I've just bought a Z30 and I almost can't wait to get my hands on it. I have the Q10 wich is a amazing Phone, but the for me the screensize is just a bit to small. Well, to the question: Can I backup and restore my Q10 on to the Z30, with all my settings, messages etc? Or do I have to set it up as a completly New device? By the way, super forum! I live in Norway and I only know one person with a BB10 device (Q10) and he doesn't use it because of the appz. For me i think I'll be aible to find what I need in the Android departement.

Posted via CB10
    geekaren and nhanken like this.
    03-04-14 09:05 AM
    Congrats on the new device. You should be able to just backup your Q10 with BlackBerry Link. And then able to load that backup on to your Z30.

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    geekaren likes this.
    03-04-14 09:06 AM
    Thanks for the ultrafast reply:-) BlackBerry should be putting some effort in to marketing, at least her in Norway. Don't think people here now it even still is around!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 09:10 AM
    I've just bought a Z30 and I almost can't wait to get my hands on it. I have the Q10 wich is a amazing Phone, but the for me the screensize is just a bit to small. Well, to the question: Can I backup and restore my Q10 on to the Z30, with all my settings, messages etc? Or do I have to set it up as a completly New device? By the way, super forum! I live in Norway and I only know one person with a BB10 device (Q10) and he doesn't use it because of the appz. For me i think I'll be aible to find what I need in the Android departement.
    Welcome to Crackberry! I'm so jealous! I love my Z10 but I'm looking forward to my contract renewal for the next Z30. I have no issues with the apps as I have all that I want. The only thing I wish the Z10 had was Mircast. The Z30 has it. Enjoy!
    Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 09:12 AM
    Thanks! I don't need many appz cause the primary use is calls, email, text and BBM( trying to pull my friends over now that it has gone cross platform ). But I do need my banking appz and they are now possible to get at the Android store.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 09:17 AM
    Thanks! I don't need many appz cause the primary use is calls, email, text and BBM( trying to pull my friends over now that it has gone cross platform ). But I do need my banking appz and they are now possible to get at the Android store.

Posted via CB10
    What bank there's tons of banking apps on BlackBerry World.

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    03-04-14 09:29 AM
    It's Nordea and Danske Bank. I have tried ported apps from Android but cause of the screensize it's no good.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 09:52 AM
    Great. Thanks. The Z30 is on it's way by mail as we speak. Looking forwad to it. Think it will be hard to leave the keyboard on the Q10 so I will have to do a combo.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 09:57 AM
    The phone has arrived and I must say it's great. Feels like really good quality. Love the text predication, but still not sure which I prefer, the q10 or this one. I really want to give this a fear shot so I will give it a full week. I have the Q10 at lock down for the week and then we'll see. Anybody else switch from q10 to z30? Or both for that matter? Whichever do you prefer?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 11:42 AM
    I made the move from the Q10 to Z30 and I'm staying with the Z30. I do miss the keyboard, the Q10 is the best keyboard blackberry by far, but the screen size is really small. I also don't like the screen ratio which is more 1 to 1 vs. most phones that take more of a TV flatscreen ratio (16:9?). I have gotten better with the keyboard on the Z30 and the screen size is excellent, as well as the general speed of the OS. Two things that I don't like are - the Q10 is a more comfortable size, and although the Z30 battery is excellent, it doesn't last for days for me like it does for others. I always had a spare batt with my Q10, so that was nice to have. Still, once I got used to the screen size, its impossible to go back.
    03-06-14 12:01 PM
    You are right about the screen size on the Q. Even for mails it's sometimes to small. The size is very convenient for my pockets though. As long as the battery last through the day I am happy. Just got to give the z some time and hopefully I'll forget about the Qs keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 12:11 PM
    Hello Henrik! You will love the Z30 with the larger screen estate and the longer battery life compared to the Q10 (and you thought the battery life on the Q10 is already good enough huh? . Is your Z30 on OS 10.2.1? If so you should sideload Snap and then you'll have access to Google Play (I think you must have done it already since you mentioned having problems with some apps on the Q10 1:1 screen ratio). You should teach your friend to sideload Snap too so he doesn't feel left out when it comes to apps that haven't made their way to BB10 yet!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 12:23 PM
    I've side loaded snap so that I get the apps I need. ( which isn't that many) I think I'll get my friend over to a z30 and then maybe..:-) I must admit that the keyboard on the z30 is growing on me, just need a little time:-) I also really hope that BBM grows in popularity now that it has gone cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 12:35 PM
    That's great! I used to love the Bold 9900 but after switching to the Z10 and now the Z30, I'm so used to BB10 OS virtual keyboard that I cannot go back to physical keyboards anymore; whenever I use the Bold, I would try to flick and swipe down on the keyboard etc etc... lol I can't even go back to Android anymore because I find the OS is a such a mess (not sure how KitKat is compared to Key Lime, Jelly Bean or older OS). I'm so used to having the Hub and all the gestures on BB10 have grown so deep inside me that my thumbs seem to have a mind of their own!

I've side loaded snap so that I get the apps I need. ( which isn't that many) I think I'll get my friend over to a z30 and then maybe..:-) I must admit that the keyboard on the z30 is growing on me, just need a little time:-) I also really hope that BBM grows in popularity now that it has gone cross platform.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 12:51 PM
    Been a couple of days with the Z30 now but I have to admit that I've been cheating. Can't seem to let go of the Q10. I enjoy the big screen on the Z but the phone itself feels to big. The Q feels much better than the hand and is much better one handed of course. Anyone else struggling to convert to the big screen?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 05:29 PM
    I enjoy the larger screen of the Z30 compared to the Z10. I find typing easier on the Z30 because of my finger size. As far as using the phones, my preference is for the Z30 overall.

The only better thing I find with the Z10 is it is easier to operate with one hand. Since I have the Z30, I don't carry around my Playbook as often. The Z30 works very much like a small tablet for me. The dual speakers in the Z30 make for better built in sound. I have both the Z10 and the Z30 activated. I cloned both phones to each other for all my files and contacts. I needed two mobile phones because of my work load, and the way I have to work.

As for the operating system and the applications the Z10 and Z30 are very identical from what I found. They both together work over Bluetooth with the Blackberry HS-700 earphone. They both work very nicely with the Bluetooth hands-free system in the car.
    03-12-14 09:17 PM
    I am still trying to het used to the size of this phone. I also have the Q10 so it is to easy to jump backup to it. But I must say it's a gorgeus piece this Z. Fast, lovely screen, fantastic battery and the design. Well, have not used my iPhone in months since the Z, so there is something.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 04:07 PM
    Hey there, I was just wondering if you could get Nordea and Danske Bank Apps to work on your Z30? Just need to know before i get a Z10 Tackar!
    07-09-14 05:41 AM