BlackBerry Z30 Reintroduced in Rogers Retail Stores |

Back by popular demand the BlackBerry Z30 is being reintroduced in Rogers retail stores across Canada. Those on the network can stop by their local shop and check out the Z30 for themselves! What?s more, the device is merely $49.99 with a 2 year contract. Great deal!

BlackBerry Z30 Reintroduced in Rogers Retail Stores-img_20140729_130547.png

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...LK&N=52+11+278

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    Last edited by RafiqK; 07-29-14 at 12:19 PM.
    07-29-14 12:06 PM
    If this is true, I wonder if BlackBerry told Rogers they must sell the Z30 in store if they want any new device. Or it could be people are requesting it. Hmmm.
    07-29-14 12:16 PM
    Wow! That is a good deal. Good news for Canada.
    tsi200 likes this.
    07-29-14 12:17 PM
    I think they should also sell the white version in Rogers retail stores since they have excess of them.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    07-29-14 12:18 PM
    Good news and a nice deal!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 12:18 PM
    If this is true, I wonder if BlackBerry told Rogers they must sell the Z30 in store if they want any new device. Or it could be people are requesting it. Hmmm.
    I'm guessing it might be a Passport deal.
    07-29-14 12:22 PM
    Still not sure blackberry has that kind of leverage. Maybe it means they sold all of their Z10s that they needed to get rid of and can offer it without cannibalizing themselves

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 12:27 PM
    I think it is the demand. Z30 is unavailable to BlackBerry staff currently in BlackBerry store. The message says all devices are currently going to fulfill external customers.

Z30 is selling. Agreed we are not taking iPhone numbers, not even close but it is selling and BlackBerry is diverting all stock to customers. Sounds like a good news to me.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer and Thunderbuck like this.
    07-29-14 10:04 PM
    About bloody time. My Rogers rep told me they had lots of orders they couldn't fill because if supply issues. Guess they finally clued in.

BB Proud
    07-29-14 10:08 PM
    Ok.........

Why did they leave the Z30 out in the cold in the first place?
    07-29-14 10:11 PM
    It's good news for everyone

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    07-29-14 10:18 PM
    A few weeks ago you would've been hard pressed to find one anywhere. I was ready for a hardware upgrade and the battery was dying in my current Q10. I searched Rogers dealers and corporate stores, nobody had any Z30's in store. Most dealers did say that they could have ordered it for me but some dealers weren't even aware of the features and benefits of the blackberries. I also did get a few dealers wondering why I was looking for a device from a dying company. Dealer support is pitiful.

I'm sure BlackBerry gave a stern talking to supply chains, if they didn't continue to support BlackBerry, they wouldn't get the passport or classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 04:00 AM
    Awesome.

That being said the rumored specs of the LTE Z3, aka Manitoba, are said to have the same / similar specs as the Z30. If that is the case then perhaps the Z30 will be phased out or get a refresh one the Manitoba hits the shelves? Ut will depend on which is more popular and which is more profitable for BlackBerry.

I like the design of the Z30 and prefer it over the Z3, but if the LTE Z3 has similar specs and is dirt cheap by comparison then it's probably going to canabalize Z30 sales. So an inventory clear out might be what we are seeing.
    07-30-14 06:22 AM
    Good news all around but I think the initial production run was probably microscopic due to the non existent carrier support. My bell rep also said the phone was on back order.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 07:28 AM
    Just for some perspective as well. I regularly see multiple Z10 and Q10 when I am out at the mall and I have yet to see another Z30 in the wild yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 07:30 AM
    If Mexico is so great then why do you all want to come to the USA? Most for us to support them on our dime, If you dont like it here get out
    [warn]CrackBerry is a politics-free zone and does not allow xenophobic bashing or harassment of others, regardless whether it is targeted at nationality, ethnicity, or religion. We have just updated our infraction system to provide better handling of this kind of attack, don't be the first to test the new infraction.[/warn]
    07-30-14 11:14 AM
    That's great news for Rogers customers in Canada. I wish US carriers had them in store too. I had to order my Verizon Z30 online because no store anywhere had any in stock. Would have been nice to walk in to the Verizon store and walk out with a shiny new Z30.
    07-30-14 10:30 PM
    That being said the rumored specs of the LTE Z3, aka Manitoba, are said to have the same / similar specs as the Z30.
    Boy do I hope that's true. I have a Z30 and want to also buy a Z3 if what you say is true.
    07-30-14 10:32 PM
    Awesome.

That being said the rumored specs of the LTE Z3, aka Manitoba, are said to have the same / similar specs as the Z30. If that is the case then perhaps the Z30 will be phased out or get a refresh one the Manitoba hits the shelves? Ut will depend on which is more popular and which is more profitable for BlackBerry.

I like the design of the Z30 and prefer it over the Z3, but if the LTE Z3 has similar specs and is dirt cheap by comparison then it's probably going to canabalize Z30 sales. So an inventory clear out might be what we are seeing.
    No, the Manitoba won't have the same spec as the Z30. Lower-rez screen, possibly lower system RAM, very likely lower system storage, lower-clocked CPU, and most definitely NOT the high-powered graphics chip found in the Z30. It also won't have HDMI-out and I don't think it will have Miracast.

If the Z30 is going for $50 on a 2-year term, that's actually a pretty decent deal...
    07-31-14 12:00 AM
    I like the thread, how about clearing ALL our comments , including the first by o3r, who in person I'm sure I'd enjoy a beer with AND buy, and agreeing to stay on topic?

**** Edit P.S. TBuck- my "most mods" comment was reactionary and in anger, which is uncharacteristic of me. Please publicly accept my apology and I ask for your forgiveness. "
    Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    07-31-14 12:56 AM
    TB - I think that's enough. Let's clean the thread?

I'm on Cb10 on the road in a hotel, can you call a mod and ask for a thread cleanup?

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    07-31-14 01:02 AM
    CLOSED for REVIEW!!!!!!!!
    07-31-14 06:50 AM
    How a thread on the reintroduction of a phone in Canada turned into a symposium on North American politics I do not know. Nor do I care. But it ends now. Just a note, the efforts of a few to bring this back on-topic are appreciated; the efforts of a few to derail it are not, nor are attacks on forum staff. So knock it off.

[WARN]Disruptive Posting - Posting of comments, images or links that have no relevance to the topic of the thread, with the apparent intent to derail the thread.[/WARN]

Do not post complaints about Moderators. Mobile Nations has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a Moderator. Every day, our Moderators read through hundreds of threads and posts, and all Moderator decisions are final. We trust any action a Moderator takes will follow our rules & guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any Moderator action.
    [WARN]
    Abuse of a Moderator
    Our Moderators volunteer their own time and resources to make our communities awesome places to be. Abuse of Moderators will not be tolerated. If you have a complaint or issue with a Moderator, please bring it up privately via private message, or send an email or PM to either the Moderator Team Leader (pkcable) or our Community Manager (James Falconer).[/WARN]

[warn]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/warn]
    Ecm, eldricho, potatoguy and 2 others like this.
    07-31-14 07:05 AM
    Thank you.

BB Proud
    07-31-14 07:18 AM
    Well done, mods.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    07-31-14 07:20 AM
35 12