I didn't like it at first when it leaked, but now I do. Don't hold out on 10.2.1 just because of the call screen. This new OS is the shiznit compared to 10.2.0.

Posted via CB10
    My friend. Some have still held out because of the squircle. Smh. I loved the squircle but C'mon this OS rocks. And btw who calls anyone nowadays anyway? Lmfao.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    01-30-14 03:23 PM
    Now that you mentioned it,
    are we expecting The Squircle to return on 10.3???

Missed the question???

Hahaha....
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    01-30-14 04:05 PM
    I'm holding off. All the bugs being reported plus the call screen and the floating action bar have turned me completely off 10.2.1
    01-30-14 04:15 PM
    I'm holding off. All the bugs being reported plus the call screen and the floating action bar have turned me completely off 10.2.1
    Good for you.

Via CB10 Rogers problem free and bug free AMAZING Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    habs_fan likes this.
    01-30-14 04:24 PM
    Please say you're joking?

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 via CB10
    habs_fan and RDZONE99 like this.
    01-30-14 04:47 PM
    Just upgrade already. You'll be forced to upgrade soon anyway. I'm not sold on the new call screen, but that's just life; as the boss from Night At The Museum would say, "Let it go. Baby, let it go..."
    why will he forced to upgrade ? any phone will still work on it's original firmware,
    up dates are not mandatory.
    01-30-14 05:39 PM
    A post I made elsewhere about the 10.2.1 leak call-screen

In terms if "industry standard" I submit this: my cordless home phone. Clearly is the green answer button on the left and red end button on the right.

Attachment 237884

Not to compare smartphones to home phones, but seriously I think it's being made a big deal for nothing. Personally I love the design of the new call screen, and though I thought before trying it that I would have issues with getting used to the new method I found it no less intuitive than the old method.

Just to add: It doesn't look a thing like Android or iPhone call-answer screens.
    I have the same home phone set, love being able to change the screen colour haha

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:46 PM
    Honestly, I had trouble answering the calls with the old screen (Z10). For whatever reason, it would tend to ignore my gestures up or down, just silenced the call, and I would try to swipe, swipe, swipe till finally something took...or I missed the call.

I haven't missed a call since 10.2.1. I don't understand what the difference is, left - right or up - down, or rather why it recognizes the one better than the other. I wouldn't go back, although I understand wanting the choice. But if wishes were horses, I'd be riding my PlayBook with a BB10 saddle.
    Jsolts likes this.
    01-30-14 05:50 PM
    Please say you're joking?
    Why would I be joking? Read through the forum. People are reporting all sorts of bugs and problems with 10.2.1.

The call screen is aesthetically inferior to the previous screen and less comfortable to use (on the Z10) when holding the device. It's also inconsistent with other UI elements used throughout the phone.

The floating action bar above the keyboard is a waste of space. I don't need the attachment and other icons always in my face while I'm writing. I want the writing space to be as large as possible. I'll attach a file (in the rare case that I need to) when I'm done composing the message.
    01-30-14 05:54 PM
    why will he forced to upgrade ? any phone will still work on it's original firmware,
    Because if an issue does arise, his carrier will first make sure they're on the latest software if he wants their troubleshooting help..

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:56 PM
    I also prefer the old call screen, but its not a deal breaker. My Q10 has always been easy to answer, but the Z30 gave many people problems. I think most problems occurred because people didn't understand you press and hold the bar then swipe down/up, not just swipe down/up. The new screen is simpler for most so that is what we have to live with. And not upgrading for the many other features is counter productive. Change is hard, but we'll all get used to it.
    01-30-14 06:10 PM
    This thread is hilarious....you mean to tell me changing the swiping motion from up and down to side to side and adding some very functional textual replies on an automated basis is a deal breaker for some users? I cannot imagine anyone with a regular job could even give this a second thought....
    what has having a regular job have any connection with some one posting a personal opinion on changes to the operating system ?.
    01-30-14 06:19 PM
    I very much like the new look. I find the way the calling works for answering, and for the added features to be much more efficient. It took me only a few minutes with it to get used to it. I would never go back!
    01-30-14 06:22 PM
    I totally agree with you guys. I do want it back as it is usable with one handed operation without the fear of dropping the phone. I think this was a bad design. I tried to get a hang of it all this time I was running leaks but still fear that I may lose grip.

Bring it back please BB...
    anand_ma likes this.
    01-30-14 06:25 PM
    This thread is hilarious....you mean to tell me changing the swiping motion from up and down to side to side and adding some very functional textual replies on an automated basis is a deal breaker for some users? I cannot imagine anyone with a regular job could even give this a second thought....
    I'll never use the text reply features. If I don't want to answer, I don't want to answer. Leave a VM. I'll see that you called. Sometimes I just don't want to talk to the person who is calling. Should I set up a "I don't want to talk to you right now, kindly foxtrot oscar" auto-reply?
    01-30-14 06:28 PM
    Why would I be joking? Read through the forum. People are reporting all sorts of bugs and problems with 10.2.1.

The call screen is aesthetically inferior to the previous screen and less comfortable to use (on the Z10) when holding the device. It's also inconsistent with other UI elements used throughout the phone.

The floating action bar above the keyboard is a waste of space. I don't need the attachment and other icons always in my face while I'm writing. I want the writing space to be as large as possible. I'll attach a file (in the rare case that I need to) when I'm done composing the message.
    I totally agree with you on the answer screen but I do need that floating bar. I can work with a slightly less real estate when typing.
    01-30-14 06:28 PM
    I found the old call screen pretty bad..the new one is much more responsive...and you don't have to drag your thumb as much to accept or reject a call.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    01-30-14 06:34 PM
    I totally agree with you on the answer screen but I do need that floating bar. I can work with a slightly less real estate when typing.
    I'm curious, why do you need buttons like "attachment" and "importance" while you're half way through composing an email? Can't you attach a file when you're done typing?
    01-30-14 06:52 PM
    I found the old call screen pretty bad..the new one is much more responsive...and you don't have to drag your thumb as much to accept or reject a call.
    I've never missed a call because I had to drag the bar.
    nuff_said likes this.
    01-30-14 06:53 PM
    What if new app Updates need the latest OS

Posted via Verizon Z30
    01-30-14 07:07 PM
    Put on 10.0.9.2372 and reconsider that.

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-30-14 07:09 PM
    Anyone like this design? Bring back the old calling....look.-call-screen.jpg

There is a swipe up and down motion, but also a left right motion.
    I was trying to do an backawards S shape, but that took up too much of the screen.
    01-30-14 07:45 PM
    Anyone like this design? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Call Screen.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	243558

There is a swipe up and down motion, but also a left right motion.
    I was trying to do an backawards S shape, but that took up too much of the screen.
    It should be Z or Q shaped...
    01-30-14 07:58 PM
    Way to go son. And watch those squirrels on the road. They can be hazardous. LOL....this is like "Leave it to Beaver".
    01-30-14 08:01 PM

Nothing to do today?
    01-30-14 08:02 PM
219 ... 23456 ...