I love my z30. And I also love the SG5 because my wife has SG5 and I love my wife!!

Flicked using Z30
    04-20-14 01:00 PM
    I was hoping you'd understand the tone after #2. AAA? American Automobile Association???
    I bet you didn't even have to put the hook in the water - just wave it in the air and they will jump out of the water. LOL
    04-20-14 01:06 PM
    I love my z30. And I also love the SG5 because my wife has SG5 and I love my wife!!

Flicked using Z30
    Very diplomatic answer sir. Peace in the household is a good thing. I in the same situation.
    04-20-14 01:08 PM
    That is the problem. Blackberry is coming out with good phones, but nobody knows about them.....The phones are good but they are not good enough to make people switch. I love my Z30 but I also love my 5S....... it is a catch 22..... can't market without money and can't make money without marketing
    04-20-14 01:11 PM
    Blackberry is far superior to Samsung GS5 or any other phone.

1. Blackberry keyboard - better than swipe or any of the other 100 options available

2. Blackberry = security. Not the NSA not the CIA Not even AAA can hack it

3. Blackberry camera >>>>>>GSV

4. Blackberry display >>>>>GSV

5. Blackberry waaaay faster

6. Blackberry has MORE apps (BB World + GOOGLE store)

7. Blackberry has true multi-tasking unlike Samsung which only offers a split screen and stylus support

8. Have any of you seen the HUB? Android has nothing like it.

9. Blackberry has been conclusively proven to be THE phone for PROSUMERS

10. Blackberry is not a TOY it's a TOOL

11. Blackberry is for professionals who want to edit documents and make presentations on the go. Now can you edit documents on the iPhone or Samsung?
    Someone tell me this list was a joke, because it was H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    04-20-14 01:48 PM
    I agree, but this is a BlackBerry fan site. lol

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    Yup.

Let someone sell you 2011 tech and tell you it's premium, spread misconceptions about arguably more advanced products, expect better from BlackBerry while offering no resistance to their BS.

Fan site.
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    04-20-14 01:58 PM
    This thread is ridiculous.
    Seriously.
    The Z30 doesn't have 2011 tech. It's pretty much in line with the 5S.

Samsung's hardware is better (the processor is faster, so is the gpu; it has more cores). The screen has a higher ppi, and the camera has more megapixels.

The Z30 has a Paratek Antenna.

These may be facts, but they're not determinative of the better device.

The difference in user experience is the result of a combination of software and hardware. Further, different people prefer different user experiences (UI, etc. ), and there probably isn't a definitive or objective answer to the question of "which phone is better."

BB10 might be better at multitasking, and it might be more fluid; the keyboard might be better. I haven't used an S5, so I can't attest to these statements, and by the sound of it, most of the people in this thread haven't used both devices extensively and, as a result, shouldn't be claiming one device is better than the other.
    If you prefer apps, like to do hardware intensive gaming, and have a lot of Samsung products (aka a Samsung ecosystem), then the S5 is probably the choice for you. If you prefer stability and battery life as well as efficient and organized notifications, you might want to go with the Z30.

Notice I used "probably," and "might." if you haven't had definitive experience with both devices, you shouldn't be claiming one is better than the other.

It's true that Samsung has better hardware, but it's also true that the OS won't take advantage of the quad core processor. Your desktop and / or laptop won't either (unless you're gaming, running very intensive algorithms, or doing some heavy graphic or audio editing). Quad core processors are sold to you by the tech industry in an effort to convince you to upgrade your devices more often and to get you to spend more money, more often, on their products. You should be looking at the specs on the GPU and the speed that the processor is clocked at--these will really be the elements that effect device performance--not necessarily the number of cores. This means that judging end user experience purely by specs won't yield accurate results. This is even more true when you're comparing specs across operating systems that perform differently and run on different platforms. There is evidence that QNX is more efficient than Android or HTML5. Does that mean BB10 is? No. Could it be? Certainly.

But, few people are aware of this, and specs can be used to sell devices.

If someone has actually given both devices, running up to date software, a fair chance and wants to share feedback, that would be great. Mindlessly citing specs or touting your preferred manufacturer won't help anyone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ceckland; 04-20-14 at 05:08 PM.
    HotFix and Nicholas Kathrein like this.
    04-20-14 02:53 PM
    Someone told me that a Canadian provider is like att and should work w/o a problem

Posted via CB10 with Q10
    ROGERS! the biggest company in canada. They own the bluejays. Its called Rogers Att and T i think rogers owns att
    04-20-14 03:23 PM
    This thread seems to be going in a couple of directions. But I will add that my GS4 is awesome. I have some features that BB does not offer, call blocking and immediate diversion to voicemail per contact for 1. I also have other apps that I use to forward SMS to my email for archiving so never need to keep a million text files on my phone for fun. I can basically do everything with my phone that I could do with my Z10. Is it secure, heck no, but I don't really think anyone would waste their time trying to get into my gmail account to read all my forum notifications.

We all know that each person uses their phones in a particular manner and has different needs, I moved away from secure once in a moon software updates, to a relatively insecure with nightly builds of software.

One thing I cannot do though is use NFC to pay at Timmies though, pees me off.
    everytime i pay at timmies with nfc the ppl at cash go nuts. they always say only the blackberry works! im like yah i guess...
    04-20-14 03:26 PM
    Keep circlejerking guys! Whether you are an android user or a BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mvpcrossxover; 04-20-14 at 06:48 PM.
    04-20-14 03:35 PM
    please don't say blackberry has 'true multi tasking' BC it doesn't.... That has been settled the day BB10 qas released.... BB10 has worse multitasking than the PlayBook. Also, have you even used the s5? The docs apps that are available for android wipe the floor with the offerings that BB10 have, heck one the highest rated pdf editing apps for BB10 is an abdroid port.... Again you epitomise why ackberry is failing.... We rant and rave as if BB10 is a perfect OS but its a technical evolution with features largely available in other platforms but worse.... Its a commercial failure at this point in time. I'm sorry but the points you post are pure crap and jargon that doesn't mean anything.... Wtf is a 'prosumer' anyway? And when was it 'conclusively' proven?
    04-20-14 04:50 PM
    It was conclusively proven by people like D_March and raino...

On the CrackBerry forums.

Two of the headlines on the page are "How to install and Android App (APK) to a Blackberry" and "How to install Instagram on Blackberry"

Might be the only major platform on the market these days that need a tutorial to accomplish things so simple.

And people wonder why Joe Sixpack doesn't want to buy these phones?

No different than my friend who walked up to the Z30 and walked away within 30 seconds disgusted because he didn't even know how to operate the phone, cause there are no buttons and almost no user coming from another smartphone walks up to another one expected that they'd have to swipe from bezels just to accomplish something as trivial as minimizing an app to open another...

People don't want to "learn;" they want to "use." I think Blackberry must have had their spam filter set up incorrectly because they obviously missed that memo. Being in the enterprise market so deep, however, that should have been a given to them seeing how resistant to change corporations tend to be (from a user experience standpoint).

People on this forum act like their quality of life degrades everytime someone buys an Android, Windows, or iOS device. It's not that serious. Average consumer can care less what they buy as long as it works. Buying what's popular, however, has a lot of in-built benefits. For one, "support" is better as you aren't tied to forums like this one to get help. You can ask real people you know out in the real world for help with the device. Device-specific features are also more useful.
    04-20-14 05:49 PM
    Why would that be? The GSV is a great phone; though not much of an upgrade over the GSIV, it'll still win over more people if set side by side with a Z30.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    my buddy had a Z10 and switched to an SGS4 and says he misses the Z10, says the S4 is fine but has to many gimmiks and takes more steps to do anything in it, he doesn't like the keyboard either
    04-20-14 06:27 PM
    Blackberry is far superior to Samsung GS5 or any other phone.

1. Blackberry keyboard - better than swipe or any of the other 100 options available

2. Blackberry = security. Not the NSA not the CIA Not even AAA can hack it

3. Blackberry camera >>>>>>GSV

4. Blackberry display >>>>>GSV

5. Blackberry waaaay faster

6. Blackberry has MORE apps (BB World + GOOGLE store)

7. Blackberry has true multi-tasking unlike Samsung which only offers a split screen and stylus support

8. Have any of you seen the HUB? Android has nothing like it.

9. Blackberry has been conclusively proven to be THE phone for PROSUMERS

10. Blackberry is not a TOY it's a TOOL

11. Blackberry is for professionals who want to edit documents and make presentations on the go. Now can you edit documents on the iPhone or Samsung?
    The S5 has Microsoft Office. Try side-loading or installing that why don't you. Why does this site have so many hypocrites? No one should call out Blackberry but we can call out everyone else, for things that they even do better. Galaxy Camera is worse then Z30? What??

I've been Blackberry since my first smartphone, and wouldn't switch unless they went under, but don't be partial fools.
    04-20-14 07:16 PM
    Just wait for the high end phone coming from BlackBerry. Better hardware and software.

Z30 STA100-2.... 10.2.1.2102
    04-20-14 07:17 PM
    The S5 has Microsoft Office. Try side-loading or installing that why don't you. Why does this site have so many hypocrites? No one should call out Blackberry but we can call out everyone else, for things that they even do better. Galaxy Camera is worse then Z30? What??

I've been Blackberry since my first smartphone, and wouldn't switch unless they went under, but don't be partial fools.
    that poster was taking the ****....
    04-20-14 07:33 PM
    Gave my gs4 to my daughter and got the z30 blackberry for the win

Posted via CB10
    vgorous likes this.
    04-20-14 07:34 PM
    Looking forward to getting my hands on a S5 for curiosity's sake. Always good for know what 's out there. The S3, and S4 did not move me.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 07:58 PM
    I'd love to buy the z30...if only my carrier (att) would carry it.

Posted via CB10 with Q10
    You can buy it directly unlocked on shop.blackberry.com

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    04-20-14 07:59 PM
    Yup.

Let someone sell you 2011 tech and tell you it's premium, spread misconceptions about arguably more advanced products, expect better from BlackBerry while offering no resistance to their BS.

Fan site.
    What is the word? Condescending?

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-20-14 08:01 PM
    Hey look, the looping Samsung bot is back on the programmed trajectory. There is none so blind as he who will not see...

independently documented shortcomings.
    04-20-14 08:12 PM
    Who is really considering purchasing the galaxy s5 over the Z30?? ..because I can tell you there isn't anything special there's a lot of gimmick features on this phone,and the android Os is not at par with QNX Which is BLACKBERRY...also the quad cores,and octocores who cares that's irrelevant....the Z30 is a very capable smartphone bigtime

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 doesn't have the same display quality that the S5 has, and not it's not a gimmick it's a selling point. In the end for most it isn't about the toys that comes with the phone, it's the every day functionality, does the device do what they need to it do in their life and for some does it do it better?

BlackBerry has yet to fix the bug which allows BES users to have more than 1 emails address from the same domain. This is a make or break feature for most in the business world, so they have moved their entire corporations off BlackBerry and onto another platform like Android and or iOS as the current MDM solutions out there that carry the same security label that BES just received recently allow you to have multiple emails from the same domain.

Anyhow, for me if I wasn't on a 3 year control I would have already jump ship to Android, BlackBerry just doesn't function as well as it should for my every day life needs.
    04-20-14 08:31 PM
    Android Defense Force at work this weekend.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Raddin likes this.
    04-20-14 08:40 PM
    Android Defense Force at work this weekend.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Yeah I know. LOL. But I think both sides are working just as hard. It's long Easter weekend, nothing to do.
    04-20-14 08:44 PM
    please don't say blackberry has 'true multi tasking' BC it doesn't.... That has been settled the day BB10 qas released.... BB10 has worse multitasking than the PlayBook. Also, have you even used the s5? The docs apps that are available for android wipe the floor with the offerings that BB10 have, heck one the highest rated pdf editing apps for BB10 is an abdroid port.... Again you epitomise why ackberry is failing.... We rant and rave as if BB10 is a perfect OS but its a technical evolution with features largely available in other platforms but worse.... Its a commercial failure at this point in time. I'm sorry but the points you post are pure crap and jargon that doesn't mean anything.... Wtf is a 'prosumer' anyway? And when was it 'conclusively' proven?
    BlackBerry has true multi tasking. What's ackberry?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 08:47 PM
146 ... 23456