Placed my order yesterday, March 19. Got the same message: back order, 2 hours after. They took my money. How long do I have to wait? On shopBlackBerry site, today March 21 at 12.19 AM, the Z30 is still listed as in "in stock".
    03-20-14 11:16 PM
    I had been looking for this too! Thanks should go to yhamaie who found this. Weird yours said 19 though. That's not a US band at all. I was hoping the calculator wouldn't have been necessary, but I guess I was wrong.
    I found it weird as well. When I checked online, I couldn't find band 19 under any country but Japan. Oh well, the calculator was easy enough to use, and only took a few more seconds.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    03-21-14 04:30 AM
    Placed my order yesterday, March 19. Got the same message: back order, 2 hours after. They took my money. How long do I have to wait? On shopBlackBerry site, today March 21 at 12.19 AM, the Z30 is still listed as in "in stock".
    Who knows? That's the shady part. Apparently, they're in stock, but they're taking their time fulfilling orders. I'll be giving this shipping company a call later this morning to see what the deal is.
    03-21-14 04:44 AM
    Who knows? That's the shady part. Apparently, they're in stock, but they're taking their time fulfilling orders. I'll be giving this shipping company a call later this morning to see what the deal is.
    Let us know what you hear. I almost bought one right away. All of this is making me glad I didn't.

This is just ridiculous, BlackBerry needs all the supporters it can get and then it screws thousands of loyal customers who just want to buy their products.
    03-21-14 08:09 AM
    Called again this morning and was told my order's on backorder. No idea when they'll get any in to ship. A very frustrating experience, indeed.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 09:42 AM
    I agree. I am simply stunned that they had the kojones to sell the -5 to the US market and play people for dumb that they most likely won't have LTE on AT&T.
    I think this is just a desperate move to get rid of overstock.
    There should have NEVER been offered a Z30 other than the -1 model.
    Almost seems that the Z30 is more of a sales flop than the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    03-21-14 09:45 AM
    Yeah, I think I will stick with my z10 for now. It is such bad business practice! Such a shame.
    03-21-14 10:34 AM
    I agree. I am simply stunned that they had the kojones to sell the -5 to the US market and play people for dumb that they most likely won't have LTE on AT&T.
    I think this is just a desperate move to get rid of overstock.
    There should have NEVER been offered a Z30 other than the -1 model.
    Almost seems that the Z30 is more of a sales flop than the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I think I will stick with my z10 for now. It is such bad business practice! Such a shame.
    AT&T users (including me): FFFFFFF
    T-Mobile users who get LTE: Yessss

So,while we are pretty upset, it shouldn't really bother T-Mobile users that much.
    03-21-14 10:40 AM
    Even if I was to buy a -5 model for T-Mobile LTE compatibility, this looser company still runs stone age GPRS in my area, whereas every other carrier has LTE.
    And Verizon is completely absent here.
    So much for their "largest coverage " BS.

So, no Z30 for me ever...

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 10:55 AM
    I followed up with a call and an email. Both were dead ends.

The Z30 is on back order and I'm just a sitting duck...waiting for it to arrive.
    03-21-14 11:50 AM

The Z30 is on back order and I'm just a sitting duck...waiting for it to arrive.
    Same with me!

"We have your money and we'll ship you your phone sometime in the future" pretty much sums it all up

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 11:59 AM

Same with me!

"We have your money and we'll ship you your phone sometime in the future" pretty much sums it all up

Posted via CB10
    Remember, your credit card companies offer charge-back. If you really want to stick it to BB, you can always call your CC and tell them they are holding your $ ransom (if in fact they took the money, and not put a simple hold on funds) and you can reverse the charge and just let BB deal with it. It would also send them a strong signal, as well as credit card companies. I like BB as much as you all do, but if nobody tells them they are screwing with their customers, they might as well suffer and learn.
    SK122387 likes this.
    03-21-14 12:07 PM
    I spoke with a customer service representative and they told me that they were getting a shipment of Z30's today around noon and that I should look for an email update today.

Posted via CB10
    FlashFlare11 and SK122387 like this.
    03-21-14 12:14 PM
    I spoke with a customer service representative and they told me that they were getting a shipment of Z30's today around noon and that I should look for an email update today.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you're right! I was told something similar yesterday but the majority of CS reps seem to have no idea when they get shipments. But, like I said, I'm hopeful!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:06 PM
    Remember, your credit card companies offer charge-back. If you really want to stick it to BB, you can always call your CC and tell them they are holding your $ ransom (if in fact they took the money, and not put a simple hold on funds) and you can reverse the charge and just let BB deal with it. It would also send them a strong signal, as well as credit card companies. I like BB as much as you all do, but if nobody tells them they are screwing with their customers, they might as well suffer and learn.
    I wish that Kevin or someone on the team would ask the leadership team why over half the cellular subscribers in the US can't get the Z30, and why they deceived us when they finally did put it up for sale.

I am hoping that the backorder issue is due to an overwhelming amount of orders being placed right away.
    03-21-14 01:23 PM
    I wish that Kevin or someone on the team would ask the leadership team why over half the cellular subscribers in the US can't get the Z30, and why they deceived us when they finally did put it up for sale.

I am hoping that the backorder issue is due to an overwhelming amount of orders being placed right away.
    Yes, Kevin should inquire about that for all of us. They would listen to him, not to us.

And the backorder issue is most likely due to have not expected to sell more than 5 units or so anyways. Make it six, and it is overwhelming for BlackBerry...LOL

Posted via CB10
    iToya likes this.
    03-21-14 02:39 PM
    Yes, Kevin should inquire about that for all of us. They would listen to him, not to us.

And the backorder issue is most likely due to have not expected to sell more than 5 units or so anyways. Make it six, and it is overwhelming for BlackBerry...LOL

Posted via CB10
    I definitely got a good chuckle out of this.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 03:14 PM
    They authorized my card, but won't charge it until the device ships. Did they actually charge your card?
    03-21-14 04:45 PM
    I will be calling customer service at least once a day (most probably twice a day) until they ship. They need to know that this is unacceptable (marking an item as in-stock only to notify customers otherwise after committing to purchase).

UPDATE: Called again at 6 PM EDT and was told to disregard the back order email and that the devices are scheduled to ship by the end of Monday, 24 March.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    03-21-14 04:56 PM
    I just got off the phone with Digital River's customer support. They still wouldn't cancel my order cause they say Blackberry has no cancellation policy. I asked to speak with a supervisor and she reinforced that. I told them it made no sense to ship a product to me that I would send back for a refund but they say that is their policy. They've charged me for a product that that is out of stock and on backorder and they still won't cancel it?!? That's unacceptable to me. For those that actually want one of these models, the supervisor did claim that they were suppose to get more stock in today but she made sure I knew that that wasn't a guarantee. Anyway, I've been with Blackberry for 8 years and I'm done. I'm out $500+ until they decide to ship a product that we'll get sent right back to them. This is beyond shady and I don't forget or forgive **** like this.
    03-21-14 05:07 PM
    I will be calling customer service at least once a day (most probably twice a day) until they ship. They need to know that this is unacceptable (marking an item as in-stock only to notify customers otherwise after committing to purchase).

UPDATE: Called again at 6 PM EDT and was told to disregard the back order email and that the devices are scheduled to ship by the end of Monday, 24 March.

Posted via CB10
    No one works the weekend? Lol, I want my darn phone.

Posted via CB10
    FlashFlare11 and SK122387 like this.
    03-21-14 05:44 PM
    No one works the weekend? Lol, I want my darn phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, 5 days for processing and shipping an item is excessive. I ordered an Otterbox for the Z30 the same day and it shipped that evening. The only good thing is that at least the protective accessories I ordered should already be here by the time the phone gets to me. I wouldn't want to use it without a case/screen protector!

Anyway, let's just hope that this time, it actually goes according to their words. So far it seems that we've all gotten different information that's proven to be inaccurate.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    I just called, 7:45pm here in California, and was given this same information.

I was told that Digital River DOES have stock and that we all received the backordered emails in error. In short, Michael Clewley seems to be right.

So, get to ordering!
    03-21-14 09:46 PM
    WARNING to those hoping to refuse delivery for a full refund:

Digital (****) River's Terms of Sale specifically stated that they have the right to remain entitled to payment if you refuse package.

So...you might just wind up paying and not getting anything until you finally accept it.

My parents got me a Z30 for a surprise graduation gift and I told them that I didn't really want it-- save the money for when my desktop goes kaput.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 TMO US
    raino likes this.
    03-21-14 10:14 PM
    WARNING to those hoping to refuse delivery for a full refund:

Digital (****) River's Terms of Sale specifically stated that they have the right to remain entitled to payment if you refuse package.

So...you might just wind up paying and not getting anything until you finally accept it.

My parents got me a Z30 for a surprise graduation gift and I told them that I didn't really want it-- save the money for when my desktop goes kaput.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 TMO US
    The moral of the story is people need to stop using Digital River even if that means not using ShopBlackBerry.com

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    raino likes this.
    03-22-14 07:56 AM
345 ... 45678 ...