Am looking forward to the Z30, Ive got high hopes for it judging on the performance of my Z10 which am slowly getting use to and liking it so far. Tho found this mainstream media doom and gloom vid on YouTube from The Telegraph:

BlackBerry's belated attempt to join the touchscreen party is too little too late, according to Matt Warman.

09-29-13 07:27 AM
    Serves bbry right, release phones with buggy half baked software, failed marketing, and consistent missed promises you deserve to sink. Hope heins enjoys his 55mil
    09-29-13 07:37 AM
    Wow, they joined the touch screen market way back with the Storm then the torch and now the Z. So which one was late?
    grover5 likes this.
    09-29-13 07:39 AM
    I'm not even on the boat as I can't buy one yet
    09-29-13 07:41 AM
    Dude sounded negative against BlackBerry from the start of the video.

It was just this pompous jack arse flipping the screen around and dissing physical keyboard.
    Meh...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:37 AM
    Wow, they joined the touch screen market way back with the Storm then the torch and now the Z. So which one was late?
    No doubt. This guy also just discovered the interwebz.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:46 AM
    How is the 5" screen market crowded by Apple? haha Was this supposed to be a review of the Z30 or an update on BlackBerry's status because it surely wasn't the former
    09-29-13 09:04 AM
    How is the 5" screen market crowded by Apple? haha
    Yeah I thought I misheard it. He comes off a bit pompous. But, I agree, what was this video supposed to be?
    09-29-13 09:29 AM
    Every time someone says blackberry missed the boat it makes me feel like this compared to their devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:34 AM
    It certainly wasn't a review of the phone since he didn't show off a single feature other then swiping at random.

But, it's this kind of commentary, coupled with consumer uncertainty about the future of BlackBerry that will result in the abysmal failure of the Z30. The Z30 will make the Z10 look like a smashing success so I hope BlackBerry hasn't made very many of them.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    09-29-13 09:44 AM
    And the answer is...

[campy game show music]

ALL OF THEM!!!

The BlackBerry Storm was half baked, late to market, and offered a solution that no one asked for to the problem of accidentally causing an unintended action with a misplaced tap. The Storm 2 improved the screens click mechanism slightly, but still no one wanted it.

The Torch came out when big touchscreen phones had already taken over the market with a pitifully poor quality, teeny little screen on a big, bulky, underpowered phone. Again, half baked. The torch 2 had a dramatically better quality screen, though still way to small, a much better processor and dedicated graphics chip, but in the exact same big bulky body.

Then there was the Torch 9860 just to confuse people who thought they knew what a Torch was but here comes this other phone called Torch that while had really good ergonomics, had this bizarre plastic screen, no NFC and half the memory of other BBOS 7 phones. This thing would have to survive nearly two years in the market before the Z10 would launch.

No one can argue that the Z10 was on time. BlackBerry themselves admitted to several delays on the Z10. A phone that launched with a 4.2" screen that is the same size as the original Samsung Galaxy S and internals slightly older then the Samsung Galaxy S III in the same year Samsung launched the Galaxy S 4.

So yeah, it's been an ongoing issue at BlackBerry for many years now that the company has been late to the game with devices that we not in line with what the market is looking for.

For the bonus point....

Who was the COO of Research in Motion in charge of devices for all of these failed phones except the Z10 as this same individual had been given a new title within the company by the time of it's launch?

[more campy game show music]

Thorsten Heins!
    techvisor, bodjor and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    09-29-13 10:03 AM
    The way BlackBerry is behaving is that they are grouping and plotting strategy for the future. The BlackBerry 10 has potential and they know that! Going private and focusing on the "prosumers"will buy them time. Slowly but surely native consumer apps will come their way. It's already happening with Instagram and vine. These are good signs.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:12 AM
    Meant regrouping

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:13 AM
    Ignoring everything he said in the 'review', the z30 looked very sexy

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 05:28 PM
    This guy's a ******. Just his aura makes me wanna hit him irl

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    09-29-13 06:11 PM
    It certainly wasn't a review of the phone since he didn't show off a single feature other then swiping at random.

But, it's this kind of commentary, coupled with consumer uncertainty about the future of BlackBerry that will result in the abysmal failure of the Z30. The Z30 will make the Z10 look like a smashing success so I hope BlackBerry hasn't made very many of them.
    thats one reason why sales of the Z10 and sales of any BlackBerry have been so low. sure blackberry did its share of abuse to the image but wall street and other news outlets abuse and negativity about the company and its finacials are a big reason why BlackBerry is where it is now and people don't seem to understand that.
    09-29-13 09:53 PM
    Gasp! ...The Storm
    09-29-13 10:03 PM
    The way BlackBerry is behaving is that they are grouping and plotting strategy for the future. The BlackBerry 10 has potential and they know that! Going private and focusing on the "prosumers"will buy them time. Slowly but surely native consumer apps will come their way. It's already happening with Instagram and vine. These are good signs.

Posted via CB10
    Did I miss the Instagram announcement?
    09-29-13 10:05 PM
    This video is a joke.

I mean who still has a max resolution of 240p on youtube anymore?

Especially for a website that reviews technology.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    09-29-13 10:52 PM
    The video guy is still telling jokes that start with" Did you hear the one about..."

Trusted Member Genius
    10-02-13 05:39 AM