Whats wrong with Jelly bean 4.2.2? It is one of the most matured OS. I enjoy my Z10 but Android 4.2.2 is far better in feature wise, battery management, data monitoring, app management, customization etc, (no android vs BB10 here). BB10 will reach to that level, but 10.1 is surely not yet up to the mark with JB 4.2.2.
    I'll give on customization, I'd like to see that come to BB10. And shortcuts for toggling airplane, location et al.

JB is a fine OS, Android finally came into its own with that version imo. What's funny to me is that it was years in the making whereas BB10 was released in February. Looking at the features coming to 10.2 BB will be at near parity imo.

If you followed Kris' progress on 10.2 it even looks like sideloading just about any Android app might be possible. No debug token needed hopefully.

I dunno about you, but I'm impressed.

Lots of things that BlackBerry could do better but I think they're doing a great job with the OS so far, with the exception of the random reboot issue which sucked for those who had to deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 09:34 AM
    Note2 - the Note 2? That has a quad core 1.6 and a 5.5" display Not sure what you are talking about. Plus a far more mature OS. It is an incredibly capable device. Love my Z-10; sure the A-10 is very nice, but it is no Note 2, and G-d help BB if they try to price it that way.
    Here is the problem, the brand new A10 is being compared to the year old Note 2. When the Note 3 will be the actual competition, and is rumored to be beastly. @ 2.3 Quad core SD800, 3GB ram, 6 inch full HD screen, and 13MP camera. And, of course, the S-pen which is cool as heck for phablet use. (Galaxy Note III Specs: New leak points to Note III powerhouse | BGR)

Now, if that is the competiton, and they're close on price, what appeal is there for the A10? If BB can't compete with the current year products on features, they should at least be better on price, but I don't expect that to be the case.

Quad core my ***. It is a quad core Samsung. Go get the benchmark for it, it sucks. The Z is faster. My Co-worker benchmark his Note 2 and it was pathetic.
    Only people on tech sites give a damn about benchmarks. Most consumers have no idea what they mean, and they rarely actually represent real world use performance advantages.
    07-16-13 09:35 AM
    If they price this phone like a Nexus 4...then the specs fit the price. But they won't, because they are BBRY and they just do no seem to get it..

Just imagine a BBRY press conference for this device.. Literally the only thing they can "play up" would be the software... They cannot get on stage, tout this as a flagship device and proceed with 720p....S4 Pro... 299 on contract...

The internet would rip that to shreds... No matter how smooth the software runs on the hardware..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Hopefully they will drop the price to make it competitive. That would be part of their investment and the best marketing.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 09:36 AM
    Horrible device. Horrible specs, horrible design. Took half a galaxy S4 and combined it with half a HTC One. I'll buy it just to support blackberry but I am so saddened by they're lack of regard towards what the users want and are asking for. This same thinking is what got this company in trouble in the first place. Now not only are the specs crappy but now they made the battery non removable. Why? They would have better off using a quad core and making the battery removable if battery life is what they feared. Unfortunately at the end of the day us loyal BlackBerry users know the specs are fine but BlackBerry has to sell phones or they won't be here for long and with this phone no one is leaving apple or Samsung for this. Reality is not everything guys, "PERCEPTION" is everything when trying to sell products, no matter what they are...
    07-16-13 11:45 AM
    Horrible device. Horrible specs, horrible design. Took half a galaxy S4 and combined it with half a HTC One. I'll buy it just to support blackberry but I am so saddened by they're lack of regard towards what the users want and are asking for. This same thinking is what got this company in trouble in the first place. Now not only are the specs crappy but now they made the battery non removable. Why? They would have better off using a quad core and making the battery removable if battery life is what they feared. Unfortunately at the end of the day us loyal BlackBerry users know the specs are fine but BlackBerry has to sell phones or they won't be here for long and with this phone no one is leaving apple or Samsung for this. Reality is not everything guys, "PERCEPTION" is everything when trying to sell products, no matter what they are...
    Why? Why would you buy a "horrible device" just to support a company that isn't putting out what you want?

If everyone keeps buying things from them that they put out no matter what, why would they bother changing?

Mind boggling...
    07-16-13 12:00 PM
    Then don't charge a premium price. Keep it low. Since Its not a high spec mobile phone. Z10 is already on the higher side!
    I agree. They weren't long dropping the Z10 price in Canada, but when you have less-than-ultra-premium hardware, they should price it accordingly at launch.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:04 PM
    Why? Why would you buy a "horrible device" just to support a company that isn't putting out what you want?

If everyone keeps buying things from them that they put out no matter what, why would they bother changing?

Mind boggling...
    07-16-13 12:06 PM
    Why is there no mention of GPS in the specs?
    07-16-13 12:07 PM
    Because if us loyal BlackBerry customers won't then who will? NO ONE!!! Then what? Go read all the BlackBerry sites and forums around. There is nothing but DISAPPOINTMENT written every where. And these are BlackBerry sites filled with BlackBerry fans and supporters. Now just imagine what all the non supporters will say. You wanna know what's mind boggling is that BlackBerry management actually believes BlackBerry can make a comeback releasing this phone...thats mind boggling. And for the record I and all true BlackBerry fans deep down inside love the abuse. Smack us and we come back for more...that's loyalty
    07-16-13 12:17 PM
    Because if us loyal BlackBerry customers won't then who will? NO ONE!!! Then what? Go read all the BlackBerry sites and forums around. There is nothing but DISAPPOINTMENT written every where. And these are BlackBerry sites filled with BlackBerry fans and supporters. Now just imagine what all the non supporters will say. You wanna know what's mind boggling is that BlackBerry management actually believes BlackBerry can make a comeback releasing this phone...thats mind boggling. And for the record I and all true BlackBerry fans deep down inside love the abuse. Smack us and we come back for more...that's loyalty
    I'll bite one more time:

What do you owe them your loyalty for? Are they paying you? Life-debt?

Companies owe their customers, not the other way around. If you want to spend your money on a product that you yourself call horrible, so be it. I spend mine where it actually means I get what I want.
    07-16-13 01:06 PM
    How is 1080p standard. Lets be real here

Android oems - 1080p flagship phones
    Windows phone - 720p flagship phones
    Apple - retina No 1080p phones

So why does blackberry have to make 1080p when no other android manufacturer is doing this? they don't have to waste the money joining the pointless android oem spec race.

1080p is only standard with android oems, on top of that, 60-70 percent of android phones don't have 1080p screens.

Some people sound like spoiled children, "OH I DONT CARE IF MY PARENTS CAN ONLY AFFORD THE $100 PANTS I WANT THE $300 ONES"' please grow up and realize blackberry is bring the best devices they can to the market without going bankrupt.

Also the htc one has a 5MP camera. And the average joe doesn't know the difference in CPU, gpu, ppi, etc.
    Windows Phone - no 5" phablets. Yet - apparently this fall we'll see some 5" 1080p Windows phones.
    iPhone - again, no 5" phablets. I'm not sure that anyone complained about the Z10's resolution, because it was pretty high for the screen size. But expand the screen and PPI goes down.

Another thing, which is maybe more important, is that given BB's track record they'll probably sell the A10 at the same price as other high-end phones with high-end specs. Will the specs be worth the price?
    07-16-13 01:10 PM

Another thing, which is maybe more important, is that given BB's track record they'll probably sell the A10 at the same price as other high-end phones with high-end specs. Will the specs be worth the price?
    ...and given their track record they will miss Christmas with the A10
    07-16-13 01:16 PM
    ...and given their track record they will miss Christmas with the A10
    Lol! I can see it now: BB A10 delayed until Feb when it will compete with the Galaxy S8 and iPhone 15. Oh, and it'll launch in the States in summer some time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    07-16-13 01:34 PM
    OP didnt stumble on this haha. Either works for BlackBerry or Verizon and got this in a slide deck. (Could also be a field trainer, they get these decks ahead of time as well, though usually closer to launch)
    Why are people so quick to believe this image from someone that has 7 posts under their belt? It may very well be true, but it's also something I could easily make using photoshop and powerpoint in under 20 mins. No offence meant to anyone. I'm just saying...
    07-16-13 02:48 PM
    How is 1080p standard. Lets be real here

Android oems - 1080p flagship phones
    Windows phone - 720p flagship phones
    Apple - retina No 1080p phones

So why does blackberry have to make 1080p when no other android manufacturer is doing this?
    'Cause Blackberry is not Android, MS or Apple.
    they don't have to waste the money joining the pointless android oem spec race.
    They need to enter the race. Right now they are still at the starting line. Without specs what else is there for them to stand out?

1080p is only standard with android oems, on top of that, 60-70 percent of android phones don't have 1080p screens.
    And so what? Forget about the 60 to 70 percent, this is a phablet. It is going against phablets not the bottom end Androids. That means Samsung.

Some people sound like spoiled children, "OH I DONT CARE IF MY PARENTS CAN ONLY AFFORD THE $100 PANTS I WANT THE $300 ONES"' please grow up and realize blackberry is bring the best devices they can to the market without going bankrupt.
    The world realizes "blackberry is bring the best devices they can", and therein lies the problem.
    Also the htc one has a 5MP camera. And the average joe doesn't know the difference in CPU, gpu, ppi, etc.
    And how well is the HTC One selling compared to SG4?
    07-16-13 04:23 PM
    Give me good trade-in value on my PlayBook and you've got yourself a deal, BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:20 PM
    Give me good trade-in value on my PlayBook and you've got yourself a deal, BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Posted via Me on my Z
    07-16-13 06:18 PM
    These specs are not confirmed, so things can change. I am OK with a faster Dual-Core CPU, but the important thing here is the Quad-Core Graphics. That is the muscle of the interface. Though I do agree, many will compare specs with other manufacturers and choose the best regardless of OS despite the fact BlackBerry 10 is the best out.

Also 720p vs. 1080p has no difference with such small screens. Though people will still want the 1080p just because its 1080p, not because it will look better, because it will NOT.
    07-16-13 06:38 PM
    Qualcomm chipset utilizes GPS/GLONASS. Actually all BB10 devices capable.
    Qualcomm
    07-16-13 06:42 PM
    We'll have to see what this sells for. I'll admit, I'm underwhelmed but as a media device this might well gather some interest.

I don't see a compelling reason to replace my Z10 with this.
    Me too.
    07-16-13 07:47 PM
    Quad core GPU.

That's actually pretty good.
    07-16-13 08:10 PM
    i don't think these proposed specs will make a difference in terms of sales in the grand scheme of things. 720p vs 1080p and Dual Core vs. Quad Core won't make a big difference in sales for BB.

OS trumps specs. i don't think a specs bump will drive new sales away from iPhone/Android to BB and on the flip side i don't think that a lack of a bump will drive many customers away from BB that want a large display BB device. the bump or lack of a bump will not sway many people either way IMO.
    07-16-13 08:28 PM
    BB is not samsung!!! They do not have the supply chains and cash that samsung has which allows them to have purchasing power and pack their devices with all the top hardware as well as the fact that they make a lot of that top hardware themselves especially in the s4. You can look at HTC as an example but there business is not really that sustainable especially if their phone sales slow down.
    07-16-13 08:30 PM
    BB is not samsung!!! They do not have the supply chains and cash that samsung has which allows them to have purchasing power and pack their devices with all the top hardware as well as the fact that they make a lot of that top hardware themselves especially in the s4. You can look at HTC as an example but there business is not really that sustainable especially if their phone sales slow down.
    and then you have Apple which invests in its own supply chain this way -

How about buying up its own supply chain? A lot of high-tech manufacturers on The Global 2000 dream about controlling what they pay for components and gaining the assurance that crucial parts will flow as needed. Apple is one of very few firms with the financial wherewithal to make that come true, specifically by buying production equipment to outfit new and existing factories in Asia that other people will run. Apple is already deploying its cash toward this very goal, say people who follow the company closely. It’s a strategy that will likely continue the disruption in the consumer electronics field that Apple has led to date.

“Put yourself in the shoes of suppliers for Nokia, Motorola, HP and Dell, with businesses that are very volatile. They have to build out capacity for these companies, and when the products don’t sell well, their margins go down,” she says. “If a customer comes to you and says, ‘I will take the equipment risk, and I will own it so you don’t have to depreciate it. I take the volatility out of your business,’ there’s no way most of them are going to say no.”

The plan would likely look like this: Apple fronts the money to buy the production equipment for suppliers that set up the factories, hire the labor and run the day-to-day operations. Apple still owns some of the equipment and takes the depreciation, the extent of which is not known *because Apple isn’t saying. Huberty believes that most of the $7.1 billion is going toward equipment purchases for the suppliers. Apple’s investment in its own supply chain, coupled with growing scale and the prepayments it routinely makes to lock up supply of crucial components such as memory and screens, will translate into a 15% to 20% cost decline a year, Huberty estimates. That helps establish and maintain higher margins for the iPhone (50% or more) and iPad (about 40%). It also gives Cook the flexibility to consider moving into low-margin, high-volume markets such as TVs and to cut pricing on older products to lure cost-conscious buyers, as Apple did when it chopped the price of the iPad 2 by $100 when it released the new iPad.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/conniegu...ts-cash-stash/
    07-16-13 08:46 PM
    I see the responses to these supposed A10 specs and I have to wonder...WTF are half of you even doing on Crackberry? If you don't like BlackBerry, or you need to **** and moan about things that don't warrant pissing and moaning...go somewhere else.
    The only thing that's hurting BlackBerry is all the negativity on a site dedicated to BlackBerry love. If you want BlackBerry to succeed...good...then say something positive about BlackBerry. Don't keep ******** and whining about trivial **** for the world to see...you're not helping BlackBerry.

The specs (other than the weak camera) are quite fine as far as I can see. I care nothing for redundant specs that the phone doesn't need.
    BB10 doesn't need a quad-core processor and I don't think anyone (at least no one that isn't clinically anal) cares about how many cores their phone has.
    Anyone that would get a phone bigger than 5" must have a few screws loose. Why would you want to stick something that size up to the side of your head whilst making phone calls?? It's bad enough, with levels of gamma radiation we're apparently exposing ourselves to with regular sized phones, why would you want to get a phone with that much more area that close to your brain?? People that buy Notes puzzle me.

I'll be getting one of these babies as soon as they release! My Z10 has been nothing but a joy to own and I would expect nothing less from the A10.
    thekidshop likes this.
    07-16-13 11:01 PM
181 ... 45678