Pricing seems a bit too steep, considering my carrier sold it to me for 400USD, off contract! Bit it's still reasonable and decent.

The Q10 is the one that should get a discount, IMO.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-20-14 01:04 PM
    Anybody know how to find out what LTE band at&t uses in specific cities?
    You still have that Z10, right? If so, check out the LTE link in my sig.

There's also ways of finding out through your iPhones--Field Test is what it's called.
    PapiPabs likes this.
    03-20-14 01:29 PM

There's also ways of finding out through your iPhones--Field Test is what it's called.
    Thanks for trying to help, but I can't find any information anywhere on how to use escreen to get that information, and I now have one whopping headache trying to sort through exactly what the **** they're talking about in there.

I guess I'll find out for sure when the Z30 gets here and I have a LTE up tp or not.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 03-20-14 at 08:19 PM.
    03-20-14 04:07 PM
    Anyone get a confirmation of their order processing for shipment other than the "back ordered" email?
    03-20-14 04:18 PM
    Thanks for trying to help, but I can't find any information anywhere on how to use escreen to get that information, and I now have one whopping heading trying to sort through exactly what the **** they're talking about in there.
    I'll PM you. Have you used escreens before?
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-20-14 04:26 PM
    I'll PM you. Have you used escreens before?
    Nope!
    03-20-14 04:28 PM

I've been looking for something like this to verify what AT&T LTE bands my device is utilizing without having to go through the hassle with their customer service department. Thank you.

The band said 19 in the escreens info (which sounded off), but the EARFCN calculator showed that I am currently in an area covered by band 17 (which sounds correct). Perhaps it will show a different band at my house, as it is nearly an hour from my job and we only recently received LTE coverage (within the past year). Nevertheless, that post is really helpful.
    03-20-14 04:41 PM
    I've been looking for something like this to verify what AT&T LTE bands my device is utilizing without having to go through the hassle with their customer service department. Thank you.

The band said 19 in the escreens info (which sounded off), but the EARFCN calculator showed that I am currently in an area covered by band 17 (which sounds correct). Perhaps it will show a different band at my house, as it is nearly an hour from my job and we only recently received LTE coverage (within the past year). Nevertheless, that post is really helpful.
    I had been looking for this too! Thanks should go to yhamaie who found this. Weird yours said 19 though. That's not a US band at all. I was hoping the calculator wouldn't have been necessary, but I guess I was wrong.
    03-20-14 04:57 PM
    Anyone get a confirmation of their order processing for shipment other than the "back ordered" email?
    No! I'm peeved because they took my money...I have no shipment confirmation or anything.
    03-20-14 06:59 PM
    I called Digital River earlier today and was told that they do have Z30s in-stock and that they should be shipped within 24 hours and that an email with a tracking number will be sent.

I'm not sure what to think because others were told otherwise. I'm remaining hopeful, though!

Posted via CB10
    iToya likes this.
    03-20-14 07:17 PM
    Best Buy USA selling unlocked for $450

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    03-20-14 07:23 PM
    Here is the best buy post

03-20-14 07:30 PM
    Best Buy USA selling unlocked for $450

Best Buy Marketplace, with no mention of model #, you would be lucky to receive an STA100-5, just that they don't list the model #, so they all could be STA-5's or not.
    03-20-14 07:31 PM
    03-20-14 07:32 PM
    03-20-14 07:34 PM
    After being flat out lied to by someone at BlackBerry as to this being a -1 device, I tried to cancel my order and Digital River refused. I took to twitter and pinged the almighty Michael Clewly who helped me get my case escalated to someone at BlackBerry who cancelled my Z30 order. Not allowing customers to cancel an order, especially one on back order is just plain bad customer service. And for the record I don't think I would ever buy anything through Digital River unless it was a mega sale because their customer support just plain sucks...

I also asked the person at BlackBerry if they could confirm if the STA100-1 would ever see the light of day, and they indicated that AT&T wasn't going to carry the phone so no there will never be an STA100-1 released to the wild. Anything is possible to change in the future, but this explains why AT&T won't comment either way on the Z30.

So... it looks like those of you waiting for the STA100-1 (such as myself) will either need to accept that the STA100-5 is the best we will get (in the perspective of possibly getting LTE speeds), give up ever getting a Z30, or move to another carrier.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and I am just a little depressed because I have an Otterbox case and Skinomi screen protector that I will probably never use now.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    03-20-14 07:38 PM
    After being flat out lied to by someone at BlackBerry as to this being a -1 device, I tried to cancel my order and Digital River refused. I took to twitter and pinged the almighty Michael Clewly who helped me get my case escalated to someone at BlackBerry who cancelled my Z30 order. Not allowing customers to cancel an order, especially one on back order is just plain bad customer service. And for the record I don't think I would ever buy anything through Digital River unless it was a mega sale because their customer support just plain sucks...

I also asked the person at BlackBerry if they could confirm if the STA100-1 would ever see the light of day, and they indicated that AT&T wasn't going to carry the phone so no there will never be an STA100-1 released to the wild. Anything is possible to change in the future, but this explains why AT&T won't comment either way on the Z30.

So... it looks like those of you waiting for the STA100-1 (such as myself) will either need to accept that the STA100-5 is the best we will get (in the perspective of possibly getting LTE speeds), give up ever getting a Z30, or move to another carrier.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and I am just a little depressed because I have an Otterbox case and Skinomi screen protector that I will probably never use now.

IMO LTE is overrated. I keep LTE radio turned off permanently so the battery lasts longer. I've never had an issue streaming video over HSPA+. And I like a solid 1.5-2 days of battery (also keep 'wake with gestures' off).
    03-20-14 07:43 PM
    IMO LTE is overrated. I keep LTE radio turned off permanently so the battery lasts longer. I've never had an issue streaming video over HSPA+. And I like a solid 1.5-2 days of battery (also keep 'wake with gestures' off).
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but in mine (and I'd guess most people's) it is not remotely overrated.
    Johberry likes this.
    03-20-14 07:54 PM
    Uuummmm unless they are blatantly lying on their Web pages you're WRONG!

Attachment 256653

Attachment 256654

Attachment 256655
    I didn't see that splash screen when I went to Simple Mobile's page the first time. I take it that they need to update their FAQs because this link explicitly states that they don't offer LTE service, but HSPA+ service and lower.

FAQs

Edited to add: I also said that AIO Wireless offers LTE service, but that it is capped at 8Mbps. I never said that AIO didn't offer LTE service at all.

http://www.aiowireless.com/legal-info/Data-Speeds.html
    03-20-14 08:15 PM

I'm so upset with Blackberry right now. I'm trying to cancel my order and the damn thing hasn't even been shipped. I got the email saying that they were out of stock and that it was on back order. I sent a request to cancel it cause I found out that it wasn't the model I was looking for (I'm on AT&T). Now they tell me that they can't cancel it. WTF?!? This has never happened to me with anything I've ordered online. If the item was out of stock, then it's usually pretty damn easy to cancel an order. This whole situation is shady and the customer support is beyond ridiculous.
    03-20-14 08:31 PM
    I'm so upset with Blackberry right now. I'm trying to cancel my order and the damn thing hasn't even been shipped. I got the email saying that they were out of stock and that it was on back order. I sent a request to cancel it cause I found out that it wasn't the model I was looking for (I'm on AT&T). Now they tell me that they can't cancel it. WTF?!? This has never happened to me with anything I've ordered online. If the item was out of stock, then it's usually pretty damn easy to cancel an order. This whole situation is shady and the customer support is beyond ridiculous.
    They told me it would have to ship and I would have to refuse the shipment. The problem is the shipping companies like to leave these type of packages on my door step. Either that or I have to sign for it, but in all cases they apparently think it's a good idea to waste money shipping it and my time is apparently worthless to them.

Digital River blows dead bear...

03-20-14 08:41 PM
    They told me it would have to ship and I would have to refuse the shipment. The problem is the shipping companies like to leave these type of packages on my door step. Either that or I have to sign for it, but in all cases they apparently think it's a good idea to waste money shipping it and my time is apparently worthless to them.

Digital River blows dead bear...

I got an email saying I need to refuse shipment too and like you, the box would be left at my door cause all my packages usually are. This is starting to **** me off and they need to resolve this quickly. I love Blackberry phones (owned a Pearl, Bold, Torch, & Z10) but I hate shady practices and terrible customer support. So I won't hesitate to drop this brand like so many others have.
    03-20-14 08:56 PM
    My daughter ordered a Z10 through Shop BlackBerry 2 weeks ago (fulfilled via Digital River) and it required her signature from FedEx... boyfriend was home but they wouldn't accept his signature, had to be person who ordered. I'm guessing that is their policy across the board and packages will not be just dropped off at door - for what that's worth.

After that I requested Z30 sent to my office so I can sign and not have to go to FedEx warehouse...assuming it ever gets off back order and is shipped.

I'm on AT&T so hoping I'm not too disappointed with LTE situation. But I use wifi a lot so probably not an issue.

Posted via CB10
    Azensun and FairlightRacing like this.
    03-20-14 09:27 PM
    Not bad....got mine for $430 a couple of months back. Pretty good price for a great phone! Loving my Z30 so far....
    03-20-14 10:43 PM
    I still couldn't sell my LG G2 so I can buy another Z30!
    03-20-14 10:47 PM
345 ... 34567 ...