Just received my new white Z30. love it. But I've noticed the volume buttons on the side and power button on the top make noise when you shake or tap the phone. They seem loose. This makes the phone feel not as solid as my Z10 was .
    Is this a normal thing or are my phone buttons just loose.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 08:47 AM
    My previous device (Z30) had a very, very minor rattle that I think came from the camera module. Not the one you describe though. Maybe a slightly defective build. Could you return and try another one?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 08:48 AM
    Not uncommon. If it annoys you, like others have noted and posted, you can take of the back cover and place a small pc. of cellophane tape to place a little "capturing pressure" on the keys so they don't "rattle". Mine does, and with the Great Shield case, un-noticeable.

A majority of the Z30 have this, it's not a "fatal" issue.
    12-12-14 08:56 AM
    Just received my new white Z30. love it. But I've noticed the volume buttons on the side and power button on the top make noise when you shake or tap the phone. They seem loose. This makes the phone feel not as solid as my Z10 was .
    Is this a normal thing or are my phone buttons just loose.

Posted via CB10
    Send it back for Warranty

Z10
    12-12-14 09:00 AM
    More people have reported this. It's just a result of the way it's manufactured. To be honest, I can hardly imagine that this is bothering someone. It definitely does not affect proper functioning. If the volume rockers don't, for instance, give a click when they-re pushed, then that would worry me more.

I personally wouldn't return it because of the rattling sound. Mine does it as well, but the overall build is extremely good.
    12-12-14 09:10 AM
    More people have reported this. It's just a result of the way it's manufactured. To be honest, I can hardly imagine that this is bothering someone. It definitely does not affect proper functioning. If the volume rockers don't, for instance, give a click when they-re pushed, then that would worry me more.

I personally wouldn't return it because of the rattling sound. Mine does it as well, but the overall build is extremely good.
    It's extremely annoying when playing music through the speakers to get that vibration. I wish they would have fixed this.
    12-12-14 09:13 AM
    I have a similar rattling sound, I have traced it to the volume keys, this doesn't affect the functioning of the phone, and it's not likely that they will replace the phone and if they do the replacement will most likely have the same issue. It's because the keys simply float and are not surrounded on all sides by the housing to keep them tight. As long as it's not causing problems and the keys still work, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 10:02 AM
    Good replies everyone. Yes it bugs me as it makes the phone not feel premium. I use the speakers for conference calls and J really notice the issue then.
    Will try a little tape or cellophane as recommended.
    Not something I'm used to with BlackBerry, having a cheesy issue like this.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 07:41 PM
    I don't have this issue. On mine. Been use a clear the case. Just removed it and keys are perfect. ?

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    12-12-14 08:58 PM