Hi everybody sorry to be a pain but I have just bought a z30 only had to days. (plus I have spent a week on the z10 which was my first BlackBerry) My question is when I lock the phone and put it on the table then go to pick it up it unlocks it's self and goes to home screen without me pressing the power key or sliding from bottom can I change this as I don't want the phone to unlock when it's picked up. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 02:57 AM
    That's not right; this isn't a feature as far as I know. Probably a silly question, but you're not putting it down near any magnets are you? It sounds like the automatic wake function is being triggered -- the one that wakes the phone up when you take it out of the official BlackBerry case.
    01-31-14 03:37 AM
    Well I have the blackberry case and I noticed it when I took it out of that which your saying it should do as it's a feature. It's not near any magnets. And it's occasionally does it when it is not in blackberry case. But now you've said it's a feature I will take a close look to see if it's just me

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:53 AM
    Well I have the blackberry case and I noticed it when I took it out of that which your saying it should do as it's a feature. It's not near any magnets. And it's occasionally does it when it is not in blackberry case. But now you've said it's a feature I will take a close look to see if it's just me

Posted via CB10
    The BlackBerry case has a magnet to activate the screen whenever you take the phone out of the case.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:07 AM
    The cause is the proximity sensor. Go into settings, then display, down that page you'll see "allow gestures when locked". Disable that and you should be good. At least it worked for me and a co-worker anyway.

I noticed the same issue when I first got my Z30 and as soon as I turned off the "allow gestures when locked" I had no more unintentional screen activation. I prefer using the lock button anyway as it also prevents unintentional app launching and dialing.

If you perform the sensor test I believe you'll be surprised how far away from the screen you can be for the screen to detect your finger or hand.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 01-31-14 at 10:29 AM.
    01-31-14 10:16 AM
    Cheers for replies guys think I've sorted it with the info provided cheers

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 11:18 AM
    The BlackBerry case has a magnet to activate the screen whenever you take the phone out of the case.

Posted via CB10
    I thought magnets/holster functions did not work with BB10 devices? You mean you can set holster functions with Z30 as well? Different profiles, etc?
    01-31-14 12:45 PM
    On my Z30 I go to Security and Privacy then to Device Password and at the bottom of the screen you can toggle "Lock Device when Holstered" on or off, I use it and it works.
    01-31-14 12:56 PM
    I thought magnets/holster functions did not work with BB10 devices? You mean you can set holster functions with Z30 as well? Different profiles, etc?
    Yes, the magnets work with the Z30 and as mentioned above you can set your holster functions but the issue the OP is having has nothing to do with the holster. His screen is activating when he reached for it after it's locked. The only way to stop that is to disable allowing gestures to work on the locked screen.
    01-31-14 01:05 PM
    Yes, the magnets work with the Z30 and as mentioned above you can set your holster functions but the issue the OP is having has nothing to do with the holster. His screen is activating when he reached for it after it's locked. The only way to stop that is to disable allowing gestures to work on the locked screen.
    Right, I know I side tracked a little but I had no idea holster functions still worked on Z30, that's awesome. Blame it on my excitement that such a cool function has been retained, which I hated all android devices I used for lacking this.. Why do I have to turn off the screen and holster while holster should be doing it for me, right??

I guess the only thing missing on BB10 is charging pod terminals. Does Z10 also have the magnet function?
    01-31-14 01:25 PM
    Does Z10 also have the magnet function?
    All the BB10 handsets have it.
    01-31-14 02:19 PM
    Right, I know I side tracked a little but I had no idea holster functions still worked on Z30, that's awesome. Blame it on my excitement that such a cool function has been retained, which I hated all android devices I used for lacking this.. Why do I have to turn off the screen and holster while holster should be doing it for me, right??

I guess the only thing missing on BB10 is charging pod terminals. Does Z10 also have the magnet function?
    No problem with the sidetrack as it was a good question. Many people picked up somewhere that the sleep mode by magnet was missing from the BB10 phones. I was just pointing out for the other poster that the OP's problem wasn't associated with the holster.

Yes, I wish my Z30 had a charging bar on the bottom like my 9930 but I'll take the wireless charging too. I like that. Yes, the Z10 has the sleep by magnet feature as well.
    01-31-14 03:09 PM
    No problem with the sidetrack as it was a good question. Many people picked up somewhere that the sleep mode by magnet was missing from the BB10 phones. I was just pointing out for the other poster that the OP's problem wasn't associated with the holster.

Yes, I wish my Z30 had a charging bar on the bottom like my 9930 but I'll take the wireless charging too. I like that. Yes, the Z10 has the sleep by magnet feature as well.

Thanks, I just ordered the Z30 from VZ so it will be coming with wireless charging but sadly it won't be as affordable as getting one for office and one for bedside... I had 3 pods for my 9700 and two for my 9900, i will have 0 wireless chargers for my Z30 unless they get more affordable. With your explanation I will be sure to buy an official pouch for Z30. Enough OT on this thread, I hope OP is not offended.
    01-31-14 03:38 PM
    Hi i just bought my zed30 2 days ago. and i dont kow what to do whenever i leave my phone not using for an hour. when i open it. it was locked. then they pop to swipe from the bottom edge to unlock the device. i try to do it many times but it didnt work. then i connect my phone in my laptop using a cable wire then thats the time its asking for the password.. can you help me to fix this pronlem. Thanks.
    09-03-15 01:48 AM
    Make sure that the lift to wake setting is switched off. See the screen shot.

BlackBerry Z30 Unlocking the lock screen-img_20150903_140936.png

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    09-03-15 03:45 AM
    Hi i just bought my zed30 2 days ago. and i dont kow what to do whenever i leave my phone not using for an hour. when i open it. it was locked. then they pop to swipe from the bottom edge to unlock the device. i try to do it many times but it didnt work. then i connect my phone in my laptop using a cable wire then thats the time its asking for the password.. can you help me to fix this pronlem. Thanks.
    Try a reboot (see below)

Go to the Security Settings and REMOVE the password for testing. What does happen when you SWIPE up from the bottom? (in Portrait mode)? Swipe from just below the "active" screen portion toward the center or top - again while in Portrait mode.

Also run BBVE (Blackberry Virtual Expert) and test the phone going through all the test.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    09-03-15 08:41 AM
    Guys its advanced interactions -> lift to wake feature. Disable it.

09-03-15 08:48 AM
    The op of this thread was made over a year and a half ago, before the advanced interactions was even introduced on bb10. The thread was just bumped for no real logical reason lol

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:48 PM
    Yeah just go to the advanced interaction....amen

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 03:21 AM
    The op of this thread was made over a year and a half ago, before the advanced interactions was even introduced on bb10. The thread was just bumped for no real logical reason lol

Posted via CB10
    Lolzzz

09-04-15 05:00 AM