I'm considering a (Verizon) contract upgrade from a Bold 9930 to a Z30. $199 at local carrier vs. $99 at Amazon. Just wondering if I should watch out for potential differences in the phones... older serial #'s, re-worked return phones, from foreign inventory, etc. If necessary, will pay the extra $100 to ensure that I get the latest build. I appreciate any comments. Thanks!
    12-18-13 12:12 AM
    I was just looking at this same thing. Going to be following this thread closely.
    12-18-13 01:24 AM
    I got my Z30 through Amazon and purchased it via the same $99.00 deal you're talking about, and I haven't had any problems, whatsoever.

The only thing that kind of got my attention was the condition of the Z30's box the device comes in. It appeared to be a bit more scuffed-up than what I'm used to, since I typically go into a store to upgrade.

Regardless, the device was in brand new condition, had all of the proper accessories, and it's been the best BlackBerry I've ever owned. I absolutely love it!

If you have any questions before you make your order through Amazon, call their customer support and see if they can give you more details about the device's origins. They work with a lot of mobile resellers, and it doesn't hurt to feel good that you're buying from a reputable one.

Enjoy!!

Posted from my Z30...
    world saviour likes this.
    12-18-13 06:08 AM
    I'll second Marcus, I bought 2 from Amazon last week. Both were in new condition and are running great. I love this phone, as does my wife. I was concerned ordering a phone from Amazon as I have never done anything but go to the store and buy one. Since that wasn't an option with this release, I took a shot. Glad I did, it was like a two for one deal at that price.
    codeslinga likes this.
    12-18-13 10:27 AM
    One other thing to consider, when purchasing through Amazon they also waive the activation fee (for new customers), bringing the total to, $62.49. Going to have to really consider not waiting for current sprint contract to expire.
    Last edited by world saviour; 12-18-13 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added info
    12-18-13 11:01 AM
    MJ151,

It doesn't look like I have an option with the Z30 either... I visited my local Verizon store today and they don't have a single Z30 in inventory, just the one display unit. The salesman stated that they haven't sold a single unit since release. Ha! I'm not that stupid... how can they sell any units if they don't even carry them in inventory? Pretty sad! What gives Verizon?

More positively, I believe in the product and will purchase a Z30... and am leaning toward the Amazon route (vs. Verizon online) after today. It looks like the upgrade plans and pricing are essentially the same at Amazon (Verizon) vs. Verizon directly.

Thanks for all the replies!
    MJ151 likes this.
    12-18-13 04:49 PM
    Actually, if you're doing a upgrade, you'll be routed to an interface that will ensure the Amazon process includes Verizon-specific provisioning, so you may wind-up with the data plan you want?

I didn't have to change a thing, and my data plan was the same after the upgrade as it was pre-upgrade (with my Z10).

Posted from my Z30...
    12-18-13 05:56 PM
    For those who purchased Amazon (Verizon), did Verizon allow the phones to be covered with a Verizon warranty? Looked online today and had achat with a Verizon rep who said Verizon could not offer a warranty for the Amazon cell phones. Anyone else experience this?
    12-18-13 10:03 PM
    Ask the amazon seller who the service organization shall be, for all the phones they sell.

I bought a new phone from a stranger. I knew that I took a risk because it might not be serviced by him later if it needs service.

Posted via CB10
    world saviour likes this.
    12-18-13 11:01 PM
    World Savior, yes it's covered with a Verizon plan. I pay $8 per month and I just checked and it is on my Verizon account for both phones. you can go all the way to just before you pay and and see all of the option including warranty and replacement coverage. I did this numerous times before I finally hit the check out button.
    codeslinga and world saviour like this.
    12-19-13 11:03 AM
    Did the Z30 you purchased through Amazon (with Verizon plan) have the Verizon Wireless logo on the top left side of the phone? I ask because I read on Crackberry about one of the accessory Z30 cases... and a comment mentions that the Verizon Wireless Z30 model is actually slightly smaller than other Z30's (causing it to be loose in the case). Can this be true? If so, seems odd, and why would the VZW unit be slightly smaller?
    Last edited by btk_1; 12-20-13 at 04:52 PM.
    12-20-13 03:45 PM
    Did the Z30 you purchased through Amazon (with Verizon plan) have the Verizon Wireless logo on the top left side of the phone? I ask because I read on Crackberry about one of the accessory Z30 cases... and a comment mentions that the Verizon Wireless Z30 model is actually slightly smaller than other Z30's (causing it to be loose in the case). Can this be true? If so, seems odd, and why would the VZW unit be slightly smaller?
    Yes, it does have the Verizon Wireless logo on the top left. That part is indeed consistent with the branding of the Z10.

As for the size of the Z30, that comment you read appears to be accurate. I purchased one of the flip cases for my Z30, and I experienced -EXACTLY- what the other user described in their post: the phone simply will not snap-in to the back of the case, as it appears to be one or two mm's smaller all the way around, and the case's anchor points won't snap onto the device's corresponding anchor points.

That case is useless to me, now. Money down the drain.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z30 super phone...
    12-21-13 07:13 AM
    Make sure you know exactly what you are purchasing. I bought an unlocked Z10 and when it arrived it was a UK version. I'm in the US. No where is in description did it say this. I had to return it, it wouldn't recognize my SIM card. Amazon was very helpful with the return.
    12-21-13 07:39 AM