be immediate. Second, once ShopBlackBerry says they've agreed to the refund, it will eventually appear. There's no point in continually calling them over it since their customer reps probably can't tell you anything about it. It's just frustration.

Source: I bought a Z30 and the price dropped. I called them up and asked for a refund of the difference. I got a verbal confirmation and waited on the line until the rep said they've done it. A few weeks later, I got the refund on the credit card. I know it's not the same situation as you, as I was waiting for a difference refund rather than waiting for a full refund so that I could buy another phone. I wasn't anxious over it.

Not to side track this thread.. anyone can explain why other rmajor retail doesn't apply regarding to the warranty BB will honor?

I believe if a retail store sells these BB phone, the first 14-30 days is a full refund, after this timeframe - BB will kick in the 1 year technical support to honor anything to service you as a BB owner.

doesn't matter where you purchase it but am i wrong?
    That sounds right. I think one thing people don't consider is that BlackBerry warranty means replacement or repair, at their discretion. Some people expect replacement for the whole year.
    06-13-15 03:23 AM
    Because the only supply of STA100-5 Z30s left on amazon are being sold by resellers. And they are shipping garbage. My last two have been the wrong model (Verizon) and a refurbished one that wouldn't turn on out of the box.

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2204
    06-13-15 09:13 AM
    The credit card company doesn't list re-credits as pending. It just appears when it's complete.

Search "credit card refund delay". This is the first hit:

Why Do Credit Cards Take So Long to Refund? - Knowledgebase - Pappashop

First, don't expect it to be immediate. Second, once ShopBlackBerry says they've agreed to the refund, it will eventually appear. There's no point in continually calling them over it since their customer reps probably can't tell you anything about it. It's just frustration.

Source: I bought a Z30 and the price dropped. I called them up and asked for a refund of the difference. I got a verbal confirmation and waited on the line until the rep said they've done it. A few weeks later, I got the refund on the credit card. I know it's not the same situation as you, as I was waiting for a difference refund rather than waiting for a full refund so that I could buy another phone. I wasn't anxious over it.
    this is interesting. I have worked in the retail + physically refund customer online purchase before and it really only takes couple of steps like what is listed.

Steps:
    1. Customer return product back
    2. Receiving department or whoever process the returns inspect product to make final judge on product acceptance.
    3. Issue refund by going into the customer profile (order number) in their online system (Magento seem to be a popular e-com software) and submit refund amount from account (retail account) to the Credit Card company.
    4. this process takes 3-7 business days but this should be posted on the customer account due to a new transition is requested (just like making a purchase).
    5. And Finally, funds are completed.

It isn't that difficult as it sounds and this is how the process works with banks, e-comm, and local retail stores. It doesn't take a whole team to complete a transaction as it is the same when you purchase an iteam on locally, E-comnm, or online payment system.

My next result will be to file a charge back to my cc due to a product is refund.

Note;
    As much I went with ShopBB, I want to give them the support initially... guess i fall within the group of PISSED OFF and NEVER deal with ShopBB again. This isn't anything BB fault, but ShopBB is on my crap list no matter what the deal they have. NEVER AGAIN.
    06-13-15 11:45 AM
    BlackBerry has in fact partnered with B&H. The Classic "where to buy" page clearly lists them as a US retailer.

http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones...assic/buy.html

BlackBerry hasn't updated their links for other devices. But, that doesn't make the OP's post a false rumor.

B&H is an official retailer. Call BlackBerry if you want to confirm for yourself.

[CB10 / Q10]
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    06-13-15 01:42 PM
    BlackBerry has in fact partnered with B&H. The Classic "where to buy" page clearly lists them as a US retailer.

Buy the BlackBerry Classic - Find Carriers, Retailers, Unlocked phones, Get Pricing - US

BlackBerry hasn't updated their links for other devices. But, that doesn't make the OP's post a false rumor.

B&H is an official retailer. Call BlackBerry if you want to confirm for yourself.

[CB10 / Q10]
    I was waiting for someone else to confirm that for me. Along time ago BH was announced as an official source. This was some of the work BB was doing to setup distribution. Tech Data and others were also added to the list. B and H is accessible to everyone though and is a FAR cry from individual reselling on Amazon and Digital Rivers screw ups.
    modifier likes this.
    06-13-15 02:49 PM

Buy the BlackBerry Classic - Find Carriers, Retailers, Unlocked phones, Get Pricing - US

[CB10 / Q10]
    Retailer does not equal official distributor
    There are many online stores that legally sell apple products, but they are not the official distributor
    06-13-15 04:51 PM
    Note;
    As much I went with ShopBB, I want to give them the support initially... guess i fall within the group of PISSED OFF and NEVER deal with ShopBB again. This isn't anything BB fault, but ShopBB is on my crap list no matter what the deal they have. NEVER AGAIN.
    The sad part is that Digital River runs online sales for many companies. I've bought stuff recently from two different companies, very different industries, and discovered that both had Digital River logins, like with ShopBlackBerry.

So far, I haven't had any issues. Shipping wasn't the fastest, but I expected that of them from what I've read here and elsewhere. I haven't had to return anything.
    06-13-15 07:33 PM
    Retailer does not equal official distributor
    There are many online stores that legally sell apple products, but they are not the official distributor
    This is what you said above:
    ...and that statement is patently false. B&H is absolutely an official online carrier of BlackBerry products. Who cares whether or not they're a distributor? (And, I believe they are, btw.)

BlackBerry recognizes them as an official dealer of their products and that's all that matters when it comes to warranty coverage.

Again, call BlackBerry if you're in doubt.

[CB10 / Q10]
    06-13-15 11:00 PM
    This is what you said above:

...and that statement is patently false. B&H is absolutely an official online carrier of BlackBerry products. Who cares whether or not they're a distributor? (And, I believe they are, btw.)

BlackBerry recognizes them as an official dealer of their products and that's all that matters when it comes to warranty coverage.

Again, call BlackBerry if you're in doubt.

[CB10 / Q10]
    Little confused.. why does a official distributor vs a retail that will carrier BB phones (which i'm sure they obtain this from the distributor one way or the other) has to do anything with warranty coverage?

Warranty coverage will kick in for 1 year if the product you purchase is new.
    06-14-15 12:02 AM
    Little confused.. why does a official distributor vs a retail that will carrier BB phones (which i'm sure they obtain this from the distributor one way or the other) has to do anything with warranty coverage?

Warranty coverage will kick in for 1 year if the product you purchase is new.
    Of course, as long as it's purchased through an official channel. I only brought up warranty because masterscarhead1 is making an issue out of retailer vs. distributor when it doesn't matter. Devices for the NA market sold through B&H carry the same warranty as the same devices sold through ShopBB or Amazon.

[CB10 / Q10]
    06-14-15 12:15 AM
    So I see BestBuy has Z30 on their website now. Has it always been there or BestBuy just recently put it up?
    06-14-15 01:00 AM
    You're wrong. Their brick and mortar store in NYC is amazing!!! It's huge and is a gadget paradise!

Classic -4 $336.99 black
    Q10 -1 $249 black $179.99 white (sale)
    Passport -1 $544.99 black $549.99 white
    Q5 -3 $129.99 red (sale) $179.99 white
    Z30 -5 $229.99 black and white (sale)
    Leap -2 $275 grey
    Good to know. A few years back they had a huge liquidation sale, said they were closing shop. *iF* I recall properly. I guess they found a way to stay open.

Edit: maybe it wasn't them. I couldn't find mention of it on the Web, but I have a vivid memory of going to their site and almost everything being sold out.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 06-14-15 at 03:44 AM.
    06-14-15 03:33 AM
    There is a little nit picking going on here. In general, consumers cant even buy from Distributors. Focus on the retail sources.
    06-15-15 10:11 AM