Hey everyone, just got my Z30 unlocked directly from BlackBerry and every time I go to unlock my screen with the power button (I don't like swiping to unlock my phone) the phone will try to shut down, the count down screen comes on 3,2,1 but I'm not holding the power button, I literally just press it to wake the phone up. Any ideas what may be causing this? My Z10 ran strong with no issues like this for over one year so I'm not sure where to start. All my settings are exactly like they were on my Z10, I also use picture password which seems to be helping with the reboots.

For all you snowboarders -> C0034CABD
    04-24-14 01:07 PM
    sounds like the button is sticking a bit, try a hard reset by holding the volume up and down buttons untill you see the blue loading screen ignore the blackberry and screenshot hold for the blue loading circle
    04-24-14 01:23 PM
    I think that was the issue after all. I bought a cheap gel skin case and it seems that it's too tight and causing the power button to be pressed so once I barely touch it, it powers off the phone. The case is off now and the phone is working fine so far. Will keep this thread updated for others who may run into the same type of issue.

04-24-14 02:56 PM
    The top and side buttons are very sensitive and easily pressed.
    You will want a skin or case that doesn't cover the buttons, possible one that surrounds the buttons to a thickness that makes them a little harder to press, depending on how you handle the Z30.
    04-24-14 03:02 PM
    So it seems 100% that the case was in fact the issue and somehow causing the power button to be pressed. The strange thing is that the case has all the cut outs for all the buttons and it doesn't touch the power button whatsoever. I'm assuming the case isn't the correct size as in the case squeezes the phone and puts pressure on the power button area. Regardless all is well with the BlackBerry Z30 now and so far I'm liking it.

kbz1960 likes this.
    04-24-14 09:51 PM
    So it seems 100% that the case was in fact the issue and somehow causing the power button to be pressed. The strange thing is that the case has all the cut outs for all the buttons and it doesn't touch the power button whatsoever. I'm assuming the case isn't the correct size as in the case squeezes the phone and puts pressure on the power button area. Regardless all is well with the BlackBerry Z30 now and so far I'm liking it.

Is the case pressing volume up and down button at the same time? If so, that'll reboot the phone.
    04-25-14 06:31 AM
    I have the Trident Verizon Z30 case and had the same issue until I properly seated it. The Z30 is way too fragile to go commando with the edge to edge glass exposed. Definitely recommend a case even though the phone naked has the best look and feel.

Sent from my Z30 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-25-14 06:43 AM
    New update: returned said case to the mall kiosk that I bought it from and while I was there, another guy showed up with the exact same issue on his Z30, however he was using a different case and he purchased it from another store (his wife purchased it and he was returning so he got the kiosk mixed up) anyways he said after he did some research and found people having the exact same issues. He stated that apparently BlackBerry OEM cases and another company which I've completely forgotten their name now makes cases that work well with our Z30's.

Can anyone point me to a slim fit case that won't bulk up the phone?

04-25-14 12:23 PM
    I have the Trident Verizon Z30 case and had the same issue until I properly seated it. The Z30 is way too fragile to go commando with the edge to edge glass exposed. Definitely recommend a case even though the phone naked has the best look and feel.

I'm lucky. I use a pocket pouch which doesn't cover the top if the phone. Sometimes I put my phone in my top jacket pocket. I have now bent over 3 tomes to pick something up on concrete and out falls my phone right on the unprotected top. Just one small chip in a corner and it is still working fine.

I try to remember not to put my phone in that pocket now lol.
    04-25-14 01:12 PM
    I'm lucky. I use a pocket pouch which doesn't cover the top if the phone. Sometimes I put my phone in my top jacket pocket. I have now bent over 3 tomes to pick something up on concrete and out falls my phone right on the unprotected top. Just one small chip in a corner and it is still working fine.

I try to remember not to put my phone in that pocket now lol.
    that's terrible, maybe you shouldn't bend down for that penny
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-25-14 01:51 PM

Mine goes commando in my front jeans pocket. As have my last 3 BlackBerry's now. I just can't find a case that I can stand for more than a couple of weeks! I recommend the leather pouch though. I had the swivel pocket for my Z10 with the belt clip busted off that is almost the same thing, but with a strap over the top of the phone. Good pocket size still with the Z10, but the Z30 may be too big for that to work. I like the sleep feature with the pocket and the swivel pocket and the leather feel.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-25-14 03:15 PM
    that's terrible, maybe you shouldn't bend down for that penny
    What can I say. I've heard a penny found is a penny earned
    04-27-14 11:04 AM