Just received my NFC tags, programmed one to turn WiFi on and got that annoying notification pop-up informing me that the tag is trying to turn on WiFi (to which I have to click my preference to allow or disallow).

I have no check box to change this permission process next time (on software release 10.2.0.262).
    I'm hoping that once (if ever) Verizon gets around to releasing an OS update for Z30 users that an option to suppress this repetitive permission notification will become available, but I'm certainly not about to hold my breath.
    I get the idea behind the security concerns with NFC activations for certain items but it would be nice if you could 'favourite' a particular NFC tag which would then deactivate the security warning for that particular NFC tag.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 09:06 PM
    Hi. Would you share with us (me) where you bought the smart tags? Could you send the seller id, please?
    I bought some on ebay, but the Q10 states they're: � empty or unrecognized�..
    Thanks!
    12-18-13 03:36 PM
    The ones I purchased: 'TapWise' NFC nTag 10 pack from Amazon for $10.66

The tags are nTag 203 specifically.

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    12-18-13 05:06 PM
    I received my tags today, ordered from amazon. I made the mistake of putting a tag on my car dock, every time my phones wakes, it either turns off or on my bluetooth connection to my BlackBerry mini stereo speaker.

Lesson learned.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 09:33 PM
    I bought a bunch as well. Turns out they aren't compatible.... doh! I just assumed they were all made the same... I guess I should have done some research first.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:48 AM
    Right now I found I am a little disappointed with the Nfc right now.

The native smart tags app has a few things I would love to see implanted. Currently it will only allow you to launch native apps. Certain Sideloaded or andriod apps do not show up in the app list to choose from (Instagram, Jw library, etc).

It would be nice also to have a Nfc tag that launches or play a certain video. Which smart tag app doesn't offer. I tried using the shortcut me app and it wouldn't load the video.

It would also be nice for smart tags app to be able to but the phone in beside mode. (clock screen. Dim lights. And change notifications)

Those are a few suggestions I have.

Don't get me wrong Nfc is quote an awesome tool And it's awesome BlackBerry is implenting it, it be nice if BlackBerry would give the user and dev more to work with. Access to macros.

One use I have for the Nfc tag is to toggle development mode. Its on the wall by computer. I can toggle it quickly on when going to side load my apps when hooking it up to the. Computer.

I ordered my Nfc tags off eBay. From the company zipnfc. Www.zipnfc.com. I got 30 for 16.49 euro (including shipping). Which worked out to 30$ Canadian. They work great for me. I'd recommend the

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    12-22-13 01:01 AM
    I have tried shortcut me and smart tags. And I can say smart tags has a Lott more features. It has better access to the settings. Where shortcutme has the basic features. I haven't fully played around with it that much but I intend to. (Nothing against the developer of shortcutme, he's do the best he can with out access to macros)

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 01:04 AM
    For those wondering. I read on the other thread that andriod apps do not have access to Nfc api's. So they wouldn't be able to write or read the tags. Hopefully in the feature something that will be further looked into

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 01:07 AM
    Can anyone running the latest leak 10.2.1.1259, confirm if NFC reads tags when the phone is locked or the screen is blank? It doesn't appear to be working for me.

Thanks,
    J...
    12-23-13 09:58 AM
    Wow, very eye-opening thread! I, like some others, had never even thought of the non-monetary uses like some have listed!

I'm placing an order on tagger.ca for a 10-pack...I'll post here once I've had time to get a few set up for different things

Going to be fun! LOL
    12-23-13 03:38 PM
    Can anyone running the latest leak 10.2.1.1259, confirm if NFC reads tags when the phone is locked or the screen is blank? It doesn't appear to be working for me.

Thanks,
    J...
    I was just coming on here to see if anybody else got it working when the phone is locked or off. Doesn't work for me either.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:07 PM

Thanks,
    J...
    He have you checked your Nfc settings. I thought in the settings page it had an option to allow Nfc when locked or in holster. It might be turned to no or off

Proud owner of bbz30 and bb PlayBook.
    12-24-13 10:34 AM
    Hi,

I have a Z30 for couple of weeks and I'm really enjoying it. I also have NFC tags around my home. I'm just wondering if there is some way to turn mobile into the Sleep Mode by NFC tag?
    I think this would be the functionality I'd use most.

Thanks
    12-25-13 04:59 AM
    He have you checked your Nfc settings. I thought in the settings page it had an option to allow Nfc when locked or in holster. It might be turned to no or off

I have verified those settings are on. No go.

Have now upgraded to. 1925 and still having the same problem.

I just want to know if it is just me or a bug.

Merry Christmas,
    Jason

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 06:07 AM
    Hi,

I have a Z30 for couple of weeks and I'm really enjoying it. I also have NFC tags around my home. I'm just wondering if there is some way to turn mobile into the Sleep Mode by NFC tag?
    I think this would be the functionality I'd use most.

Thanks
    Hey, unfortunately they don't have an option for beside mode all in one. What you need to do is create a tag with multiple settings. For example this is what I do. I have too tags on my night stand. Using the smart tag app

Tag 1:
    -turn off bluetooth
    -change notifications to phone only
    -launch clock

Tag 2:
    -enable bluetooth
    -change notifications back to vibrate only
    -and launch weather app

Those are my settings. I know others will turn off wifi, network,..etc. If you use the normal notification profile you can just use the option to toggle it on or off.

It is a bit of a work around but I find it still works out good. You also have a bit more options when you do it the work around way.

12-25-13 08:34 AM
    I have verified those settings are on. No go.

Have now upgraded to. 1925 and still having the same problem.

I just want to know if it is just me or a bug.

Merry Christmas,
    Jason

Posted via CB10
    Hey jason,

I just upgraded my os last night so didn't have a chance to try and test it yesterday. But I can confirm that it doesn't work for me either. The phone has to be unlocked for it to work. Even of your settings allow it

Cheers
    Dave

12-25-13 08:39 AM
    Hey, unfortunately they don't have an option for beside mode all in one. What you need to do is create a tag with multiple settings. For example this is what I do. I have too tags on my night stand. Using the smart tag app

Tag 1:
    -turn off bluetooth
    -change notifications to phone only
    -launch clock

Tag 2:
    -enable bluetooth
    -change notifications back to vibrate only
    -and launch weather app

Those are my settings. I know others will turn off wifi, network,..etc. If you use the normal notification profile you can just use the option to toggle it on or off.

It is a bit of a work around but I find it still works out good. You also have a bit more options when you do it the work around way.

Hi,

thanks for you answer. This is what I do - I have a one tag which is switching notifications and alarm clock on/off, but still it doesn't run the red clocks on the screen which is pity.
    May be in the next release
    12-25-13 09:43 AM
    Yeah I hope so too. But I have a feeling it's more of the smart tags app needs the update not the o/s. I'm also waiting g for the ability to launch android or Sideloaded bar apps. And also launch or play a video from the Nfc tag

12-25-13 11:00 AM
    FYI. Tagger.ca has 60%off store wide tomorrow.

Jason

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 08:23 PM
    Thanks for the tip...

Jason

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 01:47 PM

Jason

Posted via CB10
    Tags ordered, thanks for the tip

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:29 PM
    Just went to the smart tags app and now it is showing the Sideloaded apps and also the android apps. When you use the smart triggers launch app function.

Also tried using shortcutme app and was able to create a Nfc tag to launch a specific video file.

Totally a hundred percent satisfied with bbz30 Nfc app and it's functionality

12-28-13 09:49 AM
    hello there... i bought some tags as well and i have used them for a couple of things here and there... question, do you know an app that can send a txt? smart tags can create the txt and put the recipient, but you still need to send the txt... do you know one that you only need to tap the tag and will send the previously created txt to a particular recipient, without any other interaction? thanks!
    01-12-14 06:09 PM
73 123