Listen, i am a BlackBerry addict and will /have bought every touchscreen you have built, regardless of how mediocre they have been. I love the z10, and i think it is the best typing experience on the planet but then again I have a biased towards BlackBerry devices, and it really hasn't sold that well.

So , YOU need to create your flagship phone, the A10 with at least the best available specs currently available. THEN up them by at least 25% (when they technology actually exists)

Either build this phone so everyone on the planet wants it, or give all employees the rest of the summer off.

There is absolutely no reason to believe a mediocre spec'd out phone will sell any better than the z10

Either do it right or lay off the entire hardware decision.

This is your last kick at the can for the hardware side of things

I fully see a bright future of service revenues for BlackBerry, but don't bother trying to run with the big dogs unless you are prepared to lift your leg

Posted via CB10
    bmr50, Dan Lam, colin97 and 5 others like this.
    07-15-13 08:53 AM
    There are plenty of threads like this. Why not just reply in one of them, rather than create a new one?

Posted via CB10
    berbaboy9 likes this.
    07-15-13 08:56 AM
    Because i want BlackBerry to see the demand.

Thank you for your question

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:52 AM
    I don't need a phone sd good as my laptop, but others do. Bbry needs this yo be monstrous.
    07-15-13 10:11 AM
    Well, they up the screen size at least.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:19 AM
    That would be kind of like Kia introducing a sportscar to compete with the Corvette, Porsche, Nissan GT-R, etc. It doesn't cater to their existing user base nor will it attract high-end smartphone buyers who want to use the latest apps.
    07-15-13 10:59 AM
    I don't want t to pay 400 dollars on contract for a phone

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:00 AM
    That would be kind of like Kia introducing a sportscar to compete with the Corvette, Porsche, Nissan GT-R, etc. It doesn't cater to their existing user base nor will it attract high-end smartphone buyers who want to use the latest apps.
    Please don't compare BlackBerry to KIA. Lol

If anything, we're like Mazda. Good stuff, expensive parts and labour, loyal customer base, but we're clearly behind Toyota and Honda.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Neither do I lol. But phones with crazy specs usually fall into the $150- $300 on contract range.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 05:11 PM
    "BlackBerry we beg you to up the ante with the A10"

This made me think of a good poker analogy. The different smartphone vendors are going through rounds of betting. When your turn comes, you either call by matching what the previous vendors put up, raise the pot, or fold. In this scenario BB is like a poker player who fell asleep, woke up just in time to bet and tried to call on a raise that was done a year ago.
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-15-13 05:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    $49 on contract today, will buy a phone that comes with a 5 inch screen with 1080p, a Quad-Core, and 2gb of ram. By the time the A10 arrives, the phone I'm describing will be absolutely free with a contract.

The A10 is more proof that BlackBerry simply can't compete anymore.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    07-15-13 07:15 PM
    I suppose 1080p screen and even bigger battery wouldn't be a bad move.

Just for the sake of saying "look at our ginormous phablet. It lasts a day and a half!".

After all, we all now that such screens are just another ploy to sell us stuff we don't need. But that's what they need to do: sell like hell.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 07:28 PM
    Yeah, a monster battery would be killer.

I wish my Z lasted longer. I think part of the battery life problem is die torn the fact that I am now on this thing all the time since it is so awesome.

But a bigger sharper screen would kick ***.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 07:40 PM
    The parts for the A10 were ordered many months ago and it is likely in assembly. There is no "upping the ante"
    Bla1ze, nquyen and StutterStep like this.
    07-24-13 11:16 AM
    Why don't we all write one petition letter as a whole cb community and voice our concerns on this A10 specs matters that let them know A10 spec is not good enough to compete with those other phones coming out. Remember the z10 UI problem before? We cried too loud they decided to improve it upon request by the cb community

Posted via CB10
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    07-24-13 11:30 AM
    I'd never call for LAYOFFS of an entire division...but I agree with the general theme of the OP's post.. a few unnoticeable spec upgrades on a bigger screen doesn't exactly sound like a winning formula.

If anything, a better camera and 1080p screen would probably be enough to get more existing Z10 owners to really want an A10. This is the case for me anyways. They could save themselves a little by naming this the Z00 or whatever is printed on the inside of the back of the phone we saw on video.

Could you imagine if Mercedes Benz launched an AMG version of their S-Class with only slightly better specs than their E-Class?
    That's what the AMG version of the E-Class would be for.

It's the same thing BlackBerry is doing, and I don't know how anyone in their right mind would green light such a minor upgrade and labeling it as their flagship device.

Like Thorsten Heins has said, the experience on BlackBerry10 is what they're focused on, and I know the experience on the A10 will be great. I know because I have a Q10 and Z10, and can only imagine how great BlackBerry10 will be on a big screen.

But BlackBerry, why not give your best device the best hardware that's available?? We're not asking for a finger print scanner embedded in the screen, just a better camera and a higher resolution screen.

It's like we are all watching BlackBerry load the gun to shoot themselves in the foot... and I hate that because I love BlackBerry.
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    07-24-13 01:35 PM
    All that I would ask for that is not already on the A10 is a bigger drive... over 64gb

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 02:40 PM
    It needs to have quad core. I don't care but all the pundits will. Also 8mp camera will be a huge disappointment when Lumia has 41, new Sony Xperia will have 20 and S4 has 13. At least make it 12 mp and with better low light. Screen it is what it is. I would prefer 1080p that's the standard but looks like BlackBerry is going to keep it 720p to please developers.

Posted via CB10
    icedkermit likes this.
    07-24-13 04:21 PM
    But BlackBerry, why not give your best device the best hardware that's available?? We're not asking for a finger print scanner embedded in the screen, just a better camera and a higher resolution screen.
    The processor between Z10 and A10 is a huge difference actually. From a S4 Plus and Adreno 225 to Snapdragon 600 dual core. Krait 300 architecutre (compared to Qualcomm's first Krait). And top it off with a Adrena 320.

So the main brains of the phone is actually a big improvement from the Z10.

Compared to the competition it does leave more to be desired.

I was hoping for 1080p. Yes, I know at 5" the ppi will make minimal difference. But I'd prefer not to see oversized icons on my 5" display.
    07-24-13 05:10 PM
    It needs to have quad core. I don't care but all the pundits will. Also 8mp camera will be a huge disappointment when Lumia has 41, new Sony Xperia will have 20 and S4 has 13. At least make it 12 mp and with better low light. Screen it is what it is. I would prefer 1080p that's the standard but looks like BlackBerry is going to keep it 720p to please developers.

Posted via CB10
    Megapixels aren't everything, but if we're to judge by the Z10's camera performance, it'll only be mediocre.
    07-25-13 01:02 AM
    The parts for the A10 were ordered many months ago and it is likely in assembly. There is no "upping the ante"
    Unfortunately some people think it takes a few weeks or a month to redesign hardware. It's not that easy going backwards
    07-25-13 01:09 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the a10 has the same old snapdragons processor as the z10? They just overclocked it to 1.7 ghz

Phone has basically the same specs as the z10

I want the following

1. Option for more storage
    2. Better camera - doesn't have to be huge, but some kind of upgrade
    3. More ram - 3 or 4 gb
    4. Faster dual core processor
    5. I also hope the speakers are louder than the z10
    6. Removable battery

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 01:57 AM
    I guess the camera is upgraded, just not the megapixels

I hope the specs on the a10 are not as reported

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 02:00 AM
    Two words: Ubuntu Edge. This phone will be the latest and greatest with amazing specs and build quality.

BlackBerry needs to make SOLID devices! Better build quality is needed. And the specs under the hood better CRUSH the Z10. Why would people want a bigger version of the Z10? They won't, and it certainly won't be enough to make current BB10 users switch to the new device. BlackBerry needs to take its time on this device and make sure it is packing in nothing but the best and newest technology. The competition moves fast, and BlackBerry is still falling behind.

Ubuntu Edge is slated for shipments in May 2014. Let's see what BlackBerry has to offer by then.
    07-25-13 09:47 AM
    Unfortunately some people think it takes a few weeks or a month to redesign hardware. It's not that easy going backwards
    I agree with the time frame. But I was under the impression that this phone was due our for the holidays.

Still gives them 4 months to fix it

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 10:26 AM
37 12