Well they'll stay away from possible camera features, and more coming in the next 2 planned updates. #lol

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-31-14 10:37 AM
    You're asking for a lot. People had issues with the old one. There will be no option to revert. BlackBerry made the right decision here. You'll upgrade eventually.

Posted with my Q10!
    Might as well do it now then later or you'll be on the same OS......forever.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 01:26 PM
    IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT CALL SCREEN IT'S ABOUT BB 10 GESTURE BASED EXPERIENCE

WHICH BB IS DESTROYING BY REMOVING CALL SCREEN AND REMEMBER THIS FEATURE BB INTRODUCED IN 10.1 MR Swipe to the right and then down (like a backwards L) to move back to the previous message and for next message a swipe up in hub BB even removed this in os 10.2.1

i don't understand why BB is destroying these gestures and that unique experience of BB 10
    We know you work for Samsung...it's a plot.
    01-31-14 08:41 PM
    I like to slide up and down old screen please!!!

Posted via my awesome Z30!
    LordCrankypants likes this.
    01-31-14 08:45 PM
    I like to slide up and down old screen please!!!

Posted via my awesome Z30!
    Side to side has its merits, depends on the position your in.
    01-31-14 08:47 PM
    It's about useability. I know someone that had issues with the old call screen. Had issues answering calls. Missing the touch target.

She has no issues with the new one. So evidently BlackBerry found the old call screen while unique, cool, and logical, was not as easy for the average person to use. And thus a source of frustration that might have led to returned devices.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-31-14 08:47 PM
    People complain about it being dumbed down and not ahead of its time yet they still cry about why old BBOS features haven't come to BB10. Smh

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    01-31-14 09:36 PM
    We know you work for Samsung...it's a plot.
    don't dare to say such things
    samsung i hate that name

been with blackberry since launch of playbook
    01-31-14 10:12 PM
    I'll never use the text reply features. If I don't want to answer, I don't want to answer. Leave a VM. I'll see that you called. Sometimes I just don't want to talk to the person who is calling. Should I set up a "I don't want to talk to you right now, kindly foxtrot oscar" auto-reply?
    So selfish.
    Some features that you don't like doesn't mean the other don't need it too.
    Stop act like a crybaby.
    habs_fan likes this.
    02-01-14 07:30 AM
    I'm curious, why do you need buttons like "attachment" and "importance" while you're half way through composing an email? Can't you attach a file when you're done typing?
    Maybe I just wanna attach a file and be done with it.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:30 AM
    Call screen is new and get use to it. Allready like the middle button.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 11:58 AM
    So selfish.
    Some features that you don't like doesn't mean the other don't need it too.
    Stop act like a crybaby.
    I'll never use the text reply features. If I don't want to answer, I don't want to answer. Leave a VM. I'll see that you called. Sometimes I just don't want to talk to the person who is calling. Should I set up a "I don't want to talk to you right now, kindly foxtrot oscar" auto-reply?
    Yah, who would want to deal with customers and such....
    02-01-14 08:36 PM
    My wife hated the old screen and struggled for some reason with it, she only mentions loving the new call screen from the upgrade, pretty sure she hasn't noticed anything else lol. I like it too, it's more one thumb friendly at the bottom.

Posted via CB10 on the Z30
    02-01-14 10:43 PM
    I did like the old one a lot but oh well, the new one is good too and not upgrading because of this is dumb, 10.2.1 has so many improvements, picture password alone in my opinion makes it worth it...
    02-01-14 11:01 PM
    picture password alone in my opinion makes it worth it...
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

IMO, picture password is juvenile
    02-01-14 11:31 PM
    What is the big difference???

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 11:48 PM
    What is the big difference???
    If you hold the phone with one hand and answer/reject the call with a finger from your other hand, it's OK.

If you hold the phone with one hand and answer it with the thumb of that same hand, the up/down bar was easier, at least on the Z10.

That and the new thing is a cheap android rip off.
    02-02-14 12:04 AM
    Just bring back facial recognition to the camera. I never had it to begin with as I got my phone the day before the latest OS update and it had been updated from my provider before I picked it up. Facial recognition seems like it would be cool. Don't know why they would remove that.

As for the op's opinion, I can see both sides of the call screen argument but the new one isn't that bad. I just hate it that contacts with photos are blown up so much to fill the screen that they end up looking all grainy and fuzzy.

The Z30 rocks. Now if they can bring the Twitter app out of the stone age, modernize it and actually make the notifications work my life would be complete. Lol.... no but seriously :/

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 01:45 AM
    Just bring back facial recognition to the camera. I never had it to begin with as I got my phone the day before the latest OS update and it had been updated from my provider before I picked it up. Facial recognition seems like it would be cool. Don't know why they would remove that.
    What was the facial recognition feature?
    02-02-14 02:06 AM
    What was the facial recognition feature?
    apparently the camera would recognize faxes in images and automatically apply focus points on the faces

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 10:45 AM
    IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT CALL SCREEN IT'S ABOUT BB 10 GESTURE BASED EXPERIENCE

WHICH BB IS DESTROYING BY REMOVING CALL SCREEN AND REMEMBER THIS FEATURE BB INTRODUCED IN 10.1 MR Swipe to the right and then down (like a backwards L) to move back to the previous message and for next message a swipe up in hub BB even removed this in os 10.2.1

i don't understand why BB is destroying these gestures and that unique experience of BB 10
    BB didn't remove the gesture itself, they only added the option to use on-screen prompts to go forward and backward one message. These prompts are optional, but the gesture is still in-tact either way.

They are 'dumbing' things back down because it keeps causing 'think-points' for new users or those migrating from BB7 and below. They're working to re-capture elementary features of BBOS that BB10 is missing so they don't continue to alienate prospective users.
    02-03-14 04:13 PM
    Thankyou durden
    DurdenLunarius likes this.
    02-03-14 09:21 PM
    They obviously changed it not just for the sake of change. I'm pretty sure far more people who have never used BlackBerry 10 are able to answer the phone without much problem after this change. In terms of ergonomics it is much better without the vertical thumb waving to reject call. It's so much easier to answer and reject with the new one as the slider is at the bottom of the screen where your thumb lies most of the time handling a phone. It is fundamentally sound, sorry it doesn't look as "cool" as it was before but in terms of usability clearly to me it is better. Also remember how on legacy BlackBerry devices have the answer call button on the left side of the phone well this new call screen maps that layout and it makes sense to ease the transition. They did a lot of things right with this and it is easy to use for anybody
    Last edited by StutterStep; 02-04-14 at 01:00 AM.
    DurdenLunarius likes this.
    02-04-14 12:42 AM
    Wow, 6 pages all about a silly call screen.

:lol:
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-04-14 04:09 AM
    silly for you not for those who care
    02-04-14 06:22 AM
219 ... 45678 ...