I posted this elsewhere about a week ago and got no reply so I will move it here!

In Blend, both on my Win7 computer and on my Android Tab S I get two copies of each email that I get. One of the entries looks like an envelope while the other looks like a File Folder. They appear to contain identical content.

I have highlighted the matching pairs - email envelope and file-folder in the attached screen capture of the hub. Anyone know how to clean this up and only have ONE whatever for each email? Something obvious that I missed?

Blend: Why do I have TWO entries for each email that I get.  See the image below-hub01.jpg
    08-13-15 10:35 AM
    Could those messages by chance be to one of your Gmail accounts, and have labels applied to them? If so, since BB10 reads Gmail labels as "file folders" I believe your device is reading a copy in the inbox and one as filed.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-13-15 11:56 AM
    Could those messages by chance be to one of your Gmail accounts, and have labels applied to them? If so, since BB10 reads Gmail labels as "file folders" I believe your device is reading a copy in the inbox and one as filed.

They are Gmail accounts. But I don't know "from labels!" I don't recall doing anything to create labels???? I will look around Gmail settings but if you can clue me in, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
    08-13-15 01:45 PM
    I get the same thing with a few emails but not all of them. I don't use Blend though.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 02:11 PM
    They are Gmail accounts. But I don't know "from labels!" I don't recall doing anything to create labels???? I will look around Gmail settings but if you can clue me in, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Well, if you're not familiar with labels, that probably isn't it.

Labels can be created to organize your Gmail, like folders in other email systems. But, more than one label can be applied to a message. Example: I just bought a new NAS from Amazon. I labelled the email confirmation I received as "E-comm" where I track my purchases, and "Tech" which tracks tech-specific items.

Here's the Gmail link about labels. https://support.google.com/mail/answ...598&authuser=0

I've tried to recreate your issue with different combinations of read/unread, labelled/archived, conversation style vs. single messages. No dice. I'm stumped.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-13-15 03:55 PM
    I just went into Labels and UNselected a bunch of boxes. Let's see what happens.

I do appreciate your input. I think I posted this to a bbm group or two a while back but no one had any ideas.
    08-13-15 06:39 PM
    I made huge list of weird stuff Gmail does that messes with standard IMAP using devices like BlackBerry, somewhere on Remember, lemme look.

Edit: the basic gist of it is this: any label Gmail applies, even it's own invention, the "importance marker" is automatically shared via their IMAP settings as if it were a Folder.
    And the kicker is: they automatically apply those kinds of labels so it appears semi-randomly.

BlackBerry like any reasonable IMAP interpreter says: hey each folder must be an individual email. When really Gmail's Labels work differently.

So if you do not turn them off from the Sync'ed folders list, or turn them of on Gmail's end, they will show up multiple times in the view Blend uses as well as on Conversation View on your device.

Turning them off from Gmail's end can be a big p.i.t.a. Pretty much only via work arounds can you get rid of all of them.

Edit2: this is what I wrote before:
    Disable Gmail's useless Category tabs (from desktop/webbrowser):
    Gmail Settings → Labels: set "Hide" for all items under Categories.
    Gmail Settings → Inbox: Select Priority Inbox. Select whatever sections you want (I have "Unread/Starred/Everything Else"[this last one is for �ll Read+Unlabeled mail]).
    You end up with an old trusted Inbox view again, still with plenty of customisation available.
    _____

Disable Gmail's Automatic Importance Nonsense detectors:
    Gmail Settings → Inbox: Select "No Markers".
    Gmail Settings → Filters: Create a new Filter. Under "Doesn't have" put !@#$%^&*(). Create Filter with this search → Check "Never mark as important". Create Filter.
    Gmail Settings → Filters: Create a new Filter. Under "Doesn't have" put !@#$%^&*(). Create Filter with this search → Set "Categorise as Personal". Create Filter.
    Since no legitimate emails should ever contain the phrase "!@#$%^&*()", this makes sure no mail is ever marked as Important and no mail is ever assigned to those useless category folders (social, updates, etc.).
    _____

My personal advice finally:
    Gmail Settings → Labels: Uncheck "Show in IMAP" for "Starred", "Important", "Chats", "All Mail", "Spam".
    If you set the rest of the settings the way I did, I believe you can still Search for/find all your mails after you do this. All it does is prevent duplicates from showing (for example in Conversation View or Search).
    Still seeing duplicates? This is another Gmail issue when you have assigned multiple Labels. IMAP connections see those as separate Folders/items, so they are shown multiple times.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed | BB Social → C0007CC89
    FF22 likes this.
    08-13-15 06:42 PM
    I just went into Labels and UNselected a bunch of boxes. Let's see what happens.

I do appreciate your input. I think I posted this to a bbm group or two a while back but no one had any ideas.
    Be sure to let me know if it works. This is bugging me now.
    08-13-15 07:04 PM
    I will report back. I guess I can send myself a slew of emails to my two gmail accounts from another account and see what happens!

MrGlenn: That's a mouthful and I will re-read it with Gmail open and see what I can discover. I really appreciate the info. While clearly not a devastating issue by any means, it just remains irritating - VERY.
    08-13-15 08:18 PM
    Reporting back. I'm not sure if UNchecking (UNselecting) the various Label options so that they were all OFF (UNselected) fixed it or something else changed (and keeping fingers crossed) but the FOLDER icons and their Duplicate email messages seem to be gone. Even scrolling back to July 31st in Blend only shows Email Envelope icons. No Folders.

Thanks for the suggestions and info.

(I hate it when the board tells me my "certificate" or somewhat has expired because I've kept a thread open in a Tab so that I can add to the thread. I have to re-find the thread and open it anew to add a new reply!!!! Ah, the problems of the modern world!))
    08-14-15 11:51 AM
    Well, the cause is still somewhat of a mystery, but I'm glad to hear the problem seems to be sorted!

Cheers
    08-14-15 12:03 PM