Hey guys,

I am posting this thread to make it easier for people who got similar issue with their BB Z30!

I have been using the device for around a month now. Two weeks ago, my device started rebooting randomly and at some point the backside became very hot and the screen went totally black. I noticed that the LED light was blinking RED for half a second and then followed by fast 6 RED blinks. Tried to reboot, reset, removed the SIM...nothing helped the device LED was just blinking/Screen was always black.

Plugged it in my laptop and ran the BB Link; it asked me to reload the OS. It was a nightmare because I had no previous backup; I knew that I was sc****** up! Anyhow, it took around 3 hours to reload the OS. I switched the device ON, and after few hours of use, it crashed again. However this time, it gave me an error on the blackscreen: BlackBerry 10 OS error codes - US (here is the link: KB34545-BlackBerry 10 smartphone will not startup and displays an image with a link to www.bberror.com). It is a badd error.

I took my chanced again; I reloaded the OS, it worked for couple of days and again the same crash happened. RED LED blinking with same frequency. I was instructed by my retailer to bring it back for service.

Been a BB user for the past 5 years, never had such a serious issue. I will let you know the feedback of the service center. I guess my unit is defective. Will keep you posted.
    12-25-13 03:11 PM
    That sucks, is it a carrier unit or direct from BlackBerry? Because it works for a short period document the hell out if it and I nude it in the package so they know not to do a simple reload and shop it back to you? I don't trust repair depots to fully diagnose.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 04:52 PM
    Have you tried to load the 1925 leak. With an autoloader.

Posted on my Z30 on CB10.
    12-25-13 05:13 PM
    You should be on warranty, right? Then no need to worry; it's only the temporary inconvenience that will bother you. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-25-13 06:03 PM
    Hi Saint613,

The unit is not a carrier unit, I bought it from an authorized reseller in UAE. I documented everything and will let you know what the service center will tell me. I don't have a reply yet, but I will keep you posted for sure.
    12-27-13 05:35 PM
    Hi WincyUT, yup I am on warranty, I hope this doesn't happen again, cuz I started loosing hope with BB. I will let you know what happens with the service center.
    12-27-13 05:36 PM
    Hi Siff,

Nope didn't have chance to work around the 1925 leak. I have a very solid hardware knowledge and I come from computer systems' background. I am 90% confident that my BB is defected, either battery issue or crappy memory module.

Will let u know what happens
    12-27-13 05:37 PM
    That's too bad. No trouble with mine at all. You must have a defective unit or installed badly a leaked OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:12 PM
    Hi Siff,

Nope didn't have chance to work around the 1925 leak. I have a very solid hardware knowledge and I come from computer systems' background. I am 90% confident that my BB is defected, either battery issue or crappy memory module.

Will let u know what happens
    Hope it's not defective, try loading the leak 1925 and just hold your power button until it starts if it doesn't automatically. It should take.

Posted from my Z30
    12-27-13 11:30 PM
    Hope it's not defective, try loading the leak 1925 and just hold your power button until it starts if it doesn't automatically. It should take.

Posted from my Z30
    This is not meant as an insult or anything like that, but I hope it is a hardware error. Just because they can occur on single devices. If it was due to a software problem, this would mean a lot more people will meet this.
    Just a thought

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:12 AM
    I had something similar happen to me this morning. Mine is flashing red once, then 3 red flashes and then nadda - no power-on or anything. Link doesn't allow me to restore or anything - says it cannot communicate with the device. Tried the leak too, no dice. It seems bricked as I've tried all power button combinations. I'm hoping a complete battery deplete will maybe cause it to work again?? But with it only flashing the red light that could take a week??

Thoughts anyone?

This is not meant as an insult or anything like that, but I hope it is a hardware error. Just because they can occur on single devices. If it was due to a software problem, this would mean a lot more people will meet this.
    Just a thought

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:09 PM
    I had something similar happen to me this morning. Mine is flashing red once, then 3 red flashes and then nadda - no power-on or anything. Link doesn't allow me to restore or anything - says it cannot communicate with the device. Tried the leak too, no dice. It seems bricked as I've tried all power button combinations. I'm hoping a complete battery deplete will maybe cause it to work again?? But with it only flashing the red light that could take a week??

Thoughts anyone?
    Mine just crapped ouut on me too. I did noticed I get the 3 red flashes if I continously hold onto the power button as well. Have you gotten any luck with calling bb? I recently posted my troubles here;

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9806104

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 09:21 AM
    Not yet, I don't even know what BB number to call - they say to contact the original vendor for support or your carrier - obviously because I bought on eBay my original seller told me to contact BB. Hmm. This is coincidental that our issue is happening at the same time? Were you on the latest leak or a carrier OS? I was on the latest leak.
    Mine just crapped ouut on me too. I did noticed I get the 3 red flashes if I continously hold onto the power button as well. Have you gotten any luck with calling bb? I recently posted my troubles here;

BlackBerry Employee Purchase for holidays Z30 $349 - Page 7 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 09:24 AM
    Not yet, I don't even know what BB number to call - they say to contact the original vendor for support or your carrier - obviously because I bought on eBay my original seller told me to contact BB. Hmm. This is coincidental that our issue is happening at the same time? Were you on the latest leak or a carrier OS? I was on the latest leak.
    I was on the carrier os. I've tried calling two numbers for BlackBerry, first one can be found at www.blackberry.com/supportplan (I've couldn't get through to that number, was on hold for 30 minutes in two tries)

Second number is the support for the Playbook, but if you call they will transfer you to another department;

[email protected]

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410

I've also tweeted @blackberryhelp but those guys havent responded.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 09:32 AM
    Did anyone do anything for you at all / help at all?

I was on the carrier os. I've tried calling two numbers for BlackBerry, first one can be found at BlackBerry Support Plan Service Terms - Complimentary Support - US (I've couldn't get through to that number, was on hold for 30 minutes in two tries)

Second number is the support for the Playbook, but if you call they will transfer you to another department;

[email protected]

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410

I've also tweeted @blackberryhelp but those guys havent responded.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:18 AM
    Did anyone do anything for you at all / help at all?
    No they didn't. They said I would need to go through the employee who bought the phone for me from. Problem is I can't get a hold of him anymore. I was quite upset that they couldn't help, I've even pleaded with them that I am a big BlackBerry supporter who has owned at one time the z10, q10, q5 and now z30.

I do have a Fido contact, who is asking the Fido BlackBerry rep for help. Waiting to hear back from them...

If all else fails I should go back to my trusty 8700...it can survive through almost anything unlike my z30 experience so far lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by k__dam; 01-04-14 at 11:08 AM.
    01-04-14 10:48 AM
    No luck here either. Called my carrier and since I did not buy directly from them they won't / can't help.

I've asked my eBay supplier to see if they have an original receipt that I can use.

I'm going to next try opening it up and seeing what I can do myself.

No they didn't. They said I would need to go through the employee who bought the phone for me from. Problem is I can't get a hold of him anymore. I was quite upset that they couldn't help, I've even pleaded with them that I am a big BlackBerry supporter who has owned at one time the z10, q10, q5 and now z30.

I do have a Fido contact, who is asking the Fido BlackBerry rep for help. Waiting to hear back from them...

If all else fails I should go back to my trusty 8700...it can survive through almost anything unlike my z30 experience so far lol

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:56 PM
    We picked up a Z30 from Bell back in October. In late November the touchscreen failed and they replaced it. Then the phone got stuck or bricked so it is off for replacement. Sweet sweet unit when it was working but Damn I hope they give us a new one. Not a refurbished unit. Still hopeful.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:04 PM
    What was the issue with your bricked unit ? Mine is doing one red flash and then 3 subsequent fast red flashes. No screen activity whatsoever.

Interested in hearing what your symptoms were - I literally had to buy a new one because I got the previous one from eBay.

We picked up a Z30 from Bell back in October. In late November the touchscreen failed and they replaced it. Then the phone got stuck or bricked so it is off for replacement. Sweet sweet unit when it was working but Damn I hope they give us a new one. Not a refurbished unit. Still hopeful.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:08 PM
    What was the issue with your bricked unit ? Mine is doing one red flash and then 3 subsequent fast red flashes. No screen activity whatsoever.

Interested in hearing what your symptoms were - I literally had to buy a new one because I got the previous one from eBay.
    It was stuck in a repeating cycle where it was dead if not plugged in, unresponsive to all the usual button presses, volume plus minus etc... then plug it in and it had a red led steady for about 8-10 seconds then the BlackBerry logo for another 10 seconds then a quick yellow led flash, then blank for a few seconds, then back to the steady red led for 8-10 seconds... over and over all night long. took it back to the phone store and waiting for a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:37 PM
    just tried autoloader with the latest z30 leak, pc would not recognize the phone. I was able to get to the password screen but phone wouldn't stay 'on' long enough.
    01-04-14 08:48 PM
    I've gotten the exact same thing! Do you get one red flash followed by 3 more?

This really sucks, can't believe it's a brick - thought this phone was solid!

just tried autoloader with the latest z30 leak, pc would not recognize the phone. I was able to get to the password screen but phone wouldn't stay 'on' long enough.
    01-04-14 11:26 PM
    I've gotten the exact same thing! Do you get one red flash followed by 3 more?

This really sucks, can't believe it's a brick - thought this phone was solid!
    I only get 1 red flash, but if I hold onto the power button the red flash would continue. I didn't count but probably 3 more times

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 10:56 AM
    Hi Guys,

Listen to what happened to me with my BB Z30. The service center informed me that "the device has nothing and it is working well". I refused to take it back and I insisted that the device is not normal. They said they did flashing for the OS, I said that I already did it 3 times!!! As if they never listened to me when I first dropped it there!! After arguing for like 30min, they agreed at the end to keep it there and retest it. They never called back (what a customer care service!!!). I went there and voila! Same s.... discussion again: "sir your BB was test and it has nothing faulty". I was fed up. Spending like 4 hours of my time for pickup, drop, and convincing people who doesn't want to be convinced!!! this was serious. The manager there said that if it happens again we will then investigate with Blackberry. They wanted me to take the phone. I took it and heheheh, I gave it a shot, just added few email accounts and...here it is again, it reboots by itself every once in a while, I have to literally Reset it 3 times in an hour!!!!! and just waiting for the moment when everything disappears. What hurts more is that I am on continuous travel and this device is not reliable at all!!!

I am gonna send it back to them when I reach Dubai again. But definitely Im buying an non-blackberry device either today or tomorrow max.

I was in love with BB until i bought this Z30; it is not worth at all!!
    01-17-14 03:32 AM
    You're not being fair, every brand has faulty units, if your device is malfunctioning, ask for a new one. My Z30 is running great and no problems at all. My wife's Q10 ob the other hand was resetting and BlackBerry gave us a new one and until today is perfect

Posted with my awesome Z30
    01-17-14 04:31 AM
26 12