Has anyone had this problem as well. All my pictures unless I can get items to hold still are all Blurry?

#luvmybb10os
    11-07-16 12:41 PM
    I had the same problem on my Passport. You need a new camera
    11-07-16 12:44 PM
    Make sure the lighting is good or whatever is being photographed is close enough for the camera flash to be effective.
    Make sure you allow the camera to focus fully, the centering markers turn from white to green, before you take the picture. If you don't get the centering markers move the camera off the subject and back onto it so the sensors detect a change requiring centering and focus.
    If you got the shakes or are moving in relation to what you are photographing, it is hard to get a good focus, so try and steady yourself and/or the Z30.
    11-08-16 11:20 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion I will give them a try

#luvmybb10os
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    11-08-16 01:32 PM
    I get great pictures out of my Z30, but my wife's Z30 routinely takes blurry pictures. We both believe it's because she's dropped hers a thousand times and probably hosed the camera.

If all else fails you could consider replacing the camera. A new OEM replacement is less than $6 from etradesupply but of course you'll pay shipping as well; if they're stocking it in China the shipping will easily be more than the camera. It's not a difficult job to replace the rear-facing camera if you're reasonably experienced with working on small electronics. In other words if you can do a Z30 screen replacement (easy), you can almost surely do a Z30 rear camera replacement.

Richard
    11-09-16 10:30 AM
    Unfortunately, it's an OS problem and it can't be solved. I have accepted my fate

Posted with my awesome Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    11-10-16 02:51 PM
    I take blurry pictures too but I try to stay steady and patient before taking snapshots. Sometimes the results are great, other times, not...but I never let it bother me.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 01:17 PM
    yes!!! went to a Green Day concert and was about 20 feet away from Billie Joe Armstrong snapping away pictures with my Z30 and all the pictures turned out either blurry or it looked like I was 100 feet away. So disappointed.
    11-12-16 06:13 PM
    Unfortunately, it's an OS problem and it can't be solved. I have accepted my fate

These kinds of blanket statements really puzzle me, because I've taken thousands of perfectly good pictures with my Z30.

And my wife's takes some good ones...sometimes.

I believe many of the participants in this currently 96 page long thread full of pictures taken with Z30's might disagree with you on it simply being an OS problem: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...our-z30-868517

Richard
    11-13-16 09:41 AM
    So it just stared todsay. But I get an error 10 when trying to view photos.

#luvmybb10os
    11-14-16 09:54 PM
    These kinds of blanket statements really puzzle me, because I've taken thousands of perfectly good pictures with my Z30.

And my wife's takes some good ones...sometimes.

I believe many of the participants in this currently 96 page long thread full of pictures taken with Z30's might disagree with you on it simply being an OS problem: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...our-z30-868517

Richard
    Well it doesn't affect everyone. But it's an OS problem for those it affects and it can't be fixed.

11-15-16 01:07 AM
    So it just stared todsay. But I get an error 10 when trying to view photos.

#luvmybb10os
    Restart your Z30, wait five minutes after it has booted up, then try to view the photos.
    11-15-16 04:18 AM
    I actually just started to get another problem. My pictures won't display.
    Blurry z30 photos-img_20161114_194248.png

#luvmybb10os
    11-15-16 08:49 AM
    Did you try a restart?
    If so and it is still acting up, try a Soft Reset:
    1. Press and Hold the Volume Up and Down buttons at the same time, you will know if you pressed them at the same time as you will see a Screen Shot notification, hold the buttons for more than ten seconds and then release them.
    2. The Device will shut down and restart on it's own.
    3. After it has restarted, wait five minutes, and then check to see if the issue persists.

A Soft Reset is the same as a Hard Reset aka Battery Pull for a non-removable battery BlackBerry device.
    What is does is deletes all caches, empties running memory, shuts down all background apps and services, and then power off then on the device which generally clears up any bugged apps or corrupted caches. It does not delete any files, settings, apps, contacts, or messages.
    NOTE: It is normal for the device to be sluggish and glitchy for up to five minutes after a Hard/Soft Reset as the system is working hard restarting background apps and services and rebuilding caches, so it is best to just let is sit fro five minutes before continuing to trouble shoot.

The likely reason you can't see the photos or files is because the BlackBerry apps do not have direct access to files stored on the internal or SD card memory, they only have access to caches of those files which are created by the core system, of which does have direct access. If the apps get buggy or the caches get corrupted, you will have the symptoms you are experiencing even though the files are still intact.
    11-15-16 09:00 AM
    I did a reset but no change. I will try soft reset.

#luvmybb10os
    11-15-16 10:34 AM
    Well it doesn't affect everyone. But it's an OS problem for those it affects and it can't be fixed.

I don't mean to badger you but could you qualify that statement? If it's an OS problem, which OS specifically, and why can't it be updated to a different OS?

Richard
    11-15-16 11:10 AM
    I don't mean to badger you but could you qualify that statement? If it's an OS problem, which OS specifically, and why can't it be updated to a different OS?

Richard
    Because it depends on your provider too. 2639 is a bit older.

Posted through my BlackBerry
    11-15-16 01:21 PM
    I'm sorry but I think it's an incorrect statement to blame it on the OS. I've had Z30's for years now through several OS's and not seen a blurry picture issue with mine yet. As said earlier wife's developed the problem later but it's been dropped many times. Unless someone can cite some very clear specifics about which OS and several others corroborate it, I think it's a cop-out to just shrug and say it's an OS problem.

Richard
    11-16-16 09:14 AM
    Ya so soft reset fixed it. I can display photo. But some of my videos are gone now?

#luvmybb10os
    11-16-16 09:37 AM
    Ya so soft reset fixed it. I can display photo. But some of my videos are gone now? #luvmybb10os
    Are the files that are missing on the SD card or Device memory?
    Is the SD card or Device memory encrypted in Settings/Security and Privacy/Encryption?
    11-16-16 10:58 AM
    Are the files that are missing on the SD card or Device memory?
    Is the SD card or Device memory encrypted in Settings/Security and Privacy/Encryption?
    They are on SD. I didn't encrypt it. I might have to pull it out and put it in computer. I took some pictures today I don't know where they have been saved. They are not being displayed in photos
    Update. Ya not able to view media card

#luvmybb10os
    11-16-16 01:13 PM
    They are on SD. I didn't encrypt it. I might have to pull it out and put it in computer. I took some pictures today I don't know where they have been saved. They are not being displayed in photos
    Update. Ya not able to view media card

#luvmybb10os
    Try this:
    Remove the rear cover.
    Eject the SD card.
    Perform a Soft Reset.
    Wait five minutes after it has booted back up.
    Open the native Pictures and Videos apps, you should see nothing in each or only the items that are in Device Memory.
    Close the Videos app, leave the Pictures app open.
    Reinsert the SD card.
    After a few seconds, you should get a SD Card notice pop up and then shortly after that the upper edge of the Pictures screen should drop down and show Scanning SD Card.... with a progress bar.
    Let the bar fill up, then see if the missing things are back.
    11-16-16 02:56 PM
    Try this:
    Remove the rear cover.
    Eject the SD card.
    Perform a Soft Reset.
    Wait five minutes after it has booted back up.
    Open the native Pictures and Videos apps, you should see nothing in each or only the items that are in Device Memory.
    Close the Videos app, leave the Pictures app open.
    Reinsert the SD card.
    After a few seconds, you should get a SD Card notice pop up and then shortly after that the upper edge of the Pictures screen should drop down and show Scanning SD Card.... with a progress bar.
    Let the bar fill up, then see if the missing things are back.
    Ya I did all that and it scans card and nothing appears. It's wierd it sees the card, see the is has stuff on it. But won't display. I am going to put it in my computer and back it up the format it and see if that fixes it.

#luvmybb10os
    11-16-16 06:37 PM