I see the responses to these supposed A10 specs and I have to wonder...WTF are half of you even doing on Crackberry? If you don't like BlackBerry, or you need to **** and moan about things that don't warrant pissing and moaning...go somewhere else.
    The only thing that's hurting BlackBerry is all the negativity on a site dedicated to BlackBerry love. If you want BlackBerry to succeed...good...then say something positive about BlackBerry. Don't keep ******** and whining about trivial **** for the world to see...you're not helping BlackBerry.

The specs (other than the weak camera) are quite fine as far as I can see. I care nothing for redundant specs that the phone doesn't need.
    BB10 doesn't need a quad-core processor and I don't think anyone (at least no one that isn't clinically anal) cares about how many cores their phone has.
    Anyone that would get a phone bigger than 5" must have a few screws loose. Why would you want to stick something that size up to the side of your head whilst making phone calls?? It's bad enough, with levels of gamma radiation we're apparently exposing ourselves to with regular sized phones, why would you want to get a phone with that much more area that close to your brain?? People that buy Notes puzzle me.

I'll be getting one of these babies as soon as they release! My Z10 has been nothing but a joy to own and I would expect nothing less from the A10.
    So you have zero problem if they price the phone (if these specs pan out) against other flagship devices?
    07-16-13 11:29 PM
    Doesn't matter what is cb users think. Only the mass consumer counts and with these specs, it's not gonna fly well

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:35 PM
    ...and given their track record they will miss Christmas with the A10
    If the phone releases in Canada in August, it will probably come to the US by October / November.

I personally think that's the time line.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:23 AM
    i think the specs must have been upgraded by now
    07-17-13 05:47 AM
    I see the responses to these supposed A10 specs and I have to wonder...WTF are half of you even doing on Crackberry? If you don't like BlackBerry, or you need to **** and moan about things that don't warrant pissing and moaning...go somewhere else.
    The only thing that's hurting BlackBerry is all the negativity on a site dedicated to BlackBerry love. If you want BlackBerry to succeed...good...then say something positive about BlackBerry. Don't keep ******** and whining about trivial **** for the world to see...you're not helping BlackBerry.
    I'll be getting one of these babies as soon as they release! My Z10 has been nothing but a joy to own and I would expect nothing less from the A10.

My friend, I am sorry, but that makes no sense at all. Most people on here love BlackBerry and have a passion to see them succeed! That is why people are speaking up on these forums hoping that BlackBerry listens.

You are sold on BlackBerry, we are sold on BlackBerry (got my z10), but we just want to make sure that if BlackBerry calls this their flagship phone, then it lives up to what the masses want. Not what BB people would be more than satisfied with. BB needs to start leading even if they cannot lead for long in this industry. Following suit is not good enough.

This isn't a just a regular PC, but when I make a computer, I put the latest and greatest so that it can handle now and is ready to be upgraded in the future. I don't want to harp back on PlayBook as it is dead, but because it only had 1gb of ram when products were starting to roll out with two, BlackBerry says it cannot handle BB10. The flagship should be made future proof and ready to go.

You and I know this will be a great phone, but BlackBerry brand is damaged and the perception is that they make good enough phones, not the best. Will this one change their minds, I hope so, but if me as a z10 owner isn't even thinking about it like a good chunk of owners on here, why would a person with an iPhone, Android, WP upgrade. That is the troubling part.

One thing I know though is bb10 is solid as people who give the phone a shot like it for the most part, but they still need to bring elements that that says we are different and they need to market the **** out of it. Their marketing is probably the actual biggest problem.

To answer you with my long drawn out response lol, we want BlackBerry to succeed just as much as you, the difference is we would be giving BlackBerry love if we felt comfortable that this is a true flagship phone as according to the rumoured specs. It is not CB people who BlackBerry needs to sell to, it is the mass public that needs to be sold if they want to succeed. That is who my voice represents.

Posted via Me on my Z
    07-17-13 06:43 AM
    Give me good trade-in value on my PlayBook and you've got yourself a deal, BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Will a holster and screen protector do?

Free delivery.

Soon
    07-17-13 07:06 AM
    If BlackBerry consider this phone as a "flagship" device that means it should raise the specs !
    even If BlackBerry or the CEO thinks its enough the consumers at the ends doesn't care about what BlackBerry thinks, they need Quad-core processor with 12MP camera and 1080P screen so just give it to them. These specs are now out dated for consumers as a flagship device.
    07-17-13 08:51 AM
    If BlackBerry consider this phone as a "flagship" device that means it should raise the specs !
    even If BlackBerry or the CEO thinks its enough the consumers at the ends doesn't care about what BlackBerry thinks, they need Quad-core processor with 12MP camera and 1080P screen so just give it to them. These specs are now out dated for consumers as a flagship device.
    Interesting you would say Flagship Phone... What is a Flagship phone?
    Is the iPhone 5 a Flagship phone? With its Dual-Core 1.3GHz and 1GB of Memory and even lower screen resolution? Apple's excuse for calling its iPhone 5 a flag ship phone is that its iOS is OPTIMIZED and it DOES very well and even outperform the best Android Devices in the market. Yes even the Quad-Core CPU devices.

So here, we have BlackBerry's A10 with a faster Dual-Core CPU at 1.7GHz and a powerful Quad-Core Graphics which is what people should be looking at. It will be the graphics that will drive this devices interface. And 2GB of memory is the recommended ram size, 1GB being the bare minimum for BB10.

Specifications are not everything. 1080p, Quad-Core CPU, etc., costs you power loss with absolutely no noticeable performance improvement and/or visual screen appeal. Android WILL NOT make proper use of a Quad-Core CPU no matter how they market it.

Personally I think the A10 will make people dump their large Android phones for it hands down. It's quite evident BlackBerry 10 is the far better OS that utilized the hardware much better and more efficiently.
    Jaguarandine likes this.
    07-17-13 10:09 AM
    Thanks for posting this. This is a whole lot better than that silly posting of the back door and some artist renidition. Thanks a whole lot.
    07-17-13 10:21 AM
    i think the specs must have been upgraded by now
    I hope so. May I ask why you think so? I'm appalled at BB 16GB hard drive. I expect a 32GB A10 because I have many games and apps.

Some of Gameloft games demand more 1GB storage and i'm sure BB OS requires more than 1GB. Everything adds up quickly.

A big screen is good for watching movies online but it doesn't look good without HD screen. If you watch a movie or listen to music while making a phone call, is A10 LAG?
    Last edited by letmein13; 07-17-13 at 10:34 AM.
    07-17-13 10:23 AM
    What do you mean an HD screen? For a 5" device? It will look good on such a small screen regardless. They are all HD screens. You will only tell a difference when you look at a 40" screen or above.
    The A10 will look crisp and clean just like the Z10, Q10, iPhone 5, S4 etc.
    07-17-13 10:51 AM
    I agree. We Z10 owners got the shaft when only the Q10 got an OLED display (Dark Theme, better battery life, deeper colors) and Bluetooth Class 1 (ability to travel up to 300ft away on Bluetooth, better Music Gateway Connection; even the PlayBook has Class 1). My take is this: we all love the OS, and we all love BlackBerry. The Z10 is a nice foot in the door, but the A10 is all the way in. The reason we have cheaper **** displays compared to the Q10 (and even the cheaper Q5) is because if the launch was a disaster, those two phones would not have ever existed, and OLED displays aren't chump change. The A10 is BlackBerry 's way of giving us the phone they wish they could have given us out of the starting gate, and I'm on board because it's better than the Z10, and I want the best.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 11:20 AM
    A message to people who don't think specs sell your phone,

Why do you need to rethink your position?

Since the first release of iphones and android phones, we haven't seen many OS updates OR upgrades for iOS and android OS. However, phone hardware is getting better every year. In fact, every new iphone or android phone is slightly better than the old ones in term of hardware while iOS or android OS doesn't get any major update or upgrade in the same period. During these periods, all apps and games for iOS and android OS have been written to take the advantage of improved phone hardware. New phone hardware allows you to do things with your phone that you couldn't do before.

When you spend 600 or 700 USD or sign a 2 or 3 year contract for a new phone, you would not do it because of your phone's OS. You pay this premium price for improved phone hardware. If you think phone specs are not that important, you need to think again. Every recent iphone or android phone has the same OS with different hardware.

Furthermore, your phone costs less than mine because of our phone hardware, NOT the OS. Why is the price of q10 and z10 different when both of them have the same OS?

Yes, phone specs is important and is a factor in determining the sales.
    PhilipDZ likes this.
    07-17-13 11:30 AM
    Does blackberry really believe that this will get people to ditch their os 7 and lower devices to move up to blackberry 10...

Posted via CB10
    it seems like they are throwing in the towel with a galaxy note with a gig more of ram and a way worse screen. and thjis is cutting edge? sigh
    07-17-13 11:38 AM
    A message to people who don't think specs sell your phone,

Why do you need to rethink your position?

Since the first release of iphones and android phones, we haven't seen many OS updates OR upgrades for iOS and android OS. However, phone hardware is getting better every year. In fact, every new iphone or android phone is slightly better than the old ones in term of hardware while iOS or android OS doesn't get any major update or upgrade in the same period. During these periods, all apps and games for iOS and android OS have been written to take the advantage of improved phone hardware. New phone hardware allows you to do things with your phone that you couldn't do before.

When you spend 600 or 700 USD or sign a 2 or 3 year contract for a new phone, you would not do it because of your phone's OS. You pay this premium price for improved phone hardware. If you think phone specs are not that important, you need to think again. Every recent iphone or android phone has the same OS with different hardware.

Furthermore, your phone costs less than mine because of our phone hardware, NOT the OS. Why is the price of q10 and z10 different when both of them have the same OS?

Yes, phone specs is important and is a factor in determining the sales.
    This is plain wrong sir, I'm sorry but I had to point this out. My aunt is still using her old iPhone 4 from years ago and it has continued to get every major upgrade since it's release. In fact, there is a beta version of IOS 7 for it right now. I enjoy a good debate like anyone else, but doing a little research goes a long way toward getting others to see your point of view.
    07-17-13 11:51 AM
    This is plain wrong sir, I'm sorry but I had to point this out. My aunt is still using her old iPhone 4 from years ago and it has continued to get every major upgrade since it's release. In fact, there is a beta version of IOS 7 for it right now. I enjoy a good debate like anyone else, but doing a little research goes a long way toward getting others to see your point of view.
    1- Phone hardware development outpaces OS development.
    2- BB will release 2 major updates for OS 10 less than a year since the first release of OS 10 phone. I don't think iOS has that many updates in less than a year. How long did your aunt have to wait for a new iOS when she used iphone 4?
    3- When I say major updates or upgrades for OS, I mean that they add new functionalities or improve the existing features in OS.
    4- Would your aunt replace her old iphone 4 with an iphone 4s if both of them had the same hardware configuration with the exception that her old iphone 4 uses ios 6.1 and a new iphone 4s uses ios 6.2? I doubt it
    07-17-13 12:07 PM
    2- BB will release 2 major updates for OS 10 less than a year since the first release of OS 10 phone. I don't think iOS has that many updates in less than a year. How long did your aunt have to wait for a new iOS when she used iphone 4?
    3- When I say major updates or upgrades for OS, I mean that they add new functionalities or improve the existing features in OS.
    4- Would your aunt replace her old iphone 4 with an iphone 4s if both of them had the same hardware configuration with the exception that her old iphone 4 uses ios 6.1 and a new iphone 4s uses ios 6.2? I doubt it
    iOS is generally done right, so that it doesn't require that many updates. They get bugfixes as needed, and once a year a full update.

Meanwhile, one of those major updates to BB10 is needed to get their android runtime working fully, which should have been done before launch, as its one of the biggest features of the os.
    07-17-13 12:23 PM
    Serious question:

If an average John Smith with very limited tech knowledge comes to a smartphone store and the sales start foaming at their mouth with all the technobabble that is specs, will John Smith be excited?

I mean, let us all be honest and not be an evangelist for nobodies. People who scream "me want quad core CPU" is probably more educated than the average John Smith that you said would look at the CPU, who may very well not even look at the specs sheet and just play around with the phone.

It looks good, it feels good, it doesn't lag and it does what it's supposed to do, those are the criterias I get from the non-informed.

Heck, go find this average John Smith in the wild, ask him about his phone's specs, see if he knows or not.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-17-13 12:37 PM
    Im not worried about the 720p or 1080p screen or Octa-core processor. What they do need to do in my opinion is, give us more than 16gb of space on the phone and a BETTER camera. S4 has a 13 mp camera and iPhone 5s is rumored to have a 12 mp camera. The camera on the current iPhone 5 outperforms the Z10 as it is, so BB really needs to improve their camera. It would be VERY disappointing to say the least if they put the same camera from the Z10 on to the A10, which is supposed to be their flagship device.
    07-17-13 12:44 PM
    My 2 pennies is that BB is not just trying to compete with other OS's, they're attempting to enhance the user experience by bringing something new and different to the table. The A10 is just the next piece of the strategic pie.
    HedoBum likes this.
    07-17-13 12:51 PM
    My 2 pennies is that BB is not just trying to compete with other OS's, they're attempting to enhance the user experience by bringing something new and different to the table.
    Sir you are very right.. +1

BlackBerry CEO on New Phones, Samsung and Apple
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/vid...apple-18789479

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q10
    07-17-13 01:25 PM
    My bad. I think I responded to your post in the wrong way. I thought you were saying old devices don't get as many updates as new ones. I don't think you were saying this at all. I will address what you've said here and in your last post more accurately.

1- Whether or not this is true is debatable. Software is updated all the time. Actually, you could argue in the amount of time it takes hardware to go from the desgn stage to fabrication, new software would be released already. Either way, when you buy a phone, you're not just paying for the hardware. Would you enjoy the new HTC One with Android 2.3 as the default OS? I wouldn't.

2- IOS has had that many updates in a year (and more), especially early in it's life, like BB10.

3- Right. I understand your comments here.

4- I agree with you here. My aunt doesn't know the first thing about that kind of stuff. I doubt she is alone though; I think the general public is the same way. Actually, most people don't understand hardware changes either. They just want to know if it's better. I remember trying to explain the difference between a quad core processor and a dual core one to a friend of mine. With some people, it's an exercise in futility.
    07-17-13 01:39 PM
    Wait a minute. There's holes in his theory. iOS 6 had problem after problem last year and received several updates. It was all over the news! <cough, cough> Apple Maps <cough, cough>.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 03:30 PM
    07-17-13 03:42 PM
    If you could change one thing in this spec, what would you change? I say to up the memory to 3MB or RAM.
    07-26-13 10:20 AM
181 ... 5678