Bought these on Amazon 2 weeks ago because they have fast forward/rewind plus play/pause controls on the headphones unlike the original set that comes with either the Z30 or Q10.

They worked well with the Z10 but now the controls don't work with my Z30. They've been reduced to standard premium headphones .

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: So after all that back and forth on this post. I plugged in my headphones this morning for my commute into work this morning and you can only imagine my surprise when I try to use the controls and........WTF, they're working now?! Unbelievable, I'm happy and SMH at the same time sheesh.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Last edited by Carmels; 10-20-14 at 07:28 AM.
    10-18-14 08:20 AM
    Get another pair of headphones that works with the Z30?

I never got any that came with ANY BlackBerry I have purchased since 2008 so be glad they worked for your Z10! lol at least you got some. My Bose that worked with my Z10 do not work with my Z30 either so I guess that's not too unusual to tell you the truth.
    10-18-14 08:35 AM
    Headphone and device industry NEEDS to be standard if it works for one it should work for all.

Z10
    10-18-14 09:05 AM
    Get another pair of headphones that works with the Z30?

I never got any that came with ANY BlackBerry I have purchased since 2008 so be glad they worked for your Z10! lol at least you got some. My Bose that worked with my Z10 do not work with my Z30 either so I guess that's not too unusual to tell you the truth.
    So let me get this straight. I paid $20 after shipping for an OEM BlackBerry product and although they're still functional from a listening to music perspective, I should be satisfied with non- functional controls? Which by the way, is the reason I specifically bought these earphones in the first place. I already have 3 sets of premium standard BlackBerry earphones from all my other devices. I don't need another standard set, what I need is for these earphones to work as advertised with controls.

The fact that you're ok with your BOSE headphones not working, shows me your not to concerned with cost on purchased items. BOSE headphones are not cheap and I for one would be pissed if I spent that much money on headphones that didn't work in my smartphone or any other devices I owned.

Just sayin'

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    10-18-14 10:20 AM
    Headphone and device industry NEEDS to be standard if it works for one it should work for all.

Z10
    100% agree! Whether I buy $100 earphones or $10 earphones they should at the very least operate as expected.

If you want to make an argument for differences in cost, then argue the superiority of sound quality. I shouldn't have a set of earphones that work in one BlackBerry not work in the same fashion in another. Especially since the Z30 is considered by most including myself, to be far more superior hardware then a Z10.

Just annoyed......

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    10-18-14 10:25 AM
    Why would you chew her out for? Call blackberry if you need to ***** vent.

Posted via CB10
    aha, jaydee5799 and sam81 like this.
    10-18-14 11:30 AM
    But I'm glad to hear a suggestion because I want to buy the ws430 myself for my Z30

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 03:08 PM
    Why would you chew her out for? Call blackberry if you need to ***** vent.

Posted via CB10
    Because I'm posting for advice and or help! Not silly comments about how I should thank my lucky stars I got earphones! If you have nothing relevant to say then why post?

And by the way, I will be calling BlackBerry for a warranty claim, but on the off chance someone on CB had the same experience and resolved it, I would appreciate the response.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Last edited by Carmels; 10-18-14 at 03:39 PM.
    10-18-14 03:23 PM
    She actually asked that as a question but that's here nor there.

I have heard that for whatever reason the premium set sometimes don't work on the z30 but they do for other blackberry phones as well as other brands of phones in general. I think it might be the coding in the z30 honestly but that's just my opinion. I don't have a z30 so I can't test it as I have a couple pair of the premium set to just so I can use the controls on them but honestly if they were working and stopped working I wouldn't get all uppity like you are now because they actually still work just not the buttons.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-18-14 03:33 PM

I have heard that for whatever reason the premium set sometimes don't work on the z30 but they do for other blackberry phones as well as other brands of phones in general. I think it might be the coding in the z30 honestly but that's just my opinion. I don't have a z30 so I can't test it as I have a couple pair of the premium set to just so I can use the controls on them but honestly if they were working and stopped working I wouldn't get all uppity like you are now because they actually still work just not the buttons.
    Read her post again, her advice posed as question is for me to get another set of headphones. Kind of defeats the purpose of trying to find a solution.

Anywho, I didn't post my issue for back and forth meaningless batter, if there is no known solution then I'll use the headphones as is and or contact BlackBerry for an official response.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Last edited by Carmels; 10-18-14 at 04:22 PM.
    10-18-14 03:56 PM
    Do these have the mute button on them? Does holding it down activate IA?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 04:29 PM
    Check the specs, if any, that they work with the Z30, if they should, return them. I don't know when they came out but they may not work with newer devices like Passport and Classic either...and I agree it would be good if they and other peripherals did work with whatever they get connected to but that may be more complicated than it seems.

Z30 144GB
    10-18-14 04:38 PM

Thanks. My point exactly. The headphones work; the buttons don't. There are very FEW brands that DO work with the BlackBerries and the Z30 in particular. EVEN my expensive Bose.
    10-18-14 06:09 PM
    Thanks. My point exactly. The headphones work; the buttons don't. There are very FEW brands that DO work with the BlackBerries and the Z30 in particular. EVEN my expensive Bose.
    Your logic is flawed. In essence the headphones don't work as intended if the controls that are a part of the product don't function. As a consumer, you nor I should be satisfied with that.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30! ?
    10-18-14 07:26 PM
    Do these have the mute button on them? Does holding it down activate IA?

Posted via CB10
    Ya these headphones have the mute in calls and play / pause during music. I don't think I've tried any specific sequence of buttons but at this point it's worth a try.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30! ?
    10-18-14 07:31 PM
    Come on I've had into the box on my new Z30. From my point of view are a step down from the last earphones from the Z10. Unfortunately I haven't keep that and gave to the buyer these earphones instead.
    Anyway from myself I can't stand more than 15 min with earphones because of my ear construction... I prefer and can wear the headphones and trying a few in the market I've find 2 models matched very well with the Z30:
    1. Sennhaiser Momentum, best experience ever!
    2. Skull Candy aviator, very soft on your had, seems you have it embedded in your head!

By the way I've tried also the mighty Beats Audio really didn't impressed me, don't match even with lower models from the competition.

Proudly Z30 owner
    10-19-14 01:14 AM