I just ordered a Z30 for business use. I could have ordered the Lumia Icon for the same price.

Just wondering if I made the right decision. I'm on Verizon.

Like the updated specs on the Lumia but I'm impressed with the latest updates from BB.

Any thoughts on the comparison?
    02-28-14 12:29 PM
    OK, yeah, I went nuts and have them both. In terms of how well it works as a phone and communication device, the Z30 is better. The Icon does have a good email client (the best I've seen) but the integration you get with the hub is unbeatable. However there are more fun apps available for the Icon. So it's sort of a tossup. I just put the Icon away and went back to the Z30 for the weekend. I just like it better.
    02-28-14 03:27 PM
    Thanks Mike. I tried the Icon and really liked the impressive display. However, the OS still seems to be behind the curve compared to BB10. Especially when considering the updates with 10.2.1.
    02-28-14 05:48 PM
    Thanks Mike. I tried the Icon and really liked the impressive display. However, the OS still seems to be behind the curve compared to BB10. Especially when considering the updates with 10.2.1.
    BlackBerry 10 is a excellent choice. Also having Snap as a native Google play store app makes it even more interesting.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    02-28-14 06:06 PM
    The Microsoft Employee in me says get the Nokia Windows Phone. It can sync, through OneDrive, your favorites/apps/settings/whatever which is really cool. Microsoft's vision for one experience across all devices is pretty damn cool and achievable.

However you should try them both and get the one that suits you most. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. My wife for example wants to dump her iPhone for a Lumia 1020 so she can get the 40mp camera. It's cars of hard to agree against that for a person who takes pictures more than anything.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Last edited by HotFix; 02-28-14 at 08:55 PM.
    02-28-14 07:51 PM
    The Lumia phone cameras are the best I've seen in a Smart Phone. But I'm not buying a Phone just for the camera as I have other Digital Cameras to use.

I like the Windows interface for laptops and tablet computing. Very intuitive and nice quick and feels light weight. Not sure about Smart Phones yet with WP. I'll continue to experiment with them.
    03-01-14 07:04 AM
    Yes, I played with the Z30 at the Verizon store and was very impressed with the overall OS look and feel. Like anything else though there are a ton of features in 10.2.1 that I'll have to get used to.

Not sure about Snap but I'll look that up.

Can't wait to get my phone!
    03-01-14 07:06 AM
    My only problem with Windows Phone is it takes so many clicks to get to the Settings that it is annoying. I know about apps that help with this, however I believe you should not have to download an to go to settings menu. Also I got a weird bug on my Lumia 822 where I was not able to go into my settings menu until I rebooted the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:02 AM
    I'm a bit of a Nokia fanboy (I have the Lumia 920, 1020 and 1520) and would probably get the Icon, too, if it had LTE for AT&T. That said, I love my Z10 and Z30, too. Like others have said, both devices have their strengths and weaknesses. For overall business and communication use, I would say the Z30 is the better device since it does those functions so well (the Hub and "BB Flow" are wonderful). For fun and general use, I like how WP8 looks and works and I like the style of the Lumia phones. I think, though, you'll be very happy with the Z30, esp. with the latest OS update, as it feels like a better, well-rounded, device.
    03-01-14 09:43 AM
    I was using a 920 before the Z30 and the difference is night and day. Windows phone is nothing really to cry home about. The live tiles are okay, if you use an app that has it. Performance is great. But it's kind slow to get around. You will have to pin everything you use and the screen can get kind of long which is kind of a drawback. Uh what else, the integration is kind of there but not 100%. Microsoft still has work to do. Put it this way, if Nokia made phones that ran bb10 it would stomp out wp for good.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 02:46 PM
    Hi Dave,
    Just saw the demo from Snap and I'm actually very pleased about that. I'm coming directly from a BB 9930; so, I haven't really gotten to side load anything yet.

What a cool feature and certainly will close the app gap in a hurry.

Thanks for the heads up on Snap. Definitely going to load that.
    03-01-14 05:20 PM
    My wife has the Nokia 1020 with a Windows Operating System and I have the Z30. The Nokia 1020, although not quite as big, is very easy to use and get used to - the big icons on the front are a snap when it comes to retrieving mail and contacts. It is hard to compare the phones since they are on different operating systems. But the Nokia has given us no trouble. It does not have the battery life of a Z30. My wife dumped her iPhone for a Windows phone.
    03-01-14 05:29 PM