Hello,

I've looked online for a solution but cannot find one so I'm hoping to find one here. I was listening to music on my BlackBerry Z30 today at 12:20. I took my headphones out and put my phone in my pocket. When I put my headphones back in at 1:30, no sound came out of my headphones. So far I have tried three different pairs of headphones, resetting the phone, and using a canister of compressed air to try to clean any debris out of the headphone jack/port. When I listen to music or place a phone call I put my headphones in and try to select headphones as audio out, but the phone doesn't seem to recognize that the headphones are plugged in. I am out of my one year warranty. I have looked into getting it repaired but am awaiting responses.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff
    09-29-15 02:35 PM
    Seems like you've tried all possible options, you might want to just move onto looking into getting it repaired.
    09-29-15 05:44 PM
    i have a somewhat similar problem. You can Buy the earpiece port on eBay for six dollars.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 09:33 PM
    Maybe could try the headphones test in the BBVE app; once on Z10, I had a piece of debris go right to the bottom of the jack and was carefully removed with a toothpick. Try also maybe a reset holding both the volume up and down keys until the phone reboots and BlackBerry logo appears. Best of luck.
    10-01-15 07:52 AM
    Hello,

I've looked online for a solution but cannot find one so I'm hoping to find one here. I was listening to music on my BlackBerry Z30 today at 12:20. I took my headphones out and put my phone in my pocket. When I put my headphones back in at 1:30, no sound came out of my headphones. So far I have tried three different pairs of headphones, resetting the phone, and using a canister of compressed air to try to clean any debris out of the headphone jack/port. When I listen to music or place a phone call I put my headphones in and try to select headphones as audio out, but the phone doesn't seem to recognize that the headphones are plugged in. I am out of my one year warranty. I have looked into getting it repaired but am awaiting responses.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff
    I had your exact same problem. Had to send it to BlackBerry for repair, fortunately it was under warranty. Took 3 weeks. If you go this route make sure you get a loaner from your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 11:53 AM