Hi I just joined the blackberry family today with my new z30.very excited but facing a problem as soon s I opened the box, I connected the device to my WiFi ie a normal home WiFi network. But after just 2 mins of use the WiFi crashed and all devices connected started showing an limited access error. I thot the problem is with WiFi network. I waited for it to work but it didn't. So I restarted my router and it worked. After using net on other devices is nexus 7 tab and laptop I again picked up the Z30. And the limited access thing happened again. And them again and again. What should I do . should I call for a replacement for Z30. What is wrong pls help !!

-There are no ip conflicts i rebooted everything several times and i am frustrated now after buying the phone. I had expectations. Should i call for a replacemnt i just got it yesterday.
    -Should i try to update it to 10.3 and try.
    Last edited by Lalit Kumar 4; 05-27-15 at 06:49 AM.
    05-25-15 01:01 PM
    Have you logged into your router to see everything that's connected and made sure their are no IP address conflicts?
    05-25-15 02:35 PM
    There are no ip conflicts i rebooted everything several times and i am frustrated now after buying the phone. I had expectations. Should i call for a replacemnt i just got it yesterday.
    -Should i try to update it to 10.3 and try.
    05-26-15 02:51 AM
    What is the exact brand and model ID of the wifi router?
    Are all devices set to "auto obtain IP address"?
    Is the router configured to use DHCP?
    What is the exact model and OS version of your Passport, type "myver" followed by a space in your next reply.
    05-26-15 03:21 AM
    That shouldn't ever happen... a device cannot crash a router...
    There's some issue with the router settings... maybe just do a factory restore and put DHCP in place...

Posted via my  z30/2744
    05-26-15 03:26 AM
    Start an email and on a separate line type

myver (then press the Spacebar)

It will show you the Model and OS version installed on the phone. Copy that info to a Reply here. That might help figure out some things.

But I've never heard of a phone killing a wifi router so it could be some hardware problem.

Download Blackberry Virtual Expert (it may be included in newer versions of the OS). It contains a series of tests. See if it shows any problems.

Good luck
    05-26-15 08:52 AM
    That shouldn't ever happen... a device cannot crash a router...
    There's some issue with the router settings... maybe just do a factory restore and put DHCP in place...

wrong, a device can crash a router. I saw that happen a lot of time with some old WiFi adapters (200x - 2011) in PCs and twice with my new Z30 with the ISP's crappy router.
    05-26-15 10:44 AM
    wrong, a device can crash a router. I saw that happen a lot of time with some old WiFi adapters (200x - 2011) in PCs and twice with my new Z30 with the ISP's crappy router.
    He's sort of correct as he stated it. It * shouldn't * crash a router. Cannot is maybe a bit far.
    Bar a device sending out enough noise to block all radio communication, it should not be possible for a single device to DoS a WiFi station for everyone.
    In practice, as you stated, it obviously does happen. Hence my question about what router he has. If it's a known duffer then that might give a clue.
    In any case, the router may not be crashed at all, it may just seen that way. Disconnecting all connected devices bar a PC and then trying to log in to the router might yield more info.

OP, have you tried your device on a different Wifi network?
    05-26-15 10:54 AM
    TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router
    Check it on flipkart u cud see the specifications.

its on auto obtain address , DHCP i have tried enable and disable mode both, I have a Z30 manufactured Nov2014, BB OS 10.2
    I am not currently using the phone as i have to cut my sim to get into that phone, and i wont be able to return to my Samsung Note back . I have to return as theres no wifi working in it. So i cant do the myver thing.
    I find it very strangle because making my old Samsung note as hotspot, i could use Z30's wifi like normal. and i tried using my friends router plugged in the same sockets and i used wifi for about 10 mins and it worked. Maybe its just with this router. I dont know but buying a new router is just another headache for me. If i wont be able to correct it i wud buy it soon.
    and another super strange thing i tried to update the OS to 10.3 by shutting the z30's wifi off ,connecting it to blackberry link and is freakishly showed no network connection in 2 mins too, and i just cant update while i am using chrome all the time .
    Its definately not a good start for me with my BB.
    05-27-15 02:37 AM
    I had an old linksys router that had this exact issue and only with my Android phone. I could connect to it with PCs, and all my blackberrys. But my Android phone would crash it every time.

Replaced the router and the issue went away.

Never figured our the issue.

No not an IP conflict. Which shouldn't crash it anyway.

Anyhoo... It happens. None of this stuff is perfect even when it supposedly adheres to standards.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-27-15 02:52 AM
    Yes i got the myver - Z30STA 100-2/10.2.1.3442
    05-27-15 03:24 AM
    Dude, first things first, congrats for your new device. You'll see it's very much worth each penny spent as you use it, well I mean, I hope so.
    Now let's be honest, BlackBerry 10 and especially the Z30 is well known for its wifi issues. A little search on the forums will prove me right.
    I have been a big fan of BlackBerry since the start. And I have been true to them in their hardest times. But this wifi issue is just not acceptable and the least they could do is seriously acknowledging & addressing it instead of false promises of fixes, un efficient work arounds and other such gimmicks : one does not have to invest in a new router just to make one device work be it a BlackBerry while the others do not have a problem, and with no guarantee of it even ever working any better. That is called scam and it is not correct. We BlackBerry lovers will help way better by facing the truth.

Sorry, but that was my two cents.
    You can try and play with your settings like channels, etc. It's sort of a guess and try game at which some have been lucky, most not, especially on the Z30...

Now to be pragmatic the best work arounds at the moment are to disable 5 ghz and connect on the 2.4 ghz band on both modem and device. Disabling the radio (and/or data) sometimes also helps. Turning wifi and/or device off for some 10 minutes or just restarting it helps too.
    But finally, the quickest and best solution I've found is leave everything on and straight restart my modem.

Hope it helps and again, welcome to BlackBerry which still is a tremendous tool that quite over compensates its wifi minor bugs with all the great features it has to offer. Well, according to me...

Z30 / 10.3.1.2558
    05-27-15 03:51 AM
    TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router
    Have you updated the firmware for your router recently? Depending on exactly which hardware revision you have there have been some recent updates published. See here :
    http://uk.tp-link.com/support/download/?model=TL-WR740N
    I find it very strangle because making my old Samsung note as hotspot, i could use Z30's wifi like normal. and i tried using my friends router plugged in the same sockets and i used wifi for about 10 mins and it worked. Maybe its just with this router.
    So the z30 wifi works using a hotspot and on a different Wifi router, even on your own provider sockets. Definitely points towards the router as the problem.
    and another super strange thing i tried to update the OS to 10.3 by shutting the z30's wifi off ,connecting it to blackberry link and is freakishly showed no network connection in 2 mins too
    So, if I've understood correctly, you have disabled wifi on the z30, then connected it using a USB cable to a PC running link, and after 2 minutes the router fails again.
    The TP Link is not liking something that BlackBerry is sending.
    Its definately not a good start for me with my BB.
    Until you know exactly what the problem is, who is causing it, and who is correctly or incorrectly complying with the standards for the various communication specifications, it's not fair just to blame the new kid on the block.

What I would do at this point is see if your exact router revision has a firmware update available, if yes, then download it.
    Reset the router back to factory defaults.
    Minimally configure it to be able to connect and apply the update.
    Apply the update.
    When done, complete any necessary configurations from scratch.
    Connect only your z30 and test the connection for more than 2 minutes.
    See what happens, then add more devices, checking each time.
    10_z_no gimmick likes this.
    05-27-15 03:57 AM
    Check this out too, your router has form:

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread....s-connectivity
    05-27-15 04:05 AM
    Here is what worked for me, on a Z10 (I guess it should work on your Z30, too):

1 - Log into the admin account on your wireless router

2 - Open the "Wireless" menu section

3 - Choose these settings:

Channel: Auto
    Mode: 11g only
    Channel Width: 20 MHz

4 - Save and reboot the router
    zaighum sadiq and baarn like this.
    05-27-15 04:23 AM

This was the solution for me , Finally i can get rid of my samsung n jump into my BB world. Thank you all who spent there time looking for my solution and just being helpful . You all are awesoommee.
    Finally. Thanks a ton it works like normal. Now i am Falling in love with my Z30
    05-27-15 06:55 AM

This was the solution for me , Finally i can get rid of my samsung n jump into my BB world. Thank you all who spent there time looking for my solution and just being helpful . You all are awesoommee.
    Finally. Thanks a ton it works like normal. Now i am Falling in love with my Z30
    Great! I'm glad it worked for you, too
    05-27-15 08:11 AM
    Great that atleast the problem is now solved... happy!

05-27-15 08:39 AM
    I have the exactttt same problem can someone please tell me how to fix it PLEASE!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 03:40 PM
    I have the exactttt same problem can someone please tell me how to fix it PLEASE!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    See if the advice in Reply 17 works for you.
    06-07-15 05:25 PM
    I did that......
    The problem is officially solved for me
    Haven't had a signal drop since yesterday
    I used to have it every 2 mins
    Yipppiee yayy

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 03:29 PM