As I wallow in agony realizing my PlayBook will never be all that I was expecting it to be (still not over it), I wonder if maybe the A10 could take it's place for me. As a daily driver phone, I wouldn't be interested in a phablet and the Q10 is perfect for me in that respect. I'm just wondering if I were to purchase the A10 off contract, if there would be the remote possibility that we could get some bridge functionality between the A10 and my Q10. In the end I wouldn't have the screen realestate the PlayBook offers, but I would love the faster browser away from wifi, larger screen for watching videos/reading, and maybe even a game or two on that big beautiful screen. Anyone else feel that the A10 would complement the Q10 with some bridge action? Could the A10 be a standalone (albeit relatively small) tablet to complement current BB10 phones?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 06:11 AM
    ISTM this will be mostly speculation and wild guesses until the software is much nearer completion and the product features are announced.
    3_M4N likes this.
    07-14-13 07:29 AM
    ISTM this will be mostly speculation and wild guesses until the software is much nearer completion and the product features are announced.
    I definitely acknowledge that I'm taking a shot in the dark while blind folded with both hands tied behind my back and strapped to a moving gyroscope, but I have this nagging feeling of hope that this might become a reality. I can't get over the fact that Bridge was nerfed with the release of BB10 phones and now the small glimmer of hope I had that it would be fixed with the release of BB10 on the PlayBook has been shattered. Maybe it's too soon for the product developers to release an upgraded PlayBook, but I'm wondering if others feel the same way or if someone could give some insight into how it might be possible.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:49 AM
    I have to wonder too since Thor thinks the A10 is the playbook replacement
    07-14-13 07:54 AM
    I'd like to think that full featured bridge capabilities would return (to something at least). Bridge was the one thing that blackberry had that nobody else had anything like. It was practical and functional on so many levels (work/personal etc). If blackberry is needing a hook to reel people in.......I think bridge can play a big part in that

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    07-14-13 08:19 AM
    Bridge was the one thing that blackberry had that nobody else had anything like. It was practical and functional on so many levels (work/personal etc). If blackberry is needing a hook to reel people in.......I think bridge can play a big part in that

Posted via CB10
    Yes! These are my thoughts exactly! Which is why I find it so hard to accept that the PlayBook story has unfurled the way it did. Did BBRY not see the importance of Bridge in differentiating their eco system to others'? I'm really hoping against all hopes that the A10 will be able to fill that role with equal if not better functionality. I don't forsee a PlayBook 2 happening anytime soon so I think that's why these thoughts about the A10 have me (admittedly unfounded and prematurely) excited.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:34 AM
    I have to wonder too since Thor thinks the A10 is the playbook replacement
    The A10 is not a phablet, tablet, or playbook replacement. It's just a phone with a slightly bigger display than the Z10.
    07-14-13 04:16 PM
    The A10 is not a phablet, tablet, or playbook replacement. It's just a phone with a slightly bigger display than the Z10.
    You may be right. Unfortunately for me (and perhaps a few others) I want the A10 to be one of those since the official versions don't seem to be within sight. Alas, 'tis but a dream...

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:22 PM
    I'd like to think that full featured bridge capabilities would return (to something at least). Bridge was the one thing that blackberry had that nobody else had anything like. It was practical and functional on so many levels (work/personal etc). If blackberry is needing a hook to reel people in.......I think bridge can play a big part in that

Posted via CB10
    Out of may be 150 million tablets out there about 148 million have no Bridge . Yes, it is true that Nexus and Apple went down the road most traveled.
    07-15-13 01:34 AM