i moved from iPhone and android to the z30 which i personally think is the best smartphone on the market .

best design, best quality , best os , best Battery life

i just cannot understand why blackberry ie Interim CEO John Chen thinks the future of BB still lies in Physical-Keyboard. WTF .

If that's the case sorry to say but BB will soon be like NOKIA .
    01-07-14 11:23 AM
    Well, Sir. I congratulate you for making the right decision.

But, have you tried the Q10? After the Z30, it's the Q10 which provides full STAR POWER and a work-horse of a device.

Seriously, have you tried the Q10 before making such a statement?
    BroncoVAL and CerveloJohn like this.
    01-07-14 11:27 AM
    i moved from iPhone and android to the z30 which i personally think is the best smartphone on the market .

i just cannot understand why blackberry ie Interim CEO John Chen thinks the future of BB still lies in Physical-Keyboard. WTF .

Why don't you jump on the board, and help them out! You sure seem to speak like you know how to revive this 'dying' company........

Don't rush, I'll wait....
    01-07-14 11:29 AM
    Simple. Niche marketing. Why jump into a saturated touchscreen market when BlackBerry can monopolize on whatever remains of the physical qwerty keyboard market...

Posted via CB10
    hazarder and redantz like this.
    01-07-14 11:31 AM
    Why jump into a saturated touchscreen market
    Posted via CB10
    that where you wrong .. the market is saturated with poorly supported android device..takes forever for a manufacturer to update there device to the latest os ..

thus the reason why apple dominate the market and is such a success.. simplicity works.. K.I.S.S ( keep it simple s***)

my first hand at using a blackberry and really impressed on how the software bb10 is so well optimized for the hardware (ie 230) ... therefore it makes sense to invest it what works . .. the lack of apps is a problem ..hopefully should be resolved in the next bb os release .

leaks bb1o os only damages the company reputation.. ie ( unsure of what they doing etc)

like i said i'm a new user to blackberry and wants the company to succeed .. Lots of company have remain stubborn and not evolved thus there downfall.

new os on the market
    again Jolla sailfin os is a sellout
    ubuntu coming out this year
    tizen os samsung
    windows os ie NOKIA

when i went to Vodafone UK to upgrade the salesman laugh at me for buying a BB and was offering me a Samsung note 3 with the Samsung watch for the same price . my Main reason for trying it out was due to the screen size , battery life , build quality and soon to be availability of apk .
    01-07-14 03:12 PM
    that where you wrong .. the market is saturated with poorly supported android device..takes forever for a manufacturer to update there device to the latest os ..

thus the reason why apple dominate the market and is such a success.. simplicity works.. K.I.S.S ( keep it simple s***)

my first hand at using a blackberry and really impressed on how the software bb10 is so well optimized for the hardware (ie 230) ... therefore it makes sense to invest it what works . .. the lack of apps is a problem ..hopefully should be resolved in the next bb os release .

leaks bb1o os only damages the company reputation.. ie ( unsure of what they doing etc)

like i said i'm a new user to blackberry and wants the company to succeed .. Lots of company have remain stubborn and not evolved thus there downfall.

new os on the market
    again Jolla sailfin os is a sellout
    ubuntu coming out this year
    tizen os samsung
    windows os ie NOKIA

when i went to Vodafone UK to upgrade the salesman laugh at me for buying a BB and was offering me a Samsung note 3 with the Samsung watch for the same price . my Main reason for trying it out was due to the screen size , battery life , build quality and soon to be availability of apk .
    However poorly built the devices may be, they are cheaper to make and individuals are buying them. At this point, it doesn't matter how cheaply BlackBerry creates a touchscreen device, the market wants no parts of it because it is a BlackBerry.

In order for BlackBerry to compete in the touchscreen market, it has to innovate. However, at the moment, you have Samsung, Apple, HTC, and Nokia putting out great devices. There isn't as much forward thinking at the moment and the market is waiting for the next big innovative leap. BlackBerries problem with the Z10 and Z30 is that it isn't offering anything that the other manufacturers are not.

Additionally, there is a major push of ecosystems. BlackBerry can't seem to gain any traction as a competitive ecosystem. People see no reason to buy a touchscreen BlackBerry device with amazing battery life if they can't have simple access to apps they deem important to them.

I think Chen is willing to allow the brand to evolve. He just doesn't see touchscreen devices as the evolution for it. Just because a device has a keyboard doesn't mean it can't be a stellar device.
    Last edited by Amy wineBerry; 01-07-14 at 06:55 PM.
    01-07-14 03:36 PM
    BlackBerry will innovate in the area of battery life and power consumption management.

BlackBerry 10 is already the best mobile computing OS available, and the Z30 has the best battery life using status quo tech. I think the next big area of real innovation is battery technology and new charging methods. Perpetual and solar solutions currently exist. BlackBerry also has a patent for a fuel cell battery.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 04:39 PM
    BlackBerry has:
    - an OS
    - an echo system
    - devices
    - unparalleled security
    - unparalleled enterprise presence and experience in regulated industry
    - TONS of potential

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 04:40 PM
    I want my Z30 to have a Bold 9900's keyboard. That would be a seriously mean m****f****r of a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    01-07-14 06:04 PM
    I want my Z30 to have a Bold 9900's keyboard. That would be a seriously mean m****f****r of a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    Q30! Q30! Q30!

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    Morty2264 and LuisCast like this.
    01-07-14 06:05 PM
    I think it is important to have both. Keyboard has limited market. I was a keyboard user before and now have z10. I don't look back.

Best growth potential is to offer both.

A good product might be a touch screen phone with a keyboard slider.
    austriker and Morty2264 like this.
    01-07-14 06:14 PM
    Hello.

I would like to politely and civilly disagree with your opinion that keyboard devices are not a long-term future solution for BlackBerry. (Again, I am not picking a fight with you, I'm just merely stating my opinion )

BlackBerry has always been known for its physical keyboard. The very notion that there are more legacy OS devices being sold right now than BB10 products shows that there are still people who must like BlackBerry for many reasons, one of them possibly being its physical keyboard. If BlackBerry decided to stop doing this type of production, those who love physical keyboards will be stuck looking elsewhere. There is still a need for physical keyboards. Yes, we may be a dying and rare breed (Yup, I have a Q10, but even if I had a Z30 or Z10, I'd still be writing this), but we still enjoy using physical keyboards on our phones. Typo is another example. There are some IPhone users who like keyboards too (lawsuits aside).

Second, BlackBerry is actually doing a pretty cool thing, IMO, by producing both keyboard-touch and all-touch phones.I think it shows versatility that they can and do make both.

Using physical keyboards or virtual keyboards comes down to personal preferences. Some people like physical keyboards, some don't. In my opinion, making a physical keyboard and a virtual one just shows that BlackBerry is willing and able to be just as "modern" as other platforms; but also true to the keyboar diehards and to those who just enjoy using physical keyboards in general.

Also, the Nokia Lumia products are doing quite well. Nokia is a good system.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 06:41 PM
    However, poorly built the devices may be, they are cheaper to make and individuals are buying them. At this point, it doesn't matter how cheaply BlackBerry creates a touchscreen device, the market wants no parts of it because it is a BlackBerry.

In order for BlackBerry to compete in the touchscreen market, it has to innovate. However, at the moment, you have Samsung, Apple, HTC, and Nokia putting out great devices. There isn't as much forward thinking at the moment and the market is waiting for the next big innovative leap. BlackBerries problem with the Z10 and Z30 is that it isn't offering anything that the other manufacturers are not.

Additionally, there is a major push of ecosystems. BlackBerry can't seem to gain any traction as a competitive ecosystem. People see no reason to buy a touchscreen BlackBerry device with amazing battery life if they can't have simple access to apps they deem important to them.

I think Chen is willing to allow the brand to evolve. He just doesn't see touchscreen devices as the evolution for it. Just because a device has a keyboard doesn't mean it can't be a stellar device.
    Thank you for your extremely insightful and obviously very well-versed post.

Posted via CB10
    Amy wineBerry likes this.
    01-07-14 06:53 PM
    Chen said BlackBerry would 'primarily' focus on keyboard devices. There will still be all touch screens, don't worry!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 07:32 PM
    Is there a possibility of something like a torch?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 07:43 PM

Because he clearly states the focus of this company will now be enterprise, and specifically productivity. Keyboard is vital for messaging communication. This is BlackBerry's bread and butter. They need to stickk to their strengths instead of hopping on the me-too wagon. They will never win the commodity race with touch screen phones, especially because they have nothing compelling over high end androids and iphones.

The Z30, while nice, is not as well designed and built as an iphone. I hate apple with a passion, but there really is no debating the quality. Battery life is excellent on the Z30, but there are androids out there which can easily match the Z30. BB10 has potential but still some ways away from being the best OS.

Posted via CB10
    LonelyTylenoL likes this.
    01-07-14 08:03 PM
    I was a diehard qwerty guy until I got the Z10. The virtual keyboard on this thing is insane good. I don't think I could ever go back to a keyboard device

CB10'n it via da Z
    01-07-14 08:47 PM
    It's not going to be completely physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 04:45 PM
    This reads as if BlackBerry would abondon any new full-touch (high-end) developments in the future. I am pretty sure that's not the case. There have been rumors around last year that the Q10/Q5 might be the last generation of QWERTY phones. Chen's latest statements make very sure this is not the case and we'll see another keyboard flagship. The demand is there, some people even "skipped" the Q10 in order to wait for a larger screened device. By looking at the rising acceptence of larger devices, a QWERTY phone sporting at least a 3.5" screen, maybe even a 4" screen (roughly the size of a Galaxy Note) is quite possible.

The current numbers full-touch vs. QWERTY with BB10 devices are speaking for themselves, with the latter ones said to not even make 1/3 of the used devices. However the Z10 had quite a headstart in almost every country, it is especially today much cheaper. The Q5 on the other hand was too expensive to be really attractive for consumers. While the Z30 is expensive too (IMO even too expensive), it adds quite a bit compared to the Z10, making it somewhat interesting. So I think the QWERTY market can still gain quite some traction and won't die off too soon.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    01-10-14 05:35 PM
    The two next devices:

Affordable touch screen
    And
    High end with physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 05:44 PM
    Makes sense for THE NEXT 2 devices.

-high end physical keyboard
    -low end touchscreen

They just launched Z30. It wouldn't make sense to launch its successor before they have a Q10 successor.

The low end touch is needed for low cost penetration and this can be done easily through Foxconn. High end Foxconn devices would come later once any kinks are worked out in the relationship.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 07:57 PM
    Why don't you jump on the board, and help them out! You sure seem to speak like you know how to revive this 'dying' company........

Don't rush, I'll wait....
    Smh ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    01-10-14 08:02 PM
    He didn't say that all devices will have a keyboard he said that keyboards will be prominent in their phone line up. The slab is here to stay and so is the keyboard, thank you mr chen.

Posted Via Q10 Super Phone
    anon5129477 likes this.
    01-10-14 10:42 PM
    I didn't think they left

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    01-11-14 10:51 AM
    I think it is important to have both. Keyboard has limited market. I was a keyboard user before and now have z10. I don't look back.

Best growth potential is to offer both.

A good product might be a touch screen phone with a keyboard slider.
    Same here. I had both Q10 and the Z10. Sold the Q10 and kept the Z10 but do not want to see BlackBerry get rid of its niche in the world of physical keywords. Sliders r a great idea. I like the slimness of my Z10, but again would like to see BlackBerry offering three or four key choices to the market. Physical keyboard, a slider and a touch.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-11-14 11:06 AM
29 12