Anyone else have your Z30 just go to full blue screen till you hold powered button to reset? Might of restarted on its own I don't know.

I was sending pics on BBM and hit send and big Blue slapped me in my face with kinda resist outline. Thought I was on Windows or something.

I'm on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 10:36 AM
    Wow. After reboot I went I to BBM and tried to send the pic and it did it again.

This time I just set phone down and it restarted itself.

I'm gonna hold in both volume buttons and do a hard reset.

I don't care for the stability of this OS version. My phone just isn't the same.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 10:45 AM
    I have no idea what happening but I got the BlackBerry icon top right. Doesn't this mean your connected to BES or something? I don't recall seeing the little BlackBerry symbol top of my screen before. My battery has taken a big hit also.

I'm a unlimited data customer so I have my Wi-Fi off always.

I'm gonna run to my car and get my Z10 see if that has the BlackBerry logo top right.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 376617
    10-20-15 11:07 AM
    The symbol means you are connected to BlackBerry Services, or BIS (legacy devices) / BES (work provided, enterprise managed devices).
    For your Z30 and Z10, it means you have access to BlackBerry Services needed to run BBM, BlackBerry Protect, and a couple other thingies.

As for your BSOD, the soft reset (volume buttons thing) should fix that.

What exact OS are you running?
    10-20-15 11:23 AM
    Mine did it last week for the first time, I opened Mine craft and bang it went; it was fine after force turning it off

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    10-20-15 11:27 AM
    Both my Verizon phones have it. I did a reset and still there.

I just never noticed it before.
    Blue screen of death my first-img_20151020_124336.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 11:47 AM
    It's meant to be there when you have a data connection lol
    Blue screen of death my first-img_20151020_180142.png

10-20-15 12:02 PM
    It's meant to be there when you have a data connection lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151020_180142.png 
Views:	1656 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	376637

My "connection" is the 4GLTE

I always thought that BlackBerry symbol was there if you connected to Wi-Fi . I never ever use Wi-Fi and don't remember those being there.

I never had blue screen of death.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 12:20 PM

I always thought that BlackBerry symbol was there if you connected to Wi-Fi . I never ever use Wi-Fi and don't remember those being there.

Posted via CB10
    Yup it's always there...

You wouldn't be able to BBM if you didn't have that symbol.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    10-20-15 12:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    The BB symbol is there IF you have a data connection, whether it be 4GLTE or wifi
    If it isn't there, it means you can't us BBM, or other BB related services
    10-20-15 12:34 PM
    The BB symbol is there IF you have a data connection, whether it be 4GLTE or wifi
    If it isn't there, it means you can't us BBM, or other BB related services
    Thanks everyone for setting me straight. Just looked at a couple old screen shots and they have always been there upper right. I must be getting old and losing my mind.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 12:44 PM
    Both my Verizon phones have it. I did a reset and still there.

I just never noticed it before.

Posted via CB10
    Just FYI, in case you didn't know, if you press both the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time, it takes a screen shot of your screen, including the status bar (stuff at the top edge). The shots are saved to device memory in the Camera folder.
    That way you don't need to use your other BlackBerry to photo the first one
    10-20-15 12:59 PM
    A few days ago the same thing happened to me. It was also the first time I saw the blue screen. I was doing the same thing you did, I was in BBM and trying take a picture to send. The screen went blue when I tapped the button to take a picture. I was surprised since this was the first time this has happened. I was sure my Z30 was dead. I just restarted the phone using the volume rockers. And the picture wasn't recorded either. I haven't had any problems since then.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 11:40 AM
    Blue screens of death are a MS Windows thing. You two bumped into a bug in the camera/screen that force rebooted the device.

I'd consider sending it in for a hardware checkup.
    10-21-15 02:28 PM
    Blue screens of death are a MS Windows thing. You two bumped into a bug in the camera/screen that force rebooted the device.

I'd consider sending it in for a hardware checkup.
    As for it being a Windows thing I'm gonna call it a BlackBerry thing. Windows blue screens went out in 98' .

How about an update to fix the issues. This is an OS issue after we did the update I'm thinking. Dictionary words won't save either as you type. No more three times and it saves it. Sux

I do t believe it's a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 04:14 PM
    To be more specific about the blue screen and BBM.

Both times I had blue screen was when I went to send a pic and I hit the camera to take the pic.

No blue screens of death so far after a soft reset I think it's called

A few days ago the same thing happened to me. It was also the first time I saw the blue screen. I was doing the same thing you did, I was in BBM and trying take a picture to send. The screen went blue when I tapped the button to take a picture. I was surprised since this was the first time this has happened. I was sure my Z30 was dead. I just restarted the phone using the volume rockers. And the picture wasn't recorded either. I haven't had any problems since then.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 04:16 PM
    As for it being a Windows thing I'm gonna call it a BlackBerry thing. Windows blue screens went out in 98' .

How about an update to fix the issues. This is an OS issue after we did the update I'm thinking. Dictionary words won't save either as you type. No more three times and it saves it. Sux

Posted via CB10
    I had a Windows 10 blue screen last month :P

10-21-15 04:37 PM
    I've had it many times on my Z30. It's related to BBM and pictures.

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    10-21-15 04:40 PM
    It's not related to any App in particular ^

10-21-15 05:09 PM
    As for it being a Windows thing I'm gonna call it a BlackBerry thing. Windows blue screens went out in 98'
    Call it what you will. But if you google it you'll find that even Windows 10 has such feature. You won't find BB listed though. You happen too have a bug that looks like it, that's all.

I'd love to see the bugs fixed. And I think this is either a bug on your device or a hardware issue. If you want to rule out sortware, wipe the device and see if the issue continues. If it does, it's a hardware issue (as I think it is).

You don't have to. Test and find out. I have provided a way (you may want to backup but be advised restoring a backup when you have a software bug actve will likely restore the bug).

You can test or you can bash against the idea like you were doing with the presence of the BB dots on top right. Up to you, just trying to help here.

Both times I had blue screen was when I went to send a pic and I hit the camera to take the pic.
    That's good. So it looks like it was a software issue. Let's hope it stays this way.
    baspeed likes this.
    10-22-15 06:49 AM
    I got this screen last Saturday. Not sure what button press combination caused it but holding down the power button initiated reboot. I was worried for a bit though.

Blue screen of death my first-img_20151018_183204.png

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    10-23-15 12:45 PM
    I got this screen last Saturday. Not sure what button press combination caused it but holding down the power button initiated reboot. I was worried for a bit though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151018_183204.png 
Views:	493 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	377176

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    Either Both volume or power will reboot it, or soft reset as some call it

diegonei likes this.
    10-23-15 12:55 PM
    Either Both volume or power will reboot it, or soft reset as some call it
    Correct. The proper way to battery pull on BB100 devices.
    10-23-15 04:30 PM
    Unless they freeze up and the power buttons don't work. Then you wait til the battery dies for a reboot lol.
    Happen to me and foze up on the Verizon screen.

Correct. The proper way to battery pull on BB100 devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 07:04 AM
    Unless they freeze up and the power buttons don't work. Then you wait til the battery dies for a reboot lol.
    Happen to me and foze up on the Verizon screen.
    And you are not convinced you have a hardware issue yet?
    10-24-15 04:14 PM
42 12