Can someone give the pros and cons of both? I have been hearing that these two will have good battery life which is a must have for me in a device. I am going to college, and wanted a new phone to start school with.
    10-22-13 11:40 PM
    Where are you going to college? I don't think that the Z30 is available in the states.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 11:48 PM
    Where are you going to college? I don't think that the Z30 is available in the states.

Posted via CB10
    Supposedly supposed to be coming to Verizon soon.
    10-23-13 12:51 AM
    Droid Maxx claims 21 hours talk time, Z30 claims 18 hours talk time.

Theoretically the Droid would have longer battery life (thanks to the 3500mAh battery).

In reality - hard to say without testing both devices.

I personally prefer BlackBerry 10 over Android and I'm loving the Z30's design as a whole. But it's entirely up to you!
    10-23-13 01:24 AM
    Boo, click this thread thinking there was a video!!

The Final Destination - Providing The Latest In Urban & Hip-Hop Fashion - Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    10-23-13 01:28 AM
    Pro: BlackBerry 10

Con: Android
    hazarder likes this.
    10-23-13 01:30 AM
    Droidmaxx is on gingerbread, yes? Wouldn't touch it with 30ft pole.
    Z30 is better deal, got bbm, big battery, nice screen.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-23-13 01:33 AM

Jakarta, Indonesia
    Droid is jb bro

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    10-23-13 01:38 AM

Jakarta, Indonesia
    You are thinking of the first droid razr maxx. It shipped with gingerbread and then got ice cream sandwich.

There is a new one just called the Droid Maxx.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-23-13 01:46 AM
    Oh ok JB. Still it's pre Google Motorola device, and I think not designed for JB or even kitkat. Z30 is more future proof.
    Or get moto-x

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-23-13 01:46 AM
    Can you give specific reasons why Android is a con?
    10-23-13 06:07 AM
    Oh ok JB. Still it's pre Google Motorola device, and I think not designed for JB or even kitkat. Z30 is more future proof.
    Or get moto-x

Jakarta, Indonesia
    The Moto X does not have the battery life of the Droid Maxx, nor wireless charging or 32 GB of memory on Verizon.
    10-23-13 06:09 AM
    Pro: BlackBerry 10

Con: Android
    Why is Android a con?
    10-23-13 06:10 AM
    Droid Maxx claims 21 hours talk time, Z30 claims 18 hours talk time.

Theoretically the Droid would have longer battery life (thanks to the 3500mAh battery).

In reality - hard to say without testing both devices.

I personally prefer BlackBerry 10 over Android and I'm loving the Z30's design as a whole. But it's entirely up to you!
    Can you give your pros and cons based on what you know on these devices?
    10-23-13 06:11 AM
    Why is Android a con?
    its not really. Both OS's have their pros and cons. You asked about battery life and by looking at the specs and such I would say the Maxx will win out considering I get basically the same battery life on my Z10 as my N4.
    10-23-13 06:15 AM
    Why is Android a con?
    People have different preferences. The Nexus 5 is going to be slick (although it's not one of your choices). I'm a fan of the vanilla Android experience. I find that the skins tend to slow down the experience just a tad.

I'd pick the Z30 over anything non Nexus, including the Maxx. I'd have to seriously think about getting the Z30 over the Nexus 5 though. Just my opinion

Posted with my Q10!
    10-23-13 09:53 AM
    People have different preferences. The Nexus 5 is going to be slick (although it's not one of your choices). I'm a fan of the vanilla Android experience. I find that the skins tend to slow down the experience just a tad.

I'd pick the Z30 over anything non Nexus, including the Maxx. I'd have to seriously think about getting the Z30 over the Nexus 5 though. Just my opinion

Posted with my Q10!
    My friends seem to be hopping the N5 train but I just feel the battery life won't be there.
    10-23-13 03:49 PM
    My friends seem to be hopping the N5 train but I just feel the battery life won't be there.
    should be the Snapdragon 800 with krait 400 cpus are designed for battery efficiency, having the same benchmark rating and the the krait 300 but optimized for better battery life. the nexus5 should be ok but its not just the cpu that pulls juice
    10-23-13 03:56 PM
    should be the Snapdragon 800 with krait 400 cpus are designed for battery efficiency, having the same benchmark rating and the the krait 300 but optimized for better battery life. the nexus5 should be ok but its not just the cpu that pulls juice
    Nexus 5 definitely won't be Droid Maxx ok.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    LWKING likes this.
    10-23-13 04:54 PM

Posted with my Q10!
    Never would I ever get a Nexus. I like staying on contract just for the fact that I pay insurance for my phone and if something happens I get a replacement. A replacement is harder to come by on prepaid (as in $$$).

10-23-13 04:55 PM
    That's the thing, every Nexus since the galaxy Nexus has had some type of battery issue. Either it's OK or downright bad. That's why I want a Z30 or a DROID Maxx, two phones who will have great battery life.

10-23-13 04:56 PM
    That's the thing, every Nexus since the galaxy Nexus has had some type of battery issue. Either it's OK or downright bad. That's why I want a Z30 or a DROID Maxx, two phones who will have great battery life.

My bias to BlackBerry will lead me to tell you to get the Z30. It's the best BlackBerry ever. It's sexier than the Droid Maxx. You can sideload Android apps that aren't there. There's the awesome battery, great speakers. And the OS is actually fun to use.

Posted with my Q10!
    10-23-13 06:23 PM
    OP . . . I know you're thinking battery life is paramount, but there are sooooooo many significant differences between these two platforms and app ecosystems that I seriously recommend that you widen your research a bit. On battery the maxx wins hands down, but you'd better look beyond that to the whole user experience / what works for you perspective. Just my two cents fwiw.
    10-23-13 06:36 PM
    OP . . . I know you're thinking battery life is paramount, but there are sooooooo many significant differences between these two platforms and app ecosystems that I seriously recommend that you widen your research a bit. On battery the maxx wins hands down, but you'd better look beyond that to the whole user experience / what works for you perspective. Just my two cents fwiw.
    I just wanted some outside opinions. I'll be fine whichever way, experience wise.

10-23-13 07:11 PM
    Okay, I don't own either, but I will say this. The BlackBerry Interface is very easy to use once you know where things are. I find Android a little complex though there are definitely things about it that I like.

When it comes to hardware both of them are fairly evenly matched as they both have nice build quality, similar screens, huge battery's and are both great for media consumption.

The Z30 has its advantage with its onscreen keyboard(I have yet to find a better keyboard onscreen than the BlackBerry keyboard) and the Motorola has the better battery(best on market).

Motorola has advantage in support(Android has Google backing it, and a superior app selection).

Really though what it will come down too is you. Do you need the apps? Do you want a simple communication device? Neither is deficient in either area but both clearly have strengths in one direction over the other.
    10-23-13 07:12 PM
31 12