Pause.. it's the STA-100-5? Let me go ahead and cancel my order.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 01:30 PM
    Blackberry added the model number on their page it is the STA 100-5 (screen shot below) and i went to GSM nation to check.. the frequency. link under. just select your country

BlackBerry Z30 STA 100-5 (Unlocked) Black

Buy Z30 directly through shopblackberry.com-z30-2.jpg

Additional Features

STA 100-5
    MP3/WMA/WAV/eAAC+/FlAC player
    DivX/XviD/MP4/WMV/H.263/H.264 player
    5-inch screen
    8 mega-pixel camera
    Dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait
    16 GB storage, 2 GB RAM
    3G: 800 / 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
    LTE: 4G Network LTE 850 / 1700 / 2600
    microSD, up to 64 GB
    Last edited by pagozahd; 03-19-14 at 01:45 PM.
    03-19-14 01:32 PM
    I'm hoping that demand for the device was higher than expected and will force AT&T and T-Mobile to change their attitudes.

Posted with a drop of Awesome Sauce!!!
    03-19-14 01:35 PM
    As an ex-ATT customer and as one who loves BlackBerry, rather than suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous marketeerring, why not take your business to the one and only company in the US that is offering the Z30 and even has wireless charging thrown in. LTE all over the place. Just updated with software. I know it is a little painful but all you need to do is call VZW and convert your lines. You do not even need to walk into a store. No moronic sales reps telling you that BlackBerry is dead. I did this for my small business with a total of 6 lines and the service is better and with the VZW bundles of data and service I have been within $10 every month from my ATT bill. I have no financial interest in VZW and I was an ATT customer for 9 years before this. Just offering another solution for those on the horns of the STA-5 Z30 dilemma.
    heading4tomorrow and Johberry like this.
    03-19-14 01:55 PM
    Are you even sure if it is not another STA100-5
    Yes I am, and even if it was another STA100-5 doesn't matter to me, I didn't bought it because of the model number, there's is a long story behind that purchase.
    03-19-14 01:56 PM
    As an ex-ATT customer and as one who loves BlackBerry, rather than suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous marketeerring, why not take your business to the one and only company in the US that is offering the Z30 and even has wireless charging thrown in. LTE all over the place. Just updated with software. I know it is a little painful but all you need to do is call VZW and convert your lines. You do not even need to walk into a store. No moronic sales reps telling you that BlackBerry is dead. I did this for my small business with a total of 6 lines and the service is better and with the VZW bundles of data and service I have been within $10 every month from my ATT bill. I have no financial interest in VZW and I was an ATT customer for 9 years before this. Just offering another solution for those on the horns of the STA-5 Z30 dilemma.
    I totally agree with this, but there are a lot of people who still have contracts, or who get a much better deal from AT&T or T-Mobile, you have to understand that VZ is actually above most normal user's budget. Also, VZW is not BYOD friendly carrier, if you think you will always use the phone for 2 years and will just keep upgrading through carrier, otherwise you are the mercy of VZW if they will activate the device or not, not to mention you couldn't get a blackberry unlocked anywhere else that would work with VZW unless you scored one off ebay, while GSM phones are all over the place. If Z50 is released in Canada and verizon decides not to carry it, you are stuck with Z30. It's just those things that are keeping people from committing to VZW for 2 years.
    03-19-14 02:04 PM
    Amazon raised its price to $699 without contract from $539 yesterday..
    03-19-14 02:05 PM
    Something is wrong with that chart, Solavei and Simple mobile use T-Mobile Network for their service, so you can get LTE with them as well if your plan includes it
    03-19-14 02:09 PM
    Interested to see where this goes. You would think that the STA100-5's that they are selling in Canada would utilize the same LTE bands as the ones being sold directly to the US. Unless certain bands really are available on those devices, and they were blocked by firmware/software somehow...
    Interesting thought, and you know what, there's a precedent for this: the RFF91LW Z10. It has a "hidden" UMTS 1700 band. I haven't checked its FCC documentation, but the Z30 -5's does not list any "hidden" LTE bands. It even lists band 7 with a "Note: LTE band 7 is not operational in the US, it is operational in Canada," so if they went as far as documenting non-US LTE bands, IMO they surely would have found any "hidden" US LTE bands.

tl;dr: don't get your hopes up for any LTE bands besides 4/5/7
    03-19-14 02:32 PM
    Try looking, people are selling them. There is one for sale in this thread, and not the OP, one of the last couple posts. Don't be a ****, man.

Z30 for $349. Buy it?? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    There is a big difference between a someone finding a single USED device in some random cell phone shop, as the post you linked to has, and being able to order nearly any quantity of a brand new device direct from the manufacture with the full manufacture warranty. I just checked eBay and the cheapest STA100-05 went for $425 with almost all of them fetching $500+. (Yes I do see the Verizon models going for around $350 but those are used and completely worthless to people on T-Mobile and other GSM carriers/MVNOs)

So again I ask the question: Please tell the CrackBerry community where you can buy a brand new STA100-5 for $350.
    aminrajabi likes this.
    03-19-14 02:34 PM
    A $400 deposit is stopping me from going to Verizon

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    03-19-14 02:59 PM
    What's the deal with T-Mobile users complaining about this being an STA100-5? It still works with T-Mobile.
    This is still a great deal if you are paying only $50/mo for their 1GB data tier, or with StraightTalk $41.25/mo unlimited service.
    03-19-14 03:06 PM
    What's the deal with T-Mobile users complaining about this being an STA100-5? It still works with T-Mobile.
    Lol. I haven't seen the exact post/instance you are referring to, but this would be an upfront $500 charge. On TMO, they have that EIP thing, which is very attractive to people--even to those who can afford the $500 upfront. My alternate suggestion is to start a $20-25/month phone fund, but people seem to prefer the EIP more
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-19-14 03:24 PM
    Lol. I haven't seen the exact post/instance you are referring to, but this would be an upfront $500 charge. On TMO, they have that EIP thing, which is very attractive to people--even to those who can afford the $500 upfront. My alternate suggestion is to start a $20-25/month phone fund, but people seem to prefer the EIP more
    They know who they are Oh and you can consider it preemptive strike on any T-Mobile user that dare to complain, while us miserable AT&T users are stuck with 4G.

But keep in mind, T-Mobile usually charges more than market prices for their devices on EIP, and on top of that the device would be locked, which means another $35 to get it unlocked in case you need to sell it before you are eligible for an unlock. Look at Nexus, it was $300 from Google and T-Mobile wanted $450 for it (Now Nexus 5 is more reasonable but still $50 more). Look at Galaxy S4, unlocked you can grab one for $500-$550 from stores like Newegg, etc.., T-Mo asks for $624. $708 for Note III, which is $615 online. Not to mention $528 for Q10?

I know you are on T-Mobile, have you looked into their new uncarrier option, I was wondering if there was anyway for me to leave AT&T by trading some old device, getting T-Mo to pay for my ETF and buying the cheapest phone they sell (it seems like that is a requirement) and finally get sweet LTE on my STA100-5..
    raino likes this.
    03-19-14 03:47 PM
    Interesting thought, and you know what, there's a precedent for this: the RFF91LW Z10. It has a "hidden" UMTS 1700 band. I haven't checked its FCC documentation, but the Z30 -5's does not list any "hidden" LTE bands. It even lists band 7 with a "Note: LTE band 7 is not operational in the US, it is operational in Canada," so if they went as far as documenting non-US LTE bands, IMO they surely would have found any "hidden" US LTE bands.

tl;dr: don't get your hopes up for any LTE bands besides 4/5/7
    I figured as much, and I'm not getting my hopes up. I am assuming they threw the 4G/4G LTE statements in the press release to cover their butts, knowing fully that most on the AT&T network would get 4G coverage at best from this model.

Perhaps they are looking to unload their unsold Canadian stock before they have to answer more questions on future earnings reports...
    03-19-14 03:47 PM
    I know you are on T-Mobile, have you looked into their new uncarrier option, I was wondering if there was anyway for me to leave AT&T by trading some old device, getting T-Mo to pay for my ETF and buying the cheapest phone they sell (it seems like that is a requirement) and finally get sweet LTE on my STA100-5..
    If they still have that "we will pay your ETF" promotion going on, they will pay up to $300-350 (don't remember exact amount, sorry) towards the ETF and up to $300-$350 for your phone (don't remember the exact amount. What I do remember is the two add up to $650 max.) You can even trade in a rinky dink phone, but obviously, the value of your trade-in will go down. And I believe even to get the ETF paid off, you have to trade in a phone. You can't just get ETF paid. I suggest going to a store to do this, if you're interested.

I figured as much, and I'm not getting my hopes up. I am assuming they threw the 4G/4G LTE statements in the press release to cover their butts, knowing fully that most on the AT&T network would get 4G coverage at best from this model.
    If CYA was the intention, I would've left it at just 4G. You still deceive people, but, hey, you can blame the carriers for bastardizing the standards.
    03-19-14 04:18 PM
    If they still have that "we will pay your ETF" promotion going on, they will pay up to $300-350 (don't remember exact amount, sorry) towards the ETF and up to $300-$350 for your phone (don't remember the exact amount. What I do remember is the two add up to $650 max.) You can even trade in a rinky dink phone, but obviously, the value of your trade-in will go down. And I believe even to get the ETF paid off, you have to trade in a phone. You can't just get ETF paid. I suggest going to a store to do this, if you're interested.

If CYA was the intention, I would've left it at just 4G. You still deceive people, but, hey, you can blame the carriers for bastardizing the standards.
    That's good to know. Except that in addition to my line, there are two others on my at&t plan with very-recently-purchased iPhones on them. Think they'd pony up for three ETFs, one of which being a 5c with a shattered screen??
    03-19-14 04:34 PM
    I'm hoping that demand for the device was higher than expected and will force AT&T and T-Mobile to change their attitudes.

Posted with a drop of Awesome Sauce!!!
    Hopefully ..... assuming either of them actually give a crap.
    03-19-14 04:37 PM
    That's good to know. Except that in addition to my line, there are two others on my at&t plan with very-recently-purchased iPhones on them. Think they'd pony up for three ETFs, one of which being a 5c with a shattered screen??
    IDK about shattered screens, but I'm pretty sure they pay each person's ETF. Even if they don't accept shattered screen phones, you could just buy a cheap burner phone off Craigslist or eBay.
    03-19-14 04:41 PM
    I bought the Z30 earlier today directly from shopblackberry and then I CANCELLED IT. I can't believe BlackBerry would do this to its most loyal customers. Tricking them into getting a product that doesn't have AT&T LTE in most areas. Terrible move.
    Johberry likes this.
    03-19-14 04:41 PM
    If you get back ordered, it's not, it's a server overload. Michael Clewley tweeted that. Keep ordering!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 04:47 PM
    This is still a great deal if you are paying only $50/mo for their 1GB data tier, or with StraightTalk $41.25/mo unlimited service.
    Heck, it's a great deal with T-Mo's $60/mo 3gb data tier as well, or if you want to go prepaid, the $30/mo 100 minutes, unlimited data, 5gb data plan as well.
    Rello and Avenzuno like this.
    03-19-14 04:56 PM
    I bought the Z30 earlier today directly from shopblackberry and then I CANCELLED IT. I can't believe BlackBerry would do this to its most loyal customers. Tricking them into getting a product that doesn't have AT&T LTE in most areas. Terrible move.
    I'm sure it was just an oversight and not them meaning to be deceitful.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-19-14 05:05 PM
    Well, even if they don't have the STA100-1 available at this point, it is a step in the right direction at the very least.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-19-14 05:21 PM
    Btw, those iPhones might work on TMO too--if they're unlocked. I don't recall if this promo requires you to buy phones from TMO as well. I don't think it does, but you might want to check. If not, you could trade in three crappy phones for minimal trade-in value (and get your ETF paid) and continue using the iPhones on TMO.

If you wouldn't be buying any phones, I think the store might try to nickel and dime you $10 per SIM card (they're free with phone purchases.) You can order SIMs from TMO for $0-1 online (free standard shipping,) and take them to the store and ask them to activate those.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-19-14 06:00 PM
345 12345 ...