My impression was that it was due in fall which could mean september too. 4 months doesn't even begin to account for wireless testing either which takes a lot of time. It's not only about designing the hardware and slapping things together then running up to the carriers and say hey look.
    07-25-13 10:50 AM
    I agree with the time frame. But I was under the impression that this phone was due our for the holidays.

Still gives them 4 months to fix it
    It will be out late Sept or early Oct and the idea that they could do anything beyond extremely minor updates to the casing are quite frankly laughable, anything more extensive would require them to restart all their certification that will already be ongoing right from the start with the net result that the device would not be out for Xmas and might as well be binned.
    07-25-13 02:52 PM
    07-25-13 09:57 PM
    Listen, i am a BlackBerry addict and will /have bought every touchscreen you have built, regardless of how mediocre they have been. I love the z10, and i think it is the best typing experience on the planet but then again I have a biased towards BlackBerry devices, and it really hasn't sold that well.

So , YOU need to create your flagship phone, the A10 with at least the best available specs currently available. THEN up them by at least 25% (when they technology actually exists)

Either build this phone so everyone on the planet wants it, or give all employees the rest of the summer off.

There is absolutely no reason to believe a mediocre spec'd out phone will sell any better than the z10

Either do it right or lay off the entire hardware decision.

This is your last kick at the can for the hardware side of things

I fully see a bright future of service revenues for BlackBerry, but don't bother trying to run with the big dogs unless you are prepared to lift your leg

Posted via CB10
    Not gonna happen. Some believe the A10 will have enough push to turn it all around along with the other devices. My question is.....what's Plan B? I plan on sticking with my Z10. I have not and never expected BlackBerry to give me a Smartphone with the best specs. However, right now, I'm not feelin' the A10 and not because of the price. It just reminds me of my Z10- just slightly bigger. Yeah, I've read the specs- several times.
    07-25-13 11:28 PM
    Not gonna happen. Some believe the A10 will have enough push to turn it all around along with the other devices. My question is.....what's Plan B? I plan on sticking with my Z10. I have not and never expected BlackBerry to give me a Smartphone with the best specs. However, right now, I'm not feelin' the A10 and not because of the price. It just reminds me of my Z10- just slightly bigger. Yeah, I've read the specs- several times.
    This device is coming out 9 months after the z10, surely nobody at BB is so optimistic as to expect a huge amount of upgrading from the z10 to the a10, this device is more of an alternative option to expand the reach of the BB10 range as a whole.

While I am sure they would be delighted if sales of any single model went through the roof, it is all about steady growth with each new device in the range moving them forwards.
    07-26-13 08:43 AM
    This device is coming out 9 months after the z10, surely nobody at BB is so optimistic as to expect a huge amount of upgrading from the z10 to the a10, this device is more of an alternative option to expand the reach of the BB10 range as a whole.

While I am sure they would be delighted if sales of any single model went through the roof, it is all about steady growth with each new device in the range moving them forwards.
    Agreed....the key is moving forward.
    07-26-13 11:30 AM
    We don't you do

Posted Via CB10 | C00016D82
    07-27-13 09:25 PM
    i'm begging crackberry readers to stop basign assumptions off speculation, we don't know for sure this is whats being released and have to have faith and hope that BlackBerry knows what they are doing and will do whats right for the company as a whole
    07-28-13 03:44 AM
    Two words: Ubuntu Edge. This phone will be the latest and greatest with amazing specs and build quality.

BlackBerry needs to make SOLID devices! Better build quality is needed. And the specs under the hood better CRUSH the Z10. Why would people want a bigger version of the Z10? They won't, and it certainly won't be enough to make current BB10 users switch to the new device. BlackBerry needs to take its time on this device and make sure it is packing in nothing but the best and newest technology. The competition moves fast, and BlackBerry is still falling behind.

Ubuntu Edge is slated for shipments in May 2014. Let's see what BlackBerry has to offer by then.
    No, Ubuntu Edge is nothing but vaporware until they get their 32 Million via Indiegogo. At the rate they're going, they'll be lucky to hit 15 Million.
    07-28-13 03:55 AM
    Unfortunately some people think it takes a few weeks or a month to redesign hardware. It's not that easy going backwards
    Ummm, well they could have thought it through better before putting out this crappy spec sheet. It's so appalling, i want a Sony phone now.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:53 PM
    Ummm, well they could have thought it through better before putting out this crappy spec sheet. It's so appalling, i want a Sony phone now.

Posted via CB10
    I can guess right now that the A10 will sell ok but it won't be a saviour for BlackBerry.

As everyone else is basically saying it with the leaked speaks it should have been on the market 6 months ago if it were to be competitive. If they release it with those specs this fall near X-mas it is already obsolete.

It should be 1080P, quad core, 3GB ram, 12MPixel camera, etc. That is, if BlackBerry wants to get people to turn their heads and take a second look and have the ability for dead-body sales people to spew out those specs to customers.

Because you know right now that any salesperson is going to say "Well, this one is Quad-core with 1080P...." and BlackBerry will lose a sale.

I've already lost confidence in this company after their terrible last quarter and their reversal on Playbook upgrade to BB10 (you either do it or you don't, but don't say you are for months stringing people along only to cancel it). That just speaks volumes of what's going on inside the company...and it doesn't look good!
    07-29-13 01:21 PM
    I can guess right now that the A10 will sell ok but it won't be a saviour for BlackBerry.

As everyone else is basically saying it with the leaked speaks it should have been on the market 6 months ago if it were to be competitive. If they release it with those specs this fall near X-mas it is already obsolete.

It should be 1080P, quad core, 3GB ram, 12MPixel camera, etc. That is, if BlackBerry wants to get people to turn their heads and take a second look and have the ability for dead-body sales people to spew out those specs to customers.

Because you know right now that any salesperson is going to say "Well, this one is Quad-core with 1080P...." and BlackBerry will lose a sale.

I've already lost confidence in this company after their terrible last quarter and their reversal on Playbook upgrade to BB10 (you either do it or you don't, but don't say you are for months stringing people along only to cancel it). That just speaks volumes of what's going on inside the company...and it doesn't look good!
    All this and they need to release a blackberry branded multi cast to hdmi dongle.

A10 also needs native Netflix and Pandora.

And do a bundle deal with the dongle and the a10!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 10:18 PM
37 12