Z30 (Verizon)

Hello,
    I am going to present a myriad of issues I am now experiencing on my Verizon Z30. I purchased a brand new Z30 off of eBay about 4-5 months ago and have been using it with no issues in most part. Recently I have been experiencing a multitude of issues which I will attempt to list here:

Attached are two videos. One shows the lock screen seeming to have a mind of its own, as if its an automated script is running thru the notifications. The other video shows the notification symbol on the Blackberry Hub blinking for no apparent reason.

Other Issues:
    -Often my hub locks up and I am unable to access it without a restart.
    -Sometimes when I attempt to compose a text, the 'back, attachment and send' icons do not appear. I have to close the text window and reopen in order for it to appear again. (See Screenshot)
    -Text drafts disappear and reappear randomly. If I go in to compose a text or respond to one and I navigate away (the draft is still in the text window) and I come back, the text is gone, but if I close the chat window I can see the draft previewed in the list of texts. I click on that text again and its gone. I have to start a new text all over again....BUT......the missing draft will all of a sudden pop up later maybe the day or the next.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Buggy Software on Z30-586d3f18-a0b2-4c9e-a9b1-35a5225d83f1.png

11-07-14 11:21 AM
    Yep it's buggy... can't speak to if it's normal or not on 10.2.1.2991.

I can only suggest either you reload the OS (do a backup first - but try to get buy without a restore if possible), or reload the OS using a newer leaked version of the OS (same backup but don't restore).

But you'll find that most soft ware has some bugs... you just have to learn to live with them. Or move and deal with different bugs.
    Carl Estes and PatrickMJS like this.
    11-07-14 11:32 AM
    Are you sure it was "new"? Box was sealed?
    That is messed up. Need to reload the os...
    11-07-14 12:15 PM
    Yes, it was sealed.
    Update: As of submitting this post, I uninstalled the Amazon store and the blinking and flashing has ceased....but I am still having text related issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 12:57 PM
    Yes, it was sealed.
    Update: As of submitting this post, I uninstalled the Amazon store and the blinking and flashing has ceased....but I am still having text related issues.

Posted via CB10
    That's weird... wouldn't think Amazon Store would affect notifications, mine doesn't show it runs in the background.

But yeah uninstalling anything you don't need, especially if it does show it's running in the background in the Device Monitor, might help.
    11-07-14 01:53 PM
    That os was my last strike with 10.2. Do yourself a huge favor and install 10.3. Trust me on this. I went through so much with that os and nothing I didn't permanently fixed anything. Look around the forums and see what version of 10.3 or 10.3.1 works for you. It's like having a brand new phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:05 PM
    I've had similar problems. My icons would disappear occasionally when composing a text. Also, my group text messages would show up further down in the Hub probably 4-5 days back even though me or someone else in the group just sent a text.

I downloaded 10.3.1. Solved all my problems. Everything runs even better than before, especially Android apps

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 07:41 PM
    Hello Melanie,

I'm using a Z30 on Bell in Canada, OS 10.2.1.2977.

I haven't had any of the issues you've described. And yes, I have the Amazon App store installed.

I'm in agreement with the second post in this thread. You should reinstall the OS. Don't restore from backup until you test the phone to see if the problem is still there after reinstalling the OS.

If the problem is solved after the reinstall, try running the restore from backup. There's a good chance the problem won't reappear. If it does, I would go the next step and do a security wipe followed by a reinstall, followed by a restore from backup.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 10:28 AM
    OK, I've uninstalled the Amazon app store and reinstalled. Blinking icons and notifications went away but I am still having issues with the text. I think I will consider upgrading to 10.3 thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 09:59 AM
    OK, I've uninstalled the Amazon app store and reinstalled. Blinking icons and notifications went away but I am still having issues with the text. I think I will consider upgrading to 10.3 thanks!

Posted via CB10
    You'll be happy!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 05:26 PM
    If you came from an iOS phone, Apple just released a tool to de register your number from imessage, which apparently causes texting issues on other platforms
    11-13-14 08:45 AM