Probably also need to send a strong message to Chen (maybe Michaluk needs to do this) regarding the asinine behavior at Shop.Blackberry - when people read these anecdotes it should come as no surprise that BBRY is digging themselves an ever deepening hole from which they may not emerge.

The moral of the story is people need to stop using Digital River even if that means not using ShopBlackBerry.com

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    03-22-14 09:46 AM
    Will this unit work on the rogers network in canada?
    03-22-14 10:12 AM
    You know I actually got really excited that I got my wish and BlackBerry started selling the Z30 unlocked themselves. I was waiting for that to happen and wanted to upgrade my Z10.
    But MAN what a disappointment I feel...actually really mad about this company I rooted for at any given time , defended them with claws and teeth...

I don't care who decided to offer the -5 for using in AT&T network, and nobody there can be that inept and stupid not know that model's capabilities.
    I am mad because because they think I am the inept and stupid one not know the truth, and just trying to get rid of the crap that didn't sell.
    How dare you!!! BlackBerry, you REALLY pi$$ed me off now! And not just me...
    That move is beyond ridiculous, and I am sorry about all the people that will buy it to run on AT&T and get no LTE, but should and don't know why. That is BORDERING on false advertising, although it isn't.
    I know it doesn't promise LTE anywhere in the ad, but people EXPECT that nowadays.
    This is a flagship phone and GOT TO have LTE network!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:29 AM
    The moral of the story is people need to stop using Digital River even if that means not using ShopBlackBerry.com

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    This!!!! I'm not buying anything that's associated with Digital River.
    03-22-14 12:43 PM
    Will this unit work on the rogers network in canada?
    Yes. It's the exact model Rogers sells.

I know it doesn't promise LTE anywhere in the ad, but people EXPECT that nowadays.
    Actually, it kinda does. As I pointed out in this thread, the press release is worded to read as LTE on TMO and AT&T. Plus there's no fine print saying things like "AT&T LTE wherever available on band 4 or band 5 networks." Hell, it doesn't even say "LTE not available everywhere," which would technically be on the carrier, but a good CYA in this era.
    03-22-14 01:22 PM
    300 is my magic number, then I won't be able to resist picking up a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 02:12 PM
    So if the Z30 comes and I cannot refuse the package, I will have to once again turn to eBay and try to break even.

Maybe I can make a profit and charge $575 for it new, unopened, and with my autograph in a separate envelope, since you know, I'm the Kevin Kevin Kevin beat box guy.

(100% joking )

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 TMO US
    03-22-14 02:38 PM
    What brasses me off is the $499 equates to �302 sterling, yet of course as per usual in rip off Britain BB UK have decided to retail it at �499 sterling which equates to $823 US ..... grrrrr

I "may" have been tempted to upgrade my Z10 at �300 but for �500 they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine

BlackBerry EU Online Store - BlackBerry Z30
    03-22-14 02:51 PM
    Anyone who's purchased directly from BlackBerry before knows it isn't BlackBerry but the third party to do business with who oversees their direct sales.

It happened with the playbooks, their accessories deal, and of course now this. It's a joke.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 03:36 PM
    I'm gonna keep my Z30 when it gets here and give it a go, especially since the rumors are increasing that the STA100-1 may not ever see the light of day, but also because other members here who have the STA100-5 and only get 4G are saying that it's still pretty quick. They can call it whatever they want -- 4G, HSPA+, LTE, or ham and split pea soup; as long as wireless browsing is at least as good as on the Z10, I'll be happy.

That being said -- I am deeply disappointed in BlackBerry. Not for me, but for other members here who will not be satisfied with this purchase, and even more so for other less-informed BB loyalists who may have jumped on this offer thinking they're going to get something they may not -- particularly at&t users who have been waiting for the Z30 to come available (assuming there even are such users out there that are not part of this community). Fantastic move to start selling these things unlocked direct from BB, without question (although they absolutely need to find a better online partner than Digital River). But doing so by kicking it off with such misleading advertising, at a time when BB needs to change this image of consumer marketing incompetence, is not a good way to go about turning around a business that's hurting like BBRY is. I know this company has made blunders in the past. But I'm kinda shocked that it's still making them like this now. Shocked, saddened, confused, and even more concerned about its future if this is the best it can do.

I've been a very vocal proponent of Chen all along. But if he's serious about bringing this company back to relevance, heads need to roll for this fiasco.

/end_rant.
    gritsinct likes this.
    03-22-14 04:09 PM
    I just went and cancelled my order of the Z30 yesterday through shopblackberry. Got an email saying that it was cancelled (hopefully) and now I wait and see if I will be charged or if it will be cancelled. If it is charged hopefully I can dispute it through my credit card company.

Never going to buy directly from BlackBerry again.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 06:06 PM
    I just went and cancelled my order of the Z30 yesterday through shopblackberry. Got an email saying that it was cancelled (hopefully) and now I wait and see if I will be charged or if it will be cancelled. If it is charged hopefully I can dispute it through my credit card company.

Never going to buy directly from BlackBerry again.
    For the benefit of others and if you haven't already, can you share how you managed to cancel your order?
    raw_dog likes this.
    03-22-14 06:12 PM
    What brasses me off is the $499 equates to �302 sterling, yet of course as per usual in rip off Britain BB UK have decided to retail it at �499 sterling which equates to $823 US ..... grrrrr

I "may" have been tempted to upgrade my Z10 at �300 but for �500 they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine

BlackBerry EU Online Store - BlackBerry Z30
    Isn't this because the U.K. has VAT included in the price? In the U.S., you get quoted a price and then the sales tax gets added on after, which varies from nothing to 10%+ depending on the State you're in. However, for mail order/online sales, the sales tax isn't automatically collected by the merchant if the merchant doesn't have a presence in the State. It's up to the purchaser to report and pay the sales tax during income tax time.
    03-22-14 06:29 PM
    For the benefit of others and if you haven't already, can you share how you managed to cancel your order?
    I submitted a request to cancel my order from here https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=zcTJjFkH
    03-22-14 09:54 PM
    I submitted a request to cancel my order from here https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=FiWeeBlE
    Many (including myself) have tried this and gotten a response indicating that the order cannot be canceled because "Your order was processed for shipment immediately upon completion", whatever that means.

The whole message:
    Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We have received your request to cancel shipment of your order;
    unfortunately we were unable to do so. Your order was processed for
    shipment immediately upon completion, and no changes were able to be
    made.

You will be receiving a shipping notification once the order has been
    shipped. If you do not wish to receive the shipment and you would like a
    refund, you may refuse delivery.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience.
    03-22-14 10:46 PM
    Many (including myself) have tried this and gotten a response indicating that the order cannot be canceled because "Your order was processed for shipment immediately upon completion", whatever that means.

The whole message:
    This was the email I got
    "Thank you for your order from BlackBerry US on March 19, 2014. We have not yet received payment during the past 3 days and your order has been canceled.

If you have already sent payment, please disregard this notice as your order will be processed when your payment is received. If you have not yet sent payment, your order will not be processed. If you still want to complete your purchase you must place a new order."

I told them a bull**** reason why I wanted to cancel my order
    03-23-14 12:24 AM
    This was the email I got
    "Thank you for your order from BlackBerry US on March 19, 2014. We have not yet received payment during the past 3 days and your order has been canceled.

If you have already sent payment, please disregard this notice as your order will be processed when your payment is received. If you have not yet sent payment, your order will not be processed. If you still want to complete your purchase you must place a new order."

I told them a bull**** reason why I wanted to cancel my order
    Update: I just got another messaged from BlackBerry. Saying that it will not be cancelled, because BlackBerry does not allow cancellations, and I have to refuse delivery.
    03-23-14 02:41 AM
    Yes. It's the exact model Rogers sells.

Actually, it kinda does. As I pointed out in this thread, the press release is worded to read as LTE on TMO and AT&T. Plus there's no fine print saying things like "AT&T LTE wherever available on band 4 or band 5 networks." Hell, it doesn't even say "LTE not available everywhere," which would technically be on the carrier, but a good CYA in this era.
    OK, good. Then I'm gonna go all out now and call that phone offer a blatant lie!
    And therefore it is false advertising!

A person that buys this phone to use it on AT&T LTE was NOT warned, but fooled and mislead to believe it will work on LTE in their area. If it turns out it doesn't, then the person got lied to by BlackBerry.
    And they ripped the person out of $500.
    That is illegal..

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 08:35 AM
    Sounds like BlackBerry 's workforce still have too much fat.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    03-23-14 08:59 AM
    Update: I just got another messaged from BlackBerry. Saying that it will not be cancelled, because BlackBerry does not allow cancellations, and I have to refuse delivery.
    Someone posted earlier saying that refusing delivery doesn't guarantee an order cancellation. It's in their policy.

A person that buys this phone to use it on AT&T LTE was NOT warned, but fooled and mislead to believe it will work on LTE in their area. If it turns out it doesn't, then the person got lied to by BlackBerry.
    And they ripped the person out of $500.
    That is illegal..
    Exactly. In absence of LTE "fine print" in the press release and the model# being posted right away on SBB, the reasonable conclusion would have been a STA100-1.
    03-23-14 10:32 AM
    I have been watching this thread from the beginning and I have to say I support BlackBerry on this one. You guys are bitxxxching because the -5 isn't fully compatible with AT&T LTE but if u took the time to search and research your 500.00 purchase you would. Already know that. This forum is littered with info and posts that state exactly that fact.

Forum readers pleaded for a way to get a z30 in the US without involving Verizon and BlackBerry gave it to you.

Forum readers wanted to get it at a lower price and BlackBerry gave it to you.

Now u complain that it isn't completely compatible with every at&t LTE network when at&t didn't pick up the phone.

Grow up. Either buy the phone if you want it, or shut the F up and stop complaining. Life is choices, make yours and quit whining. I am on at&t in the US. I want BlackBerry to survive and make a comeback. I will be buying this -5 phone.

-Matt
    ealvnv likes this.
    03-23-14 10:33 AM
    I have been watching this thread from the beginning and I have to say I support BlackBerry on this one. You guys are bitxxxching because the -5 isn't fully compatible with AT&T LTE but if u took the time to search and research your 500.00 purchase you would. Already know that. This forum is littered with info and posts that state exactly that fact.

Forum readers pleaded for a way to get a z30 in the US without involving Verizon and BlackBerry gave it to you.

Forum readers wanted to get it at a lower price and BlackBerry gave it to you.

Now u complain that it isn't completely compatible with every at&t LTE network when at&t didn't pick up the phone.

Grow up. Either buy the phone if you want it, or shut the F up and stop complaining. Life is choices, make yours and quit whining. I am on at&t in the US. I want BlackBerry to survive and make a comeback. I will be buying this -5 phone.

-Matt
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...buyers-916325/
    03-23-14 10:38 AM
    Raino you have been up to speed on the whole LTE band thing for a while. You know what works and what may or may not work. BlackBerry doesn't know every LTE band in every market. Some may and some may not get LTE on AT&T. That hasn't changed since u posted the band chart in what october?
    Last edited by stonephoto2011; 03-23-14 at 10:43 AM. Reason: misspellings
    03-23-14 10:42 AM
    Raino

Do you mind helping me in figuring out what LTE I am on in my area? I am sure it was asked but I cannot find it. Very disappointed in BlackBerry and digital rivers knowledge (or lack thereof). Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 10:50 AM
    Raino

Do you mind helping me in figuring out what LTE I am on in my area?
    Absolutely. Two questions:

1. Do you have a STL100-3 Z10?
    2. Have you used escreens before?
    03-23-14 10:56 AM
345 ... 56789 ...