04-21-14 10:52 AM
146 1234 ...
tools
    Weird how some people can easily dismiss other phones' features like they're nothing. it's like they live in a cave or something. You should get out more, it's a huge world out there. It's not 2006 anymore and remember what was said about other (I)phones in 2007.
    04-19-14 10:37 PM
    Weird how some people can easily dismiss other phones' features like they're nothing. it's like they live in a cave or something. You should get out more, it's a huge world out there. It's not 2006 anymore and remember what was said about other (I)phones in 2007.
    Maybe they get out quite a bit but don't care about those features.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 10:41 PM
    where did u buy it, and how much? very interested. thanx
    04-19-14 10:53 PM
    Maybe they get out quite a bit but don't care about those features.

Posted via CB10
    Like I said, it's not 2006 anymore and dismissing other phones is so 2007
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    04-19-14 11:24 PM
    I had the GS2 but needed a new phone and the GS5 just did not appeal to me. I have grown to hate the fact Samsung has their own versions of many Google apps which I can not delete. Memory is limited and moving apps to the SD card is unreliable from my experience. My S2 ate 3 SD cards and got buggy when they started to fail. My son's Samsung same deal.

Some things work better on the Galaxy and some things work better on the Z30. The things that don't work well on the Z30 do bug me a bit because they are software and should be easy to fix, like better camera software and better integration with cloud services eg Dropbox. And a better music player. Get on it BlackBerry ASAP!

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy likes this.
    04-19-14 11:50 PM
    Meh...the S5 will most likely be similar to the S4. My S4 lags a lot and reboots often and crashes frequently (Kitkat 4.4.2). AFAIK, the camera and the SoC are the only nice improvements (HRM is stupid and in a stupid place). The Snapdragon 801 isn't that impressive...Samsung is supposed to have made a ridiculous monster device - they can certainly afford it. I wanted more than a modified Snapdragon 800 that was in the Nexus 5 and the G2. The camera is the same module from the S4 Zoom without the optical zooming. I'm sure the S5 will be decent enough for most people...I will just never recommend it over the M8, Nexus 5 or the G2.

Unfortunately, it works well enough for people to live in denial of their purchase-regret. Also, Samsung's marketing is fantastic so everybody thinks that it is great.

I would rather have the Z30 for a fair number of reasons...namely BB10 - while it lacks some features and apps, it is still nicer to use for me. The speakers and the battery life seal the deal for me.
    BB_Jay likes this.
    04-20-14 12:19 AM
    Meh...the S5 will most likely be similar to the S4. My S4 lags a lot and reboots often and crashes frequently (Kitkat 4.4.2). AFAIK, the camera and the SoC are the only nice improvements (HRM is stupid and in a stupid place). The Snapdragon 801 isn't that impressive...Samsung is supposed to have made a ridiculous monster device - they can certainly afford it. I wanted more than a modified Snapdragon 800 that was in the Nexus 5 and the G2. The camera is the same module from the S4 Zoom without the optical zooming. I'm sure the S5 will be decent enough for most people...I will just never recommend it over the M8, Nexus 5 or the G2.

Unfortunately, it works well enough for people to live in denial of their purchase-regret. Also, Samsung's marketing is fantastic so everybody thinks that it is great.

I would rather have the Z30 for a fair number of reasons...namely BB10 - while it lacks some features and apps, it is still nicer to use for me. The speakers and the battery life seal the deal for me.
    So I guess you prefer the upgrade to the Z30 which is the Z30
    04-20-14 12:23 AM
    only a gimmick until its on a blackberry device, then it becomes a must have feature
    04-20-14 01:13 AM
    Z30 is far more superior that the S5.. cheap samsung phones....

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 01:46 AM
    Non blackberry fans would pick the Z30 over SG5. Doesnt matter which phone is better...
    04-20-14 01:52 AM
    S5 is quick but testing the menu structure is insane long like on windows. the phone is quick but still multitasking on z30 is quicker. Using BB10 is Better with the hub, keyboard and easy gesture and swipe. Apps is still an issue but you can install Snap to get android apps like netflix.

I liked z30 better and going back to android would for me a step back. I was an android user for more than 5 years and been a BB10 user since a year started with the z10 but with z30 I'm still my own king to get the best out of my smartphone.

BB10 is the best phone for social media and emailing and get your stuff organised and reception is also very good. So what are you using you phone for mostly, yes above stuff.

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy and Skyforever like this.
    04-20-14 01:58 AM
    Getting some options here pretty much seems like I will get the z30 to add to my blackberry collection. Add a second line....thanks for the tips everyone

Posted via CB10 with Q10
    You could also contact the Blackberry store and get an official written reply, you'll then be covered if it doesn't work:-

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=bUMZZ9w6

as well as:

Call 1-877-552-5532

Complimentary support available for 14 days from activation of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Offer available in the USA only. Complimentary support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Subject to change.
    04-20-14 02:03 AM
    I have to say that S2 was an awesome device! It's display, it's smoothness! But Damn they ruined their S series with S3 & S4!
    And as someone mentioned, Snapdragon 801 is not a great SoC, it's a monster process with less power conception. I would like to have that processor on my next BlackBerry! That processor is useless on android because it's not utilized well.

Posted via Z30
    playbooked likes this.
    04-20-14 02:15 AM
    While it gets beaten in almost every spec category (BlackBerry Z30 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5 - GSMArena.com), I'd still rather have the Z30. The Hub for me is >>> touchwiz/android's notification system, which is where I spend probably 80% of my time on a phone. Snap helped me patch the majority of my app needs. Also, I prefer BB10's keyboard over Swype.

Specs aren't everything, but you're making yourself look like a complete fool by saying things like "Samsung phones are cheap garbage" or "Android is a terrible OS" or "Galaxies are unreliable pieces of turd". The S5 is a phenomenal phone and unless you really like the hub, keyboard, OS navigation or security of the Z30 there really is not much else of a reason to get it over the S5. Long gone are the days of laggy Android devices; all the flagships perform very well.
    04-20-14 02:18 AM
    Z30 wins of course!

Z30 STA100-2.... 10.2.1.2102
    04-20-14 02:26 AM
    While it gets beaten in almost every spec category (BlackBerry Z30 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5 - GSMArena.com), I'd still rather have the Z30. The Hub for me is >>> touchwiz/android's notification system, which is where I spend probably 80% of my time on a phone. Snap helped me patch the majority of my app needs. Also, I prefer BB10's keyboard over Swype.

Specs aren't everything, but you're making yourself look like a complete fool by saying things like "Samsung phones are cheap garbage" or "Android is a terrible OS" or "Galaxies are unreliable pieces of turd". The S5 is a phenomenal phone and unless you really like the hub, keyboard, OS navigation or security of the Z30 there really is not much else of a reason to get it over the S5. Long gone are the days of laggy Android devices; all the flagships perform very well.
    Now this is a reply that makes sense. Thank you.
    04-20-14 02:57 AM
    The Z30 is a nice phone, but OP sounds a bit fanboy esq, because if the Samsung carried a Blackberry logo, suddenly the specs and gimmicks would be most welcome .

Posted via CB10
    Raddin and tufcustomer like this.
    04-20-14 03:03 AM
    I'd love to buy the z30...if only my carrier (att) would carry it.

Posted via CB10 with Q10
    why not buy one and just put your sim in it
    04-20-14 03:48 AM
    Unfortunately, the GS5 and Z30 are on such different levels in terms of hardware this question shouldn't even be taken seriously.

The Z30 uses an aging dual core CPU with a subpar display and mediocre camera. There was absolutely zero innovation with the Z30, it was just a "me-too" phone released a year too late.

Now, if you seriously prefer BB10, then it doesn't matter what specs you get, does it? At this point, if your even comparing a new BB device with any product that actually gets marketed you're doing it wrong.
    Sergiu1337, Akuji_ism and dayno25 like this.
    04-20-14 06:12 AM
    I know several people who own Galaxy S phones and haven't heard any complaints. They're quite popular. I don't have any real experience personally as I'm not an Android guy

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    I agree...I understand that this is crackberry.... but the Galaxy phones are great devices.... Feel free to say the blackberries are better, but don't say the Galaxy's suck... That is foolish
    ajst222 and Berry_Pink like this.
    04-20-14 06:15 AM
    I know several people who own Galaxy S phones and haven't heard any complaints. They're quite popular. I don't have any real experience personally as I'm not an Android guy

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    I have. Almost all are OS issues, unfortunately what Samsung puts on top of Android is just horrible.
    tre10 likes this.
    04-20-14 06:32 AM
    I'd be interested in getting some real feedback from an actual S5 user on actual battery life. It's got a big one, but that screen / processor can't help much.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 07:13 AM
    I went out and paid full price for a Note 3. It now sits on my shelf gathering dust, whilst I creep embarrassingly back to my Z10. Personally I found storing contacts in android to be extremely painful. And I never get confident with androids emailing system, always had to double check if it went through. And I think there's no comparison to BB10's peek and flow.

from an australian Z10...
    04-20-14 07:31 AM
    I'd be interested in getting some real feedback from an actual S5 user on actual battery life. It's got a big one, but that screen / processor can't help much.

Posted via CB10
    If you go to the GS5 forums, a lot of people love the battery life, plus the battery is removable and you can do wireless charging, so it`s all good as far as battery life.
    04-20-14 08:10 AM
    While, I know that asking a question like this in theses forums, a majority of people will bash it and say "Android sux" or whatever. But, in reality every review I have seen of the GS5 have said the GS5 is a fast performer and the health stuff is actually useful. Personally, unless you really need extra security for some reason the GS5 wins hands down. It has powerful specs, and you will get plenty of support for it (accessories and software wise). While, some may knock it for it`s features it has a lot of health orientated stuff, this time around, so if someone was a health orientated person (exercising, and whatnot) I would definitely point them towards the GS5.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-20-14 08:15 AM
146 1234 ...