OMG what took them soooooo long?!?

Would have loved to have taken advantage of this months ago. Dont know if I should grab one or just wait for the next flagship. My white Z10 is holding up wonderfully on Tmobile so im torn lol
    03-19-14 06:04 PM
    Well, even if they don't have the STA100-1 available at this point, it is a step in the right direction at the very least.
    This is the truth, and it's why I'm not really that upset that the phone they're offering won't work for me right now. I suppose I could get by without LTE, but now I'm spoiled and just don't want to. Anyway, I still love me Z10, so I will survive this little disappointment.
    03-19-14 06:47 PM
    no chance of a vzw sale like this?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 06:54 PM
    If they still have that "we will pay your ETF" promotion going on, they will pay up to $300-350 (don't remember exact amount, sorry) towards the ETF and up to $300-$350 for your phone (don't remember the exact amount. What I do remember is the two add up to $650 max.) You can even trade in a rinky dink phone, but obviously, the value of your trade-in will go down. And I believe even to get the ETF paid off, you have to trade in a phone. You can't just get ETF paid. I suggest going to a store to do this, if you're interested.

If CYA was the intention, I would've left it at just 4G. You still deceive people, but, hey, you can blame the carriers for bastardizing the standards.
    The requirement is that you trade in a phone and you buy a phone. I may have to call them up and see what they have to say.
    03-19-14 07:21 PM
    Considering that it is an STA-5 and not the STA-1, I will be canceling my order--or more accurately, refusing delivery as when I called, they said it was in process so to refuse as they cannot cancel on their end at this point.

So disappointed this is not fully functional on AT&T.
    03-19-14 07:27 PM
    This is the truth, and it's why I'm not really that upset that the phone they're offering won't work for me right now. I suppose I could get by without LTE, but now I'm spoiled and just don't want to. Anyway, I still love me Z10, so I will survive this little disappointment.
    Once you go LTE you never go back! And the Z10 will always have a special place in my heart because it was the first device I got to experience LTE on.
    sleepngbear and PapiPabs like this.
    03-19-14 07:34 PM
    The requirement is that you trade in a phone and you buy a phone. I may have to call them up and see what they have to say.
    Actually, that makes sense. There's no way they'd recoup all their money just from selling the traded in phone. So it comes down to finding their cheapest phones and buying it.

Here is the promotion off TMO's website, if someone wants to read.
    03-19-14 07:35 PM
    And go broke in the process? I see lots of comments saying sell it cheaper. Somehow that will mean more apps and and that means more sales at higher prices later on. But the math does not add up.

They would have to sell tens of millions then the wait time for apps to come, assuming they do then need to sell tens of millions more to break even for what they sold massively at a loss.

Like seriously guys? You would need apple like cash on hand to even try this and even then would be suicidal.

Glad to see that blackberry is now offering this device direct. They would sell a lot of these if they drop the price to 200-250 (IMO).

Sent from iOS using Tapatalk

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:43 PM
    I totally agree.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    03-19-14 08:58 PM
    Once you go LTE you never go back! And the Z10 will always have a special place in my heart because it was the first device I got to experience LTE on.
    Again, totally agree.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    03-19-14 09:00 PM
    What's the deal with T-Mobile users complaining about this being an STA100-5? It still works with T-Mobile.
    The big complaint people used to have was finding cheap STA100-2's on eBay. STA100-5's were the coveted ones, imported from Canada from Rogers (most commonly) for T-Mobile and AT&T use. I don't get it either.
    03-19-14 09:02 PM
    I ordered one today and was initially hopeful that it was the -1 model (I'm using a Z10 on AT&T right now). I was going to get a 100-5 model regardless because I'm quickly losing hope that the -1 model will ever be released in the U.S. I think the Z30 has some great improvements that make it a better fit for me than my Z10 and that's why I'm willing to give up LTE (for the most part) for a good device.

I can't wait until it arrives! Just hoping it doesn't take two months!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 09:08 PM
    Something is wrong with that chart, Solavei and Simple mobile use T-Mobile Network for their service, so you can get LTE with them as well if your plan includes it
    Simple Mobile doesn't offer LTE service at all, regardless of which phone you are using. I think that Solavei works the same way. Most MVNOs do not have access to the MNO's LTE network. Even AIO Wireless (owned by AT&T) caps the LTE data speeds at 8Mbps.
    03-19-14 09:21 PM
    I hope it's the STA100-1 so we get full LTE on AT&T. About to take the plunge. Wish they had the white version as well.
    White would be cool. I have the 100-1 & get LTE in Chicago. No such luck on my recent trip to Atlanta.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    03-19-14 09:33 PM
    White would be cool. I have the 100-1 & get LTE in Chicago. No such luck on my recent trip to Atlanta.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    Did you mean to say 5? If not, where did you get a 1?
    03-19-14 10:12 PM
    Am I understanding this correctly? This available 100-5 will work on ATT but not get LTE speed?
    03-19-14 10:30 PM
    Actually, that makes sense. There's no way they'd recoup all their money just from selling the traded in phone. So it comes down to finding their cheapest phones and buying it.

Here is the promotion off TMO's website, if someone wants to read.
    It only says
    "In order to qualify for this ETF offer, you must be switching from a postpaid plan on a contract with another carrier and transfer your current numbers to T-Mobile. You would need to trade in a mobile phone or tablet and purchase a new device with T-Mobile on a qualifying postpaid Simple Choice plan (you would not be able to sign up for a T-Mobile prepaid or Simple Choice Family Plan with no credit check). All lines must be activated in the same T-Mobile market with the same billing address."

Will call them.
    I won't steer thread off topic further, maybe we can discuss this in another thread.
    03-19-14 11:28 PM
    Am I understanding this correctly? This available 100-5 will work on ATT but not get LTE speed?
    It's possible you could still get AT&T LTE, but it would be hit and miss.
    03-19-14 11:47 PM
    Simple Mobile doesn't offer LTE service at all, regardless of which phone you are using. I think that Solavei works the same way. Most MVNOs do not have access to the MNO's LTE network. Even AIO Wireless (owned by AT&T) caps the LTE data speeds at 8Mbps.
    Uuummmm unless they are blatantly lying on their Web pages you're WRONG!

Buy Z30 directly through shopblackberry.com-img_20140319_220726.png

Buy Z30 directly through shopblackberry.com-img_20140319_220636.png

Buy Z30 directly through shopblackberry.com-img_20140319_221316.png
    shupor likes this.
    03-20-14 12:15 AM
    Only if they use band 4 for LTE where you are
    03-20-14 12:17 AM
    Uuummmm unless they are blatantly lying on their Web pages you're WRONG!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140319_220726.png 
Views:	1295 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	256653

Name:	IMG_20140319_220636.png 
Views:	1293 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	256654

Name:	IMG_20140319_221316.png 
Views:	1290 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	256655
    I also would like to add,
    The info on gsmnation might be outdated from when they did not offer LTE.
    Also if those MNVO's offer under AT&T you wouldnt get LTE even if they offer it.
    If they are under T-Mo, then you would. So name of carriers are meaningless, what matters is which bands they are using.

StraightTalk did not offer LTE but now they do, when you get the service under T-Mobile, you get LTE. I am not sure about their AT&T or Verizon options but with T-Mobile you get LTE.
    03-20-14 11:16 AM
    More bizarreness. Just got a follow-up email to my cancel request that they cannot cancel my order because it was "processed for
    shipment immediately upon completion." So I can only assume it's going to ship soon, though they cannot yet tell me when.

The saga continues.....
    03-20-14 12:03 PM
    More bizarreness. Just got a follow-up email to my cancel request that they cannot cancel my order because it was "processed for
    shipment immediately upon completion." So I can only assume it's going to ship soon, though they cannot yet tell me when.

The saga continues.....
    Yeah that's what somebody else said as well, and he's just going to refuse delivery.
    03-20-14 12:14 PM
    So it seems that there might be some disconnect between ShopBlackBerry and Digital River. Z30 still shows "in-stock" on the site, though I've not gotten any shipment notification or tracking number.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    03-20-14 12:33 PM
    Yeah that's what somebody else said as well, and he's just going to refuse delivery.
    Ya know, after all this, I think I'll just take it and see how it goes. I know I like how the phone feels. If it doesn't work with the local LTE band, it will just be a matter of figuring out if wireless speeds are satisfactory.

Anybody know how to find out what LTE band at&t uses in specific cities?
    03-20-14 01:03 PM
345 ... 23456 ...