My uncle has been using Galaxy phones for about 4 years now, coming from BlackBerry previously.

During that time, I switched to BlackBerry and have been using the Passport since. He never experienced BB10. I've told him so many times that BB10 is just more efficient and would suit his needs better, considering he's a really successful business man and doesn't play on his phone, but nonetheless he sticks to Force Closing TouchWiz phones. He broke his S4 on a trip, I told him to hold off, but the Verizon "experts" upsold him a Note 5.

I bought him a Z30 this week. I'm setting it up for him with all his email accounts and adding the apps he does use so he can just start using it. I'm adding different tones for his email accounts and setting up different notification light colors like I do on mine; subtle but really useful things that BB10 natively offers. I guarantee he's going to mention that the screen is not as sharp as his "Megatron HD+" screen or whatever Samsung calls it, and I know the camera will disappoint him.

I hope he gives this a chance. I'm so surprised how snappy the Z30 is. I also hope he mentions the OS fluidity so I can talk about how underspecced the SoC is in the Z30 compared to the Note 5, thus displaying how streamlined and effective BB10 is.
    NRB likes this.
    11-20-15 07:59 AM
    Oops, totally wrote Passport by mistake. Already asked mods to change it.
    11-20-15 08:02 AM
    While a nice gift, isn't it a bit risky? What happens if he doesn't want it?

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv.
    11-20-15 08:41 AM
    While a nice gift, isn't it a bit risky? What happens if he doesn't want it?

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv.
    The Z30 is pristine, but used. I'm always buying and selling devices. I'll either break even or lose a few bucks if I have to resell it.

Posted via CB10 // Passport Red SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    11-20-15 08:46 AM
    I don't think, personally, that I would look into entering the BB10 ecosystem now, if it was new to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 11:42 AM
    Good Lad! Z30 is a great phone. I'm the exact opposite ; my Nephew is an I sheep and I keep telling him how good my Z30 is. Think your Uncle will enjoy the Z

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2639
    11-20-15 02:25 PM
    I don't think, personally, that I would look into entering the BB10 ecosystem now, if it was new to me.

Posted via CB10
    It really depends on what you want from a device. I want a communication tool, but don't really use snapchat, which seems to be the most commonly "missed" app

Posted via my  Z30 running 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    11-20-15 02:26 PM
    My uncle has been using Galaxy phones for about 4 years now, coming from BlackBerry previously.

During that time, I switched to BlackBerry and have been using the Passport since. He never experienced BB10. I've told him so many times that BB10 is just more efficient and would suit his needs better, considering he's a really successful business man and doesn't play on his phone, but nonetheless he sticks to Force Closing TouchWiz phones. He broke his S4 on a trip, I told him to hold off, but the Verizon "experts" upsold him a Note 5.

I bought him a Z30 this week. I'm setting it up for him with all his email accounts and adding the apps he does use so he can just start using it. I'm adding different tones for his email accounts and setting up different notification light colors like I do on mine; subtle but really useful things that BB10 natively offers. I guarantee he's going to mention that the screen is not as sharp as his "Megatron HD+" screen or whatever Samsung calls it, and I know the camera will disappoint him.

I hope he gives this a chance. I'm so surprised how snappy the Z30 is. I also hope he mentions the OS fluidity so I can talk about how underspecced the SoC is in the Z30 compared to the Note 5, thus displaying how streamlined and effective BB10 is.
    That is really a nice Of you

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 08:59 PM
    Any tips, tricks, or apps for the Z30 that you recommend?
    11-21-15 01:36 PM
    Just hope he's not dependent on a lot of Android Apps at this point in his smartphone usage. Or he will be asking a lot of questions to you. And hope he's not a big photographer with his phone. The Z30 camera is awful compared to today's phone.

BB10 is Dead
    11-21-15 03:40 PM
    Just hope he's not dependent on a lot of Android Apps at this point in his smartphone usage. Or he will be asking a lot of questions to you. And hope he's not a big photographer with his phone. The Z30 camera is awful compared to today's phone.

BB10 is Dead
    I don't think he is. Last time I messed around with Galaxy S4 the only thing I saw on there is the Pandora app I installed. Don't think he does social media, games, or any of that stuff.

I know he does care about cameras though, so that's going to be tough, but we'll see.
    11-21-15 03:46 PM
    My z30 took pretty good pictures using that camera ++ app

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 07:18 PM
    If he doesn't care about apps, then the Z30 is great for him.

I still use my Z30 and I also have the Silver Edition Passport and Classic. The Z30 has a great virtual keyboard and amazing speakers, and still looks modern with the carbon fiber back like the Priv.

You uncle will really like it.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 07:40 PM
    Have you pre-installed Snap for him? That's critical. Do let us know how he likes it.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 10:47 AM
    Well done. Good Luck!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    11-22-15 11:14 AM
    Have you pre-installed Snap for him? That's critical. Do let us know how he likes it.

Posted via CB10
    Already got Cobalt's Play Store and Google Play Services up and running.
    11-22-15 09:22 PM