We know that BBRY still has cash and this phone has class. So. . . .
    Why not a commercial asking store clerks to take it out of the back and really demonstrate the thing.

"Hey Store Clerks!" take out the Z30 and show it to customers!
    Then carefully demonstrate the key features

Finally end with "But you can't see it if no one will Demo it
    "Hey Store Clerks! Demo The Z"
    "No one will know that it's Phabulous if they can't play with it!!!"

Shall we Facebook or Twitter BlackBerry massively to do this? It worked on Rogers. Your thoughts?

SQN 100-4 v10.2.0.1761
    klubbkidd likes this.
    10-16-13 04:32 AM
    That's an idea.

Unfortunately BlackBerry marketing is MIA.
    10-16-13 05:28 AM
    For consumers, mindshare and reputation in the gutter now. Analytics probably show ROI on spending on new adverts as a negative. Even when BB10 was launched, sales reps for retailers already influencing consumers not to buy. Why waste the money. I'm even guessing that BB's best move now is keeping ad costs as low as possible by mainly advertising online and word of mouth.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 loaded with 10.2.0.1725
    10-16-13 05:47 AM
    I noticed unfortunately most Blackberry dealers, are not even familiarized with the workings of Blackberry 10 devices. I got so irritated once when a sales assistant was demonstrating it to a potential buyer all wrong that I butted in.
    10-16-13 06:01 AM
    I noticed unfortunately most Blackberry dealers, are not even familiarized with the workings of Blackberry 10 devices. I got so irritated once when a sales assistant was demonstrating it to a potential buyer all wrong that I butted in.
    Lol! I've done that too

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 06:09 AM
    I guess such is the case that Blackberry has to educate their front liners to sell phones. No amount of hype is going to matter if people don't know how awesome a device Blackberry 10s are.
    10-16-13 06:12 AM
    I got so irritated once when a sales assistant was demonstrating it to a potential buyer all wrong that I butted in.
    I've done this on numerous occasions. I stop in at my local AT&T store every cpl months or so just to see what's there. I've actually had a salesman say to a customer " ask this guy, he'll tell you anything you wanna know about this BB". When the Z10 dropped, I went to every AT&T store in my area & turned off "demo mode". A few managers got pissed at me.

I've become incredibly, um....."disillusioned" with BBRY. (my s/n used to be berryjunkie) I've moved on but will always be a blackberry fan, and will possibly be back if/when the brand gets it's sh*t together & stops BS'ing customers. You can only take so much of "everything's rosy, everything's rosy then BAM....just kidding". There was a point when I would tell anyone who'd listen about the attributes of blackberry. Now, it's embarrassing.
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    10-16-13 06:39 AM
    I understand your points. I have sold more Z10s than phone clerks where I live. It sucks. I love the OS.

SQN 100-4 v10.2.0.1761
    10-16-13 06:51 AM
    I've done this on numerous occasions. I stop in at my local AT&T store every cpl months or so just to see what's there. I've actually had a salesman say to a customer " ask this guy, he'll tell you anything you wanna know about this BB". When the Z10 dropped, I went to every AT&T store in my area & turned off "demo mode". A few managers got pissed at me.

I've become incredibly, um....."disillusioned" with BBRY. (my s/n used to be berryjunkie) I've moved on but will always be a blackberry fan, and will possibly be back if/when the brand gets it's sh*t together & stops BS'ing customers. You can only take so much of "everything's rosy, everything's rosy then BAM....just kidding". There was a point when I would tell anyone who'd listen about the attributes of blackberry. Now, it's embarrassing.
    Why would you switch to an inferior platform just because you're disalussioned with the company?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:12 AM
    Why would you switch to an inferior platform just because you're disalussioned with the company?

Posted via CB10
    I didn't switch to what I would call an inferior platform. IMHO, Android is a great platform & the GS4 is a great device. I loved my Z10, and the other 7 or so bb devices I've owned. The Z10 had issues. It got better w/OS updates but was still more difficult to get stuff done @ 60mph than my droid.
    Personally, I think the UI on BB10 is second to none, but the pros of my GS4 out weighted the pros of my Z10.
    It's that simple.....

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using CB Forums Mobile App
    10-16-13 08:30 AM
    BlackBerry needs to advertise the Z30. I have my doubts they will do much. They seem consumed with the sale of the company and Thorsten is MIA.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:42 AM
    BlackBerry needs to advertise the Z30. I have my doubts they will do much. They seem consumed with the sale of the company and Thorsten is MIA.

Posted via CB10
    I just don't get this. I'm not a "conspiracy theorist" but how else can you explain the abysmal marketing? BB10 is arguably the most user friendly UI in the mobile industry. I seriously think there is no intention on "coming back". I believe everything done from this point forward (and has been for quite some time) an exit strategy. Just my opinion, tho....

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using CB Forums Mobile App
    10-16-13 08:57 AM
    Yeah when I bought my Z30 yesterday I had to show they guy at Bell how to use it.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 09:39 AM
    BlackBerry has never been interested in marketing. When the 9900 came out I stopped by the dealer the day before to make sure I could get one. The sales guy didn't know a new BlackBerry was coming out. The other sales guy heard us and said they just got two in that morning and sold me one. No signage at all in that store till a week later.

Posted via Z10
    10-16-13 10:22 AM